Udedenks

Default I need an explanation please.

Capability | GPU | Chipset | OS | Optimal
AGP Version | 3.0 | 3.0 | 3.0| 3.0
MAX AGP Rate | 8x | 8x | 2x | 8x
Max Request Queue | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1
Fast Wires | Yes | Yes |Yes |Yes
Sideband Addressing|Yes | Yes | No | Yes

Is the OS... slowing things down? or what?

And do Fast Wires do anything or are they just for the show?

Also, What Should I set my onboard memory to (The range is from 8 to 128) for i got 256 megs on my graphics card already...

Also, for the sake of questions - wtf is a mendula oblangata?
Udedenks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-07, 05:53 PM   #2
Udedenks

Default Re: I need an explanation please.

any1?
Old 02-15-07, 06:56 PM   #3
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

This has been explained repeatedly. The OS is misreporting. Your system is fine.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-07, 07:44 PM   #4
Blakhart

"medula"
Blakhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-07, 01:50 PM   #5
Wolfhound
Moving to new home

Send a message via MSN to Wolfhound Send a message via Yahoo to Wolfhound

The OS is misreporting and for the medula oblongata

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medula_oblongata
Intel Quad Core Q6600 @ 3,4 | 4Gigs (2x2) OCZ Reaper PC-8500 | Gigabyte P35-DS3R | Western Digital 500G Caviar SE16 SATA2 NCQ | Seagate160 Gig 7200.9 SATA NCQ | Maxtor 300Gig SATA NCQ | Asus Geforce 260GTX | Samsung Syncmaster 930BF 19'' | BeQuiet Straight Power 700W | Cooler Master CM690 |Windows Vista x64 SP2 |Windows XP SP3 [Deceased PSU, no money for new one, stucked with laptop and XBOX 360]

Macbook Pro 13': 4gigs | Core2 Duo 2,53Mhz | 250Gigs HDD |geforce 9400M| aluminium unibody | Mac OS X 10.6.2 Snow Leopard |gentoo Linux 2.631 kernel

Wolfhound´s Brute: http://wolfhound77.mybrute.com
Wolfhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-07, 03:05 PM   #6
Udedenks

>.> cool...

now how much onboard memory do ya recommend? I am 8 right now.
Old 02-17-07, 06:52 PM   #7
Wolfhound
Moving to new home

Send a message via MSN to Wolfhound Send a message via Yahoo to Wolfhound

depends on how much RAM do you have, look here for more info regarding AGP Aperture Size, look at this:

http://www.adriansrojakpot.com/Speed...rture_Size.htm

Quote:
Still, it's recommended that you keep the AGP aperture around 64MB to 128MB in size. Now, why is such a large aperture size recommended despite the fact that most graphics cards now come with large amounts of RAM? Shouldn't we just set it to the absolute minimum to save system RAM?
And for Fast Writes

Quote:
This BIOS feature controls the AGP bus' Fast Write capability. Fast Write is a feature which accelerates memory write transactions from the chipset to the AGP device.

Fast Write allows the AGP device act like a PCI device. This allows it to bypass the main memory and directly access the data which improves AGP read performance. However AGP write performance is not affected.

While this feature may appear to greatly improve the performance of AGP graphics cards, its actual performance effect is quite negligible. Also, it reduces the overclockability of the graphics card when enabled.

Therefore, if you do not intend to overclock your graphics card, it is recommended that you enable AGP Fast Write for potentially better AGP read performance. However, you should definitely disable it if you intend to overclock your graphics card, or if any of your PCI cards start acting funny.
And for Side Band Addressing

Quote:
This feature maximizes the efficiency and throughput of the AGP bus, by separating the address bus from the data bus via the addition of 8 extra 8-bit wide interface sideband lines (Sideband Address Port). This allows the graphics controller to issue new AGP requests and commands at the same time with other AGP data flowing via the main 32 address/data (AD) lines. This results in improving overall AGP data throughput.
Hope this helps you
Intel Quad Core Q6600 @ 3,4 | 4Gigs (2x2) OCZ Reaper PC-8500 | Gigabyte P35-DS3R | Western Digital 500G Caviar SE16 SATA2 NCQ | Seagate160 Gig 7200.9 SATA NCQ | Maxtor 300Gig SATA NCQ | Asus Geforce 260GTX | Samsung Syncmaster 930BF 19'' | BeQuiet Straight Power 700W | Cooler Master CM690 |Windows Vista x64 SP2 |Windows XP SP3 [Deceased PSU, no money for new one, stucked with laptop and XBOX 360]

Macbook Pro 13': 4gigs | Core2 Duo 2,53Mhz | 250Gigs HDD |geforce 9400M| aluminium unibody | Mac OS X 10.6.2 Snow Leopard |gentoo Linux 2.631 kernel

Wolfhound´s Brute: http://wolfhound77.mybrute.com
Wolfhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-07, 01:39 PM   #8
Udedenks

I have reinstalled XP, and now it says that sideband is Yes in the Operating System (Windows XP HE SP2)... fps seems better... but then again, this could be for I repatitioned n' formatted and got a bran spanking new Windows on top.