Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-14-03, 02:39 AM   #13
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Quote:
Originally posted by [eNv]-LORD-eX-Bu
ROFLMAO, haha, thats a good one Quit posting this BS
Amen to that, we try to put every piece of news we find up.

Quote:
Obviously don't go to a fan-site for reviews
Ever read one of Mike's reviews, they are completly fair.

Quote:
it looks to me like the screws are being turned by Nvidia on their own
*hands you your white cane*

Quote:
you gonna ban everyone who does not think the same way as the nvidia fans here
No and by making that statement you have just crammed your argument in the toilet. No one gets banned because they think differently. They get banned for been @rseholes and complete pricks but never because they have a different view.

Quote:
my take here is that this place is nvNEWS hence news should be posted... and if you are going to post obscure news that paints a product in bright colors (and yes I do remmeber the first 'OFFICIAL' gf FX benchmark figures posted on the front page here.... showing figures of around 20k points in 3dmark2001se ) you might as well consider posting news articles posting rather detailed info on IQ comparisons in a manner I have personally yet to see...
Good god are you ignorant? Do you remember when the first FX reviews came out? Did we censor all those that showed the FX in bad light? NO we posted them all ffs

Allow me to cry you a river for your poor bleading heart, watching? here it comes >>>>> <<<<<

Quote:
but it is a true fansite lol... no doubt...
Geee its the name that gave it away isnt it? Damnit Mike I told you they would catch on!
Old 03-14-03, 03:02 AM   #14
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
you gonna ban everyone who does not think the same way as the nvidia fans here
Quote:
No and by making that statement you have just crammed your argument in the toilet. No one gets banned because they think differently. They get banned for been @rseholes and complete pricks but never because they have a different view.
my comment was addressing something [eNv]-LORD-eX-Bu posted and in context... it is not meant to represent that the mods here are not doing a good job...

his post:

Quote:
why do you ATI fan boys keep posting this BS flamebait, you don't like it here, GET YOUR ASS OUT!!! Go somewhere else, quit bitching. I don't give a damn what card you own, you damn fanboys are worse than diarreah
and my response is posted above...

now beyond that...

my post :

Quote:
but it is a true fansite lol... no doubt...
your post :

Quote:
Geee its the name that gave it away isnt it? Damnit Mike I told you they would catch on!
if you had cared to READ the POST... you would have realised I was talking about rage3d NOT nvNEWs...

the remainder of the quotes you had involving me I will stand by

I dont mind being quoted and mistakes being pointed out... I just don't like being quoted and mis-represented with the flow of my text not being taken as what it was meant to be...

now moving on....

the reason I made the comment about posting of news... is perhaps related to some things posted immediately and others not... however I have mentioned this in another thread... that I am not going to hold newsposters responsible for this as I know how it can be sometimes... we all have lives... and I am sure that the news will be posted as has been done before...
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-03, 03:29 AM   #15
vampireuk
**** Holster

My bad

I was preparing the baseball bat thinking you were one of the evil ones
Old 03-14-03, 03:32 AM   #16
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by vampireuk
My bad

I was preparing the baseball bat thinking you were one of the evil ones
I have many cats in my bag that you could warm your baseball bat on m8

I'll pull em out slowly... one @ a time so you won't miss and can have a good swing when required
Old 03-14-03, 06:31 AM   #17
StealthHawk

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazar
you gonna ban everyone who does not think the same way as the nvidia fans here ?

you are going to have one extremely bland forum then m8...
he actually didn't say anything about banning them. he just said they should get out.

and actually i agree. i'm tired of hearing people whine about what they think nV News should be like. nV News is nV News. it is run and operated by MikeC. and he can do whatever the hell he wants with the site because he pays for it and decides who "works" here.

this is a fan site run by people in their spare time who get no personal gain out of it. do people not realize the news posters have lives and may not feel like or be able to post everything, or that they are human and can miss some stories?

Quote:
my take here is that this place is nvNEWS hence news should be posted... and if you are going to post obscure news that paints a product in bright colors (and yes I do remmeber the first 'OFFICIAL' gf FX benchmark figures posted on the front page here.... showing figures of around 20k points in 3dmark2001se ) you might as well consider posting news articles posting rather detailed info on IQ comparisons in a manner I have personally yet to see...
i for one never would have posted that. but i'm sure if it wasn't posted people would have asked why it wasn't on the front page.

Quote:
I don't think anyone would expect an unbiased review out of Rage 3D, perhaps that is why it was not given a 5600 review card by ATI, even with honest numbers it would not be a fair review, how could it be?

Are you saying that I should expect unbiased reviews from Nvnews even though it seems in the last few they have taken on a noticeably biased slant?
i agree. i wouldn't expect Rage3D to put out an unbiased review of an nvidia card. however, i wouldn't say it's impossible. it honestly isn't that hard to write a review/preview that is strictly objective. the catch is that people don't want objective reviews. they want to know what the author thinks about the subject and any inside information he can share.

if you read the forums you will see that many of the moderators have not been happy with nvidia lately. many of those people post news on the front page. why would they be more biased on the front page than in the forums?
Old 03-14-03, 06:51 AM   #18
vampireuk
**** Holster

Quote:
Originally posted by StealthHawk
he actually didn't say anything about banning them. he just said they should get out.

and actually i agree. i'm tired of hearing people whine about what they think nV News should be like. nV News is nV News. it is run and operated by MikeC. and he can do whatever the hell he wants with the site because he pays for it and decides who "works" here.

this is a fan site run by people in their spare time who get no personal gain out of it. do people not realize the news posters have lives and may not feel like or be able to post everything, or that they are human and can miss some stories?
Truer words have never been spoken, I owe you a beer
Old 03-14-03, 08:06 AM   #19
digitalwanderer

Default Heh-heh-heh.

I think I'll join in on the Yelapaboy bashing fest, this place is worth sticking up for.

nVnews has been REMARKABLY cool about the whole FX thing, and I for one have no reasons to really bicht about the job anyone is doing here.

If'n y'all wanna start trouble I agree with the R3D suggestion, they'll oblige you over there no problem. (I promise, I'll make sure of it. )

But don't go trying to stir up muck and hard-feelings here that just don't exist please, it's unproductive and annoying. No one wants to play your game, no one is gonna step up and back you up.

This is nVnews, they mostly deal with news here. There ain't a whole lot of fanboyism in any of the people who run this site, IMHO.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-03, 10:18 AM   #20
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by vampireuk
Truer words have never been spoken, I owe you a beer
whats about when bugs bunny said... ehhh... whats up doc ?

I thought those words were true... had a profound impact on anyone's pysche that watched the moment (moments) and that bugs deserved an oscar or whatever for his performance every time he rendered those words...

does anyone REALISE how difficult it is to SPEAK while chewing on a carrot ?

btw...

sean pelletier's little baby...

http://hardocp.com/article.html?art=NDQ0

thought it sort of touched on the whole cinematic GPU thinger of the latest news article on the front page...

Old 03-14-03, 11:19 AM   #21
DaveW
Its me! Hurray!

Default Re: Nvnews gone back to fan site only?

Quote:
Originally posted by Yelapaboy
Noticing on a day Hard OCP reviews the new RV350 and there are at least a couple of previews of the new ATI mobile GPUs no mention of them here. Off my favorites list if this keeps up, why would anyone want to be a fanboy of a company? Buy the best for your needs. Obviously don't go to a fan-site for reviews, it looks to me like the screws are being turned by Nvidia on their own.
"Off my favorites list if this keeps up"

You sound like a paying customer complaining about a commercial service. This site is free. You are not a customer. You are a visitor. No-one is forcing you to come here and you have no right to make demands as to its content. It would be like you inviting me to visit your home and me rudely saying "either you change this wallpaper or i'm not coming back". You would be showing me the door.

Core2 Q9400 @ 3.0, eVGA GTX 260, 4G DDR 800, Vista64
DaveW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-03, 11:32 AM   #22
Solomon

If Yelapaboy could remove all the negative things in his post and just come out say it, "Is nV News a Nvidia fan based site?" I think you would of got a better answer. Plus if you have to ask if nV News is a fan site to begin with, well.. Hehehe. Just look at the title of the site Yelapaboy.

What's ironic is no one has really answered his question. Is nV News a Nvidia based fan site or not? But Yelapaboy, if you have to ask if this is a fan site, then apparently you haven't been coming here often as it's plain as day that nV News is geared toward Nvidia news. Heh. Hence the name of the site bro.

Regards,
D. Solomon Jr.
*********.com
Solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-03, 12:06 PM   #23
Yelapaboy
Bitboys Fanboi

Heh, after wading through my email that suggests among other things my lower unit is too small, I have credit that needs fixing, a house that need remortgaging, and a picture from what appears to be a 35 year-old heroin addict with pig-tails who calls herself a teen and wants me to visit her site, I have to come here and get bashed? Woe is me!

I really wasn't trying to bait anybody but I was more circumspect than I should have been.

I guess what I really wanted to know was not whether or not this is a fan-site but whether or not Nvidia is putting the screws on sites such as Nvnews and 3Dgpu to toe the line as I had noticed a distinct skewing and selectivity of news posts at both sites recently. I guess this really shouldn't bother me as both sites have excellent message boards that truly are worth visiting but if Nvidia is in fact doing so it does chafe my rear end.

Oh yeah and "Off my favorites list if this keeps up" well, sometimes I say stupid things.
Yelapaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-03, 12:32 PM   #24
fastguy94416
The Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by [eNv]-LORD-eX-Bu
why do you ATI fan boys keep posting this BS flamebait, you don't like it here, GET YOUR ASS OUT!!! Go somewhere else, quit bitching. I don't give a damn what card you own, you damn fanboys are worse than diarreah

No, I have diarreah right now, its worse than fanboys
NEC ND-3540a Toshiba 16x DVD ROM
Dell 1905fp Windows XP Pro
fastguy94416 is offline   Reply With Quote