Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-22-07, 11:25 PM   #49
NaitoSan
Student @ DigiPen

Default Re: ***Official XBL Marketplace Thread***

In PS1/2, you can rotate "loading" around which is pretty cool but on XBOX360 you couldn't because it only show for few seconds. So it does load quicker.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP | 4GB G.Skill F2-6400PHU1 @ 800MHz 4-4-3-5 | EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB | Western Digital Raptor X 150GB | Samsung 32" HDTV | Windows 7 Professional x64

Note: English is my second language so please bear with my grammar!
NaitoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-07, 03:27 PM   #50
kevJ420
*BANNED*

I think it's one of the 5 best games ever made, but I think they should have somehow put the areas of the saturn one in it.
kevJ420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-07, 03:27 PM   #51
kevJ420
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENU291
I guess if you really want to play SOTN with truely enhanced graphics you'll have to wait for the PSP version that's due later this year.
It's the 2nd remake of it's prequel not a remake of sotn
Old 03-23-07, 05:47 PM   #52
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevpla1@cox.net
It's the 2nd remake of it's prequel not a remake of sotn
Rondo of Blood is being remade for the PSP but it also will include a remix of SOTN.
Old 03-23-07, 07:05 PM   #53
kevJ420
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Rondo of Blood is being remade for the PSP but it also will include a remix of SOTN.
Thanks for telling me. I guess I should read previews more carefully, but will it still have the original rondo of blood on it, so there's a total of 3 unique games?

They could also include the snes remake so it will have all three incarnations of rondo of blood plus symphony of the night's remix and they could include the saturn areas for it.

The sNES remake of Rondo was a poster child for the snes' bright color palette. It was also weird like bloodlines. I think, but I'm not sure, that Bloodlines and the sNES remake of rondo were done mostly by the same team. They're both the weirdest and they were about a 1.5 years apart (94 and 95.)
Old 03-23-07, 07:21 PM   #54
|MaguS|

SNES never got Rondo of Blood, Dracula X for the SNES is more of an off shoot of the game rather then a port of Rondo of Blood (shared alot of content but the levels were almost completly different). The only way a person outside of Japan has played the game was through import or emulation, Konami never brought it over to the states. This will be the first time it will make it overseas.

The PSP will get the original, remake and SOTN. Not the SNES version since its the lesser of the games.
Old 03-23-07, 07:46 PM   #55
ENU291
Die spammer!! DIE!!!

Send a message via AIM to ENU291 Send a message via Yahoo to ENU291

The true problem with SOTN on the Xbox360 is that you are attempting to take a 480i image and blowing it up to insane levels. Obviously that is going to affect the visuals in a negative way. Now imagine the same game at the same resolution running on the PSP. The massive pixelation found on the 360 will not be present on the PSP. Even if they leave the graphics exactly as they were found on the PS1 the game will look amazing on the PSP's screen. For more information on Rondo of Blood and SOTN on the PSP check out THIS link.
EVGA 8800GTX; Asus MSN-SLI Deluxe mobo; Athlon X2 5200+(225X13/2.93GHZ); Corsair XMS TWIN2X (1024X4); WD Raptor 150GB HD; MAXTOR 500GB HD; CL X-Fi XtremeGamer; Xbox360 HD-DVD; Plextor 18X DVD-RW/+RW; Dell 2707WFP

Registered Linux User # 444118 Xbox360 GamerTag: StryderXx PSN ID: StryderXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
Gamers are the most unhappy and miserable consumer group I know of. Just sit back, relax and have fun.
ENU291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-07, 10:19 PM   #56
NaitoSan
Student @ DigiPen

Those screenshots at Gamespot are in 720p o_o

I wish it'll come to PS3 via download. That'd be so cool.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP | 4GB G.Skill F2-6400PHU1 @ 800MHz 4-4-3-5 | EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB | Western Digital Raptor X 150GB | Samsung 32" HDTV | Windows 7 Professional x64

Note: English is my second language so please bear with my grammar!
NaitoSan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-24-07, 02:54 PM   #57
kevJ420
*BANNED*

Quote:
SNES never got Rondo of Blood, Dracula X for the SNES is more of an off shoot of the game rather then a port of Rondo of Blood (shared alot of content but the levels were almost completly different). The only way a person outside of Japan has played the game was through import or emulation, Konami never brought it over to the states. This will be the first time it will make it overseas.

The PSP will get the original, remake and SOTN. Not the SNES version since its the lesser of the games.
It definately wasn't a port. I guess this could be wrong, but if not, then I like to call the snes one a remake of the turbo duo(import) even though it was nowhere near as good. They fall under the same part of the time line and a lot of the levels have the same themes and music, just different art style and the music isn't redbook.

The story had a few changes for the super nes remake (Shaft wasn't in it IIRC and maria and annette are sisters only in the super nes one.), but those changes weren't enough to make the main events not count.

I think maybe I should sell my (import) rondo of blood before it goes down in value.

I could be wrong about this of course, but I consider a port to be the same game ported to another platform with technical differences due to the systems' hardware and then remakes to be like the GC REmake.
Old 03-24-07, 03:07 PM   #58
|MaguS|

The SNES is more powerful then the PC Engine when it comes to pure performance power. It wasn't a port but rather an off shoot due to them changing the physical layout of the level aswell many of the story elements.
Old 03-24-07, 07:30 PM   #59
Zelda_fan

Quote:
OMG STON is such a BS port... enhanced graphics my ass... looks worse then it did on the PSX if you try to stretch it to actually fit the screen at a decent size by default its in a tiny ass window.
I'm sure if they released it on the PS3 you'd love it.

BTW TMNT co op is awesome. Brings back childhood memories at Chuck E Cheeses.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-07, 07:40 PM   #60
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan
I'm sure if they released it on the PS3 you'd love it.
If they didn't claim "enhanced" graphics I would... Oh and don't see how you can state that my comments are fanboy considering I own an X360 and actually bought this ****ty port.

BTW I rather play the original PSX version on my PS3, it atleast doesn't have the technical issues...