Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-18-03, 02:56 AM   #37
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

We like to offer a broad variety of news for people to read over. We primarily focus on Nvidia related news, but it doesnt hurt to give our readers a bit extra now does it
Old 03-18-03, 11:17 AM   #38
Matthyahuw

Send a message via ICQ to Matthyahuw Send a message via AIM to Matthyahuw Send a message via Yahoo to Matthyahuw

Traffic is fairly even with nV pulling out ahead a bit...

And that's (unfortunately) without much content from nV...

Don't let #s of members in a forum lead you astray in traffic. Take a look at Driverheaven, more members than these 2 sites put together, and traffic is not even close.

Over @ Envy, we have just under 600 members in the forums, and since the beginning of the year, our traffic nearly tripled, and pretty much has more traffic than both these sites put together now...
Old 03-18-03, 01:06 PM   #39
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by Matthyahuw
Don't let #s of members in a forum lead you astray in traffic. Take a look at Driverheaven, more members than these 2 sites put together, and traffic is not even close.
Really? That's interesting. I was always led to believe that DH's traffic was pretty damned heavy. (NOTE:I ain't arguing with you! I'm just surprised. )

Would it be at all possible to make that graph and include DH in the mix? I'd be damned interested in that just to see what the reality was/is.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-03, 11:46 PM   #40
Matthyahuw

Send a message via ICQ to Matthyahuw Send a message via AIM to Matthyahuw Send a message via Yahoo to Matthyahuw

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Really? That's interesting. I was always led to believe that DH's traffic was pretty damned heavy. (NOTE:I ain't arguing with you! I'm just surprised. )

Would it be at all possible to make that graph and include DH in the mix? I'd be damned interested in that just to see what the reality was/is.
Ya bud, AshG was lead to believe the same, but when reality hits, it's barely on the chart...I had to go back a year for it to even show up...

Old 03-19-03, 12:16 AM   #41
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Ya bud, AshG was lead to believe the same, but when reality hits, it's barely on the chart...I had to go back a year for it to even show up...

Thanks. (Oh, and ! )

Question, why do the numbers seem to go backwards to me on the left handside of the chart? It seems to go from 20K at the top to 100K at the bottom, I don't get. What does it mean?

EDITED BITS: Doh! Rankings, rankings by amount of hits....got it. That doesn't make sense to me from what I've been lead to believe, but it makes a whole lot of sense to me and explains why I've been lead to believe a few things. Thank you, you've succesful helped me conscious mind figure out just what the F*CK my sub-conscious mind has been up to for a while.

But it's still way past my bedtime if that graph confused me. My thanks again to you for taking the time to make/post that up for me, it really is appreciated.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]

Last edited by digitalwanderer; 03-19-03 at 12:21 AM.
Old 03-19-03, 12:32 AM   #42
Kruno
TypeDef's assistant

Send a message via ICQ to Kruno Send a message via AIM to Kruno

Visitors?
Old 03-19-03, 02:15 AM   #43
Matthyahuw

Alexa rankings...for example: a score of 20,000 means you are the 20,000th most popular web site on the net (according to them). There are a few loopholes here and there, but overall it's fairly accuarte....
Old 03-19-03, 03:35 AM   #44
Kruno
TypeDef's assistant

Send a message via ICQ to Kruno Send a message via AIM to Kruno

Quote:
Alexa rankings...for example: a score of 20,000 means you are the 20,000th most popular web site on the net (according to them). There are a few loopholes here and there, but overall it's fairly accuarte....
Who's no. 1?

Old 03-19-03, 11:13 AM   #45
digitalwanderer

"You are number 6."

-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Old 03-19-03, 11:18 AM   #46
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

ok... why the feck is your sig that big ?
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-03, 11:20 AM   #47
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Traffic is fairly even with nV pulling out ahead a bit...

And that's (unfortunately) without much content from nV...

Over @ Envy, we have just under 600 members in the forums, and since the beginning of the year, our traffic nearly tripled, and pretty much has more traffic than both these sites put together now...
that graph is highly innacurate IMO...

any given day you will see many more people @ r3d and there will be more posts and activity on the boards than here... many m,ore times in fact... if you look @ active users @ any given time... and uniques...
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-03, 11:29 AM   #48
Matthyahuw

KILER, here is the top 100:
http://www.alexa.com/site/ds/top_500?p=Dest_W_t_40_L1

Sazar, your wish of seeing more active board members to accounting for more traffic doesn't make it happen. Like I said, alexa has some bugs, but overall, it's fairly accurate.