Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-01-09, 04:43 PM   #1
Lyme

Default Metal Gear Solid: Rising

http://www.crunchgear.com/2009/06/01...-solid-rising/
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2...0-into-social-
entertainment-hub.ars
Quote:
While not an exclusive, Hideo Kojima revealed that Metal Gear Solid Rising is coming to the Xbox 360. This is Microsoft chipping away at the empire that was Sony, bringing yet another title that used to be known only on PlayStation platforms to the Xbox.
Looks like I may finally play a MGS title.
Lyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-09, 04:50 PM   #2
Marvel_us
FOOL!

Default Re: Metal Gear Solid: Rising

So is it confirmed that this is exclusive for 360? The game itself revolves around Raiden. I'm not sure why they claim MGS is known only to be on Playstation only. There were other versions of MGS on Xbox in the past.

60gb PS3 Owner
PSNid: Marvel_us
Marvel_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-09, 04:54 PM   #3
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel_us View Post
So is it confirmed that this is exclusive for 360? The game itself revolves around Raiden. I'm not sure why they claim MGS is known only to be on Playstation only. There were other versions of MGS on Xbox in the past.
No, Kojima only said it was being developed for the X360...

Yeah I find it funny that everyone is getting up in arms (on both sides) that MGS is on the X360... The series was never exclusive to Sony, Both MGS1 and MGS2 made a multiplatform release... It would have been hurtful to Sony if MGS4 was brought over but it seems like we can finally put that to rest.

BTW Im guessing that the PS3 will get its own MGS game aswell, The Website showed off Big Boss aswell, so my guess is that there will be two titles in the works.
Old 06-01-09, 04:55 PM   #4
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

I am hearing this is a spin off with Raiden. Might be a hack and slash gameplay type, not sure on that though. Some are saying it is exclusive, but I doubt it since MS would have mentioned that.

I am actually expecting ANOTHER new game at the Sony Conference tomorrow since that Big Boss image from the countdown site is still in question...
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-09, 04:55 PM   #5
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Dang I hate you Magus... you beat me by just a little bit!
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-09, 05:06 PM   #6
Marvel_us
FOOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
I am hearing this is a spin off with Raiden. Might be a hack and slash gameplay type, not sure on that though. Some are saying it is exclusive, but I doubt it since MS would have mentioned that.

I am actually expecting ANOTHER new game at the Sony Conference tomorrow since that Big Boss image from the countdown site is still in question...
Another new game plus this one? Maybe some kind of extra content for the PS3 version?

60gb PS3 Owner
Old 06-01-09, 05:12 PM   #7
Buio

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Yeah I find it funny that everyone is getting up in arms (on both sides) that MGS is on the X360... The series was never exclusive to Sony.....text...

BTW Im guessing that the PS3 will get its own MGS game aswell, The Website showed off Big Boss aswell, so my guess is that there will be two titles in the works.
So has MGS ever been on XBox or XBox 360 before? If not, I would guess people with that console is happy to be able to play it in the future.

----

You mean that they are developing 2 different games where one is exclusive to PS3 and the other is for both 360 and PS3? Seems highly unlikely, especially in the current financial situation.
Buio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-09, 05:16 PM   #8
Marvel_us
FOOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buio View Post
So has MGS ever been on XBox or XBox 360 before? If not, I would guess people with that console is happy to be able to play it in the future.

----

You mean that they are developing 2 different games where one is exclusive to PS3 and the other is for both 360 and PS3? Seems highly unlikely, especially in the current financial situation.
MGS has been on the Xbox before. I think the second game that will be released is a PSP MGS. MGS: Peace Walker is the rumored name so far.

http://www.metalgearsolid.org/Metal-...alker-PSP.html

60gb PS3 Owner

Old 06-01-09, 05:20 PM   #9
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buio View Post

----

Yes, The original Xbox got Metal Gear Solid 2 as did the PC and Metal Gear Solid was released on the PC with a remake exclusive to the Gamecube.

As for my prediction. I believe that there will be two console MGS games with neither being exclusive.

Marvel, I know theres another PSP one in the work but I do believe we will see a new one on the PS3.
Old 06-01-09, 05:29 PM   #10
S.I.N
UnRegistered User

I wish Kojima would do something different. After MGS4 I'm kind of worn out so I hope they try to do something a little different with this one.

Also is entrance to announce it was pretty cool, I didn't even see him until a second before that MGS warning sound. And tell the truth I was not surprised, more surprising was that he spoke in English.
S.I.N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-09, 05:36 PM   #11
ViN86

Second link is 404...

If it's anything like MGS4 I will be buying it
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-09, 05:46 PM   #12
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
Second link is 404...

If it's anything like MGS4 I will be buying it
I'm guessing its going to be a lot more action based since Raiden is the main character...