Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-13-03, 05:15 PM   #1
Yelapaboy
Bitboys Fanboi

Default Nvnews gone back to fan site only?

Noticing on a day Hard OCP reviews the new RV350 and there are at least a couple of previews of the new ATI mobile GPUs no mention of them here. Off my favorites list if this keeps up, why would anyone want to be a fanboy of a company? Buy the best for your needs. Obviously don't go to a fan-site for reviews, it looks to me like the screws are being turned by Nvidia on their own.
Yelapaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-03, 05:23 PM   #2
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Default Re: Nvnews gone back to fan site only?

Quote:
Originally posted by Yelapaboy
Noticing on a day Hard OCP reviews the new RV350 and there are at least a couple of previews of the new ATI mobile GPUs no mention of them here. Off my favorites list if this keeps up, why would anyone want to be a fanboy of a company? Buy the best for your needs. Obviously don't go to a fan-site for reviews, it looks to me like the screws are being turned by Nvidia on their own.
I mentioned this in a thread about putting up the review

would appear favorable reviews from obscure sites get put up a little faster... but I am more than prepared to give the newsposters the benefit of the doubt.. I know how news posting can be sometimes

hopefully one of em can grab and post the review on the front page...
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-03, 10:55 PM   #3
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Default Re: Nvnews gone back to fan site only?

Quote:
Obviously don't go to a fan-site for reviews, it looks to me like the screws are being turned by Nvidia on their own.
I hope to God you don't visit Rage3D ever, lest you be dubbed hypocrite of the day.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-03, 11:38 PM   #4
Yelapaboy
Bitboys Fanboi

Why would that make me a hypocrite?

I think in fact that is my point.

I currently own a 9700Pro and a 9700Pro AIW, R3D is a wonderful place for support with great help and fairly regular posts from ATI's own development people, I haven't seen any other site for any other companies graphics cards with such excellent and thorough support forums. It is very much a fan site; I wonder how it made it through all the years when ATI cards weren't exactly on top.

Before I bought an ATI 7500 for the first iteration of my HT box I never went there. Why would I? Their news sucks unless you are only interested in ATI cards; the forum regulars aren't exactly unbiased in their opinions of other graphics cards.

R3D holds a unique position in really being the only place to go if you own an ATI card simply because the quality of the support is so good and they get the best ATI news bits. It is a quirk of fate that R3D was the only ATI site left standing when the 9700Pro burst on the scene and ATI suddenly became the favorite enthusiasts card.

I don't think anyone would expect an unbiased review out of Rage 3D, perhaps that is why it was not given a 5600 review card by ATI, even with honest numbers it would not be a fair review, how could it be?

Are you saying that I should expect unbiased reviews from Nvnews even though it seems in the last few they have taken on a noticeably biased slant?

Being a fan-site is fine but there are sure a lot of Nvidia fan-sites hurting these days and IMO Nvnews has the ability and talent in its staff to be a more than decent Hardware site. I thought that was the direction it was heading.

I guess it's all in what Nvnews wants to be, it looks like in the recent weeks they may have decided on being strictly a fan-site.
Old 03-13-03, 11:44 PM   #5
LORD-eX-Bu
Horus the pointy master

Thumbs down

why do you ATI fan boys keep posting this BS flamebait, you don't like it here, GET YOUR ASS OUT!!! Go somewhere else, quit bitching. I don't give a damn what card you own, you damn fanboys are worse than diarreah
Old 03-13-03, 11:49 PM   #6
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Why would that make me a hypocrite?

I think in fact that is my point.

I currently own a 9700Pro and a 9700Pro AIW, R3D is a wonderful place for support with great help and fairly regular posts from ATI's own development people, I haven't seen any other site for any other companies graphics cards with such excellent and thorough support forums. It is very much a fan site; I wonder how it made it through all the years when ATI cards weren't exactly on top.

Before I bought an ATI 7500 for the first iteration of my HT box I never went there. Why would I? Their news sucks unless you are only interested in ATI cards; the forum regulars aren't exactly unbiased in their opinions of other graphics cards.

R3D holds a unique position in really being the only place to go if you own an ATI card simply because the quality of the support is so good and they get the best ATI news bits. It is a quirk of fate that R3D was the only ATI site left standing when the 9700Pro burst on the scene and ATI suddenly became the favorite enthusiasts card.

I don't think anyone would expect an unbiased review out of Rage 3D, perhaps that is why it was not given a 5600 review card by ATI, even with honest numbers it would not be a fair review, how could it be?

Are you saying that I should expect unbiased reviews from Nvnews even though it seems in the last few they have taken on a noticeably biased slant?

Being a fan-site is fine but there are sure a lot of Nvidia fan-sites hurting these days and IMO Nvnews has the ability and talent in its staff to be a more than decent Hardware site. I thought that was the direction it was heading.

I guess it's all in what Nvnews wants to be, it looks like in the recent weeks they may have decided on being strictly a fan-site.
nice post... IMO...

and yes... rage3d has good support... some major trolls yes... some not so bright people yes.. and also a lot of crud starters saying their gf4mx is better than the 9700pro or whatever because they tried it and it sucked the drivers sucked... blah blah blah...

cut out people who make posts like that and BLAM you have a much calmer forum

but it is a true fansite lol... no doubt...

my take here is that this place is nvNEWS hence news should be posted... and if you are going to post obscure news that paints a product in bright colors (and yes I do remmeber the first 'OFFICIAL' gf FX benchmark figures posted on the front page here.... showing figures of around 20k points in 3dmark2001se ) you might as well consider posting news articles posting rather detailed info on IQ comparisons in a manner I have personally yet to see...
Old 03-13-03, 11:56 PM   #7
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by [eNv]-LORD-eX-Bu
why do you ATI fan boys keep posting this BS flamebait, you don't like it here, GET YOUR ASS OUT!!! Go somewhere else, quit bitching. I don't give a damn what card you own, you damn fanboys are worse than diarreah
you gonna ban everyone who does not think the same way as the nvidia fans here ?

you are going to have one extremely bland forum then m8...
Old 03-14-03, 12:13 AM   #8
LORD-eX-Bu
Horus the pointy master

I don't think the same way as nVIDIA fans here, you see me bitching about how there isn't a "huge" ATI presence in the news here? who cares, there are many sites to go to, if you don't find all your stuff here, go to other sites as well and diversify. These guys post this type of crap all the time, eventually you'll start getting sick and tired of this crap as well.

Old 03-14-03, 12:15 AM   #9
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
I don't think the same way as nVIDIA fans here, you see me bitching about how there isn't a "huge" ATI presence in the news here? who cares, there are many sites to go to, if you don't find all your stuff here, go to other sites as well and diversify. These guys post this type of crap all the time, eventually you'll start getting sick and tired of this crap as well.
if you get sick and tired of this stuff... you know what its like over @ rage3d now

same ol crud day in day out from people with 1 or 2 posts...

cept this thread starter at least was coherent... again IMO...

but I'm not gonna get involved with starting crap here...

I come here coz its a decent experience...
Old 03-14-03, 12:17 AM   #10
LORD-eX-Bu
Horus the pointy master

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazar
I come here coz its a decent experience...
exactly, we have a great community here and if someone wants attention, they shouldn't go off and rant about how much the site "sucks" for not having this or that. Do it like everyone else does, participate
Old 03-14-03, 12:18 AM   #11
Yelapaboy
Bitboys Fanboi

Quote:
Pardon me Panty Master, I didn't think myself an Nvidia Fan-boy when I enjoyed my GF3 and 4 and liking the 9700 for what it is doesn't make me an ATI Fan-boy, I do love hardware though and am undeniably a hardware addict.

I can't help but notice that you mention Diarreah whilst at the same time your out-of-context rage makes it seem as though you might be soiling yourself.
Old 03-14-03, 12:20 AM   #12
LORD-eX-Bu
Horus the pointy master

ROFLMAO, haha, thats a good one Quit posting this BS