Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-17-07, 05:45 PM   #1
kev13dd

Default [X360] TimeShift

So Timeshift is probably the game I'm most excited about for the 360 (and I havn't played GoW yet so that might change) and I remember watching videos from E3 over a year ago thinking it was ganna be amazing- every screenshot and video I've seen has amazing graphics and the multiplayer sounded equally interesting

My question: why has all news on this game practically stopped? The last news article most gaming websites have about it is dated August 2006. First the original Xbox version was cancelled, it was shifted to 2007, publishers changed... and now all news is gone. The game practically is over 2 years late and still has a TBA release date....

Has anyone else heard anything on the game? I mean, the videos I've seen show it looks pretty darned polished and no one has ever complained about slow downs or lag. I hope we hear more about it soon

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/767/767177.html

K

Note: Yes, I know there is a PC version too, but no one likes PC anyways. I heard a PC demo had come out awhile ago too... I'm downloading that now...
Maybe the guys at Shugashack should play around with their gamma correction just a little bit because most of the screenshot are so dark you can't get an idea of what this game is really going to look like
In reference to Doom 3 screenshots from 2001
kev13dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-07, 05:46 PM   #2
|MaguS|

Default Re: [X360] TimeShift

The game is being reworked because the PC Demo was met with many complaints. It was total ass, performance and gameplay.
Old 02-17-07, 05:48 PM   #3
kev13dd

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
The game is being reworked because the PC Demo was met with many complaints. It was total ass, performance and gameplay.
But the screenshots and videos looked BEAUTIFUL in my opinion. Not uber high stuff, but still worthy of my purchase quality

K
Maybe the guys at Shugashack should play around with their gamma correction just a little bit because most of the screenshot are so dark you can't get an idea of what this game is really going to look like
Old 02-17-07, 05:49 PM   #4
|MaguS|

Yes because we all know that great graphics mean the game is good aswell...
Old 02-17-07, 05:54 PM   #5
kev13dd

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Yes because we all know that great graphics mean the game is good aswell...
That's not exactly what I meant- but normally when you have an engine that can put out graphics as good as those a total re-do isn't the neccessary fix. Not to mention that a press statement after the demo came out said that the bugs were already being fixed and wouldn't be in the final product- no mention of a rework, just normal development

And since this is the console forum, I heard that the X360 demo wasn't near as buggy as the PC one

K
Old 02-17-07, 06:16 PM   #6
agentkay

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev13dd
And since this is the console forum, I heard that the X360 demo wasn't near as buggy as the PC one
I´m also looking forward to this game, but since its a FPS certainly only the PC version. BTW, the PC demo was released in January 2006, when was the X360 demo released? That should explain why the PC demo was buggy and the console demo not or not as much.

I heard a while ago about a possible release in March but I wouldn´t bet much money on it.

Intel I7-920 aircooled by Prolimatech Megahalems @ 3.8Ghz (200x19) | Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R | OCZ Platinum 3x2GB DDR3-1600 RAM (7-7-7-24) @ 1600 | Gainward GTX 480 | WD Raptor 74GB + 150GB + Samsung 1TB | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair AX850 Gold | Coolermaster Stacker 830 silver | Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 | Logitech G15 keyboard | Logitech G25 Racing Wheel | Sharp LC-46 XL1E (gaming and work)
F CliffyB.
agentkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-07, 06:21 PM   #7
kev13dd

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentkay
I´m also looking forward to this game, but since its a FPS certainly only the PC version. BTW, the PC demo was released in January 2006, when was the X360 demo released? That should explain why the PC demo was buggy and the console demo not or not as much.

I heard a while ago about a possible release in March but I wouldn´t bet much money on it.
I don't know the exact release date, I believe it was April? And I'm pretty sure it wasn't released on the Marketplace. It came on a demo disk for a publication, which one I dunno

K
Old 02-17-07, 07:37 PM   #8
toxikneedle
this.is.a.chemical.burn

Send a message via AIM to toxikneedle Send a message via MSN to toxikneedle

I played the OXM demo for timeshift and it was terrible. But that was a year ago.