Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-23-07, 09:31 AM   #49
sweetmate

Default Re: Sony Risks Falling Out of Console Battle

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor1182
They are acting in such a way to give people like me who don't like Sony fuel to use to show how dumb they are, and making the people in the Sony camp believe the negative stuff the other two camps are spewing out.
Its not a question of being in camps or liking/disliking Sony, if you just look objectively at what choices Sony has made in the design and execution of PS3, the mind boggles at the stupidity, short-sightedness and customer-contempt. No need for competition from MS and Nintendo, Sony have used the big red self-destruct button and keep smashing on it month after month.
sweetmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-07, 09:45 AM   #50
whiskeychaser

I must be insane, but I love the PS3. I've been trying to figure out how sony dropped the ball with this console, because it seems like so many here hate the thing. I barely use it for gaming, maybe that's it. It's a beautiful design that looks great in my living room. I look at it like this; I just bought a highend pc that plays hd movies, is wireless, stores and plays all of my music, is good for gaming, stores all my photo's..etc. All this for $600. I've spent more than that on a single video card. I think Sony has developed a great product and would recommend it to anyone that has the cash to burn.
whiskeychaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-07, 10:04 AM   #51
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeychaser
I must be insane
your answer right there

/wait for flames
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
thor1182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-07, 10:16 AM   #52
Marvel_us
FOOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor1182
your answer right there

/wait for flames
Well he is right. From what I've seen from most of the people who actually own PS3s think it's great. However I do think Sony isn't doing a good job of marketing the system. That includes the timing of certain announcements like these.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume Sony put this announcement out there now in hopes to not rain on their GDC parade. Hopefully they have some good stuff coming in Phil Harrison's keynote.

60gb PS3 Owner
PSNid: Marvel_us
Marvel_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-07, 10:18 AM   #53
OWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeychaser
I must be insane, but I love the PS3. I've been trying to figure out how sony dropped the ball with this console, because it seems like so many here hate the thing. I barely use it for gaming, maybe that's it. It's a beautiful design that looks great in my living room. I look at it like this; I just bought a highend pc that plays hd movies, is wireless, stores and plays all of my music, is good for gaming, stores all my photo's..etc. All this for $600. I've spent more than that on a single video card. I think Sony has developed a great product and would recommend it to anyone that has the cash to burn.
Yeah, I was about to post something similiar but you pretty much said what I was thinking (although I'm really enjoying the gaming aspect of it now, especially now that we're getting more content).

Anyway, it seems like a really nice design to me. Maybe this weekend I'll post some pics that I sent to some of my friends who have been asking about which one to get (for use in an entertainment center). Like you mentioned, if you're going to use it in a livingroom or entertainment center, it fits in very nicely.
OWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-07, 10:56 AM   #54
nemecb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel_us
Well he is right. From what I've seen from most of the people who actually own PS3s think it's great.
This doesn't really surprise me though. Most people are not going to spend 5-600 on something without being pretty sure that it's what they want. This is why almost all of my hardware reviews that I've written get 5 stars - before I buy something I do the research to make sure it's exactly what I want.
nemecb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-07, 11:59 AM   #55
Morrow
Atari STE 4-bit color

Europe's PS3 to have limited ps2 backwards compatibility

Looks like that Sony discards the PS2 hardware from the European PS3 in order to reduce costs... of course Europeans will still have to pay the highest prices for PS3 worldwide.

Great job, Sony. Europe will love you,
Morrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-07, 12:01 PM   #56
Marvel_us
FOOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrow
Europe's PS3 to have limited ps2 backwards compatibility

Looks like that Sony discards the PS2 hardware from the European PS3 in order to reduce costs... of course Europeans will still have to pay the highest prices for PS3 worldwide.

Great job, Sony. Europe will love you,
Great job, look a couple posts ^^.

60gb PS3 Owner
PSNid: Marvel_us
Marvel_us is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-23-07, 12:03 PM   #57
|MaguS|

While it sucks that they are removing the hardware this early in the PS3s lifespan, it was going to happen eventually. The PS2 did the same thing, the original units used PSX hardware and then moved to emulation later in the consoles life.
Old 02-23-07, 12:41 PM   #58
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
While they are not owning the compeition they are proving the critics wrong, for the sales of Jan the PS3 was very close to the X360 in sales, only 50K off or so which is suprising when you consider the price difference and the extreme lack of titles for the PS3. If anything its proving Sony correct that people will pay the price for the PS3 even if the games aren't there, now imagine the sales once the AAA titles release...
teh xbox has been out for a year. The big rush to get one has been long over. The PS3 just isn't generating the same demand. Don't get me wrong. I do not want Sony to exit the console market. We need them to push the other two. I am just stating the reality. The PS3 did not promote Sony at all. I loved the PSX and did not like the PS2 or 3. I enjoyed both Xboxs but the Wii takes the cake for me. Having so much fun with it. The new Sonic game is fantatstic.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-07, 02:02 PM   #59
Lyme

Why Oh Why does Sony insist on Shafting Europe over and over.

Going to be interesting to see how things go over there. I can understand why Sony is pulling the dedicated ps2 hardware from the PS3, because they are trying to save costs anywhere possible, but giving europe the shaft.. again.
Lyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-07, 04:16 PM   #60
Mr_LoL
Bush's Doppleganger

So are Sony passing the savings of removing the emulation onto the European customer? Nope its still the same price. I really wonder whats going on at Sony. Mr Stringer needs to shoot a few people.
Core i5 2500K@ 4.5, KFA2 GTX 570, Gigabyte Z68, 8GB Corsair XMS 1600MHZ, Antec Truepower New 650w, Coolermaster Storm Sniper, 1TB Samsung F1, Yamakasi Catleap 27", Samsung 245B, Asus Xonar DG...blah blah blah
Mr_LoL is offline   Reply With Quote