Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-24-07, 01:49 PM   #25
toxikneedle
this.is.a.chemical.burn

Send a message via AIM to toxikneedle Send a message via MSN to toxikneedle
Default Re: Nintendo unveils 2007 lineup - PS3 fanboys worldwide begin to quake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan
So why would you spend an extra $200 on a PS3 when an xbox basically has the same games?
good point
Old 02-24-07, 01:49 PM   #26
Lfctony

Quote:
So why would you spend an extra $200 on a PS3 when an xbox basically has the same games?
Personally, I can afford both. I'm also a huge Final Fantasy fan, so I got the PS3 because I can. It comes down to the exclusives on each system. You have Halo, GoW, Mass Effect on the one. Then you have Final Fantasy, Devil May Cry, Metal Gear Solid on the other. Of course there are others. Depends on which franchises are your thing. I'm just glad I don't have to decide between the 2.
Fafnir: Intel Core 2 Quad 6600@3.2Ghz|eVGA 780i SLI|PNY GTX480 |Kingston DDR667 4096MB|WD Black Caviar 500GB|Seagate SATA 250GB|Seagate SATA 200GB| Seagate SATA 160GB|OptiArc AD-7173S DVDRW|Nec 3351 DVDRW|Creative X-FI XM|LG Flatron W2261V|Logitech X-530|Thermaltake Armor|Amptac 850W SLI PSU|Logitech G9 Mouse|Xigmatek HDT S-1283 CPU Cooler|Windows 7/FW 257.21

PS2 - Wii - Xbox - Xbox360 - PSP - GC - PS3 Owner

Boycott Starforce...

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?
Lfctony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-07, 01:52 PM   #27
Arioch

Quote:
I bought a PS3 since its a bargain as a Blu-ray player and will have exclusive titles that my Xbox 360 will not. If you take advantage of all the capabilities it offers its actually worth the price IMHO.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-07, 01:52 PM   #28
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lfctony
Personally, I can afford both. I'm also a huge Final Fantasy fan, so I got the PS3 because I can. It comes down to the exclusives on each system. You have Halo, GoW, Mass Effect on the one. Then you have Final Fantasy, Devil May Cry, Metal Gear Solid on the other. Of course there are others. Depends on which franchises are your thing. I'm just glad I don't have to decide between the 2.
So can I.

When Final Fantasy is ACTUALLY RELEASED I might just buy a PS3. Right now there is no reason whatsoever to buy one. DMC and MGS I could really care less about.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-07, 01:53 PM   #29
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arioch
I bought a PS3 since its a bargain as a Blu-ray player and will have exclusive titles that my Xbox 360 will not. If you take advantage of all the capabilities it offers its actually worth the price IMHO.
HD-DVD is superior to blu-ray. I will not have a blu-ray player in my entertainment center until absolutely necessary.
Old 02-24-07, 02:02 PM   #30
Arioch

Quote:
HD-DVD is superior to blu-ray. I will not have a blu-ray player in my entertainment center until absolutely necessary.
Oh really? You keep up on the formats or are you just posting an opinion. HD-DVD had the edge in picture quality at first because many of the Blu-ray titles early on had poor compression that affected the image. At this point the high quality titles on Blu-ray look just as good as HD-DVD. Also, there are a lot more titles coming out for Blu-ray in the coming year than HD-DVD. Anyone that has spent a decent amount of time on the AVSforum can verify all this.

I will concede I do not know as much about Nintendo as you do but I think your assessment about the HD movie format is wrong.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-07, 02:46 PM   #31
SeriTonin
*BANNED*

I was afraid the Wii would get bloated with titles like these...basic re-works of already realized games from the cube. I guess they feel since the selling point is the control scheme, they need not take too much time on new ip's.

As for the Sony thing, I personally still feel it's way too early to say who will win. As zelda said, when FF13 arrives, he may buy a system, if 14 million other people have that theory, ps3 will be a winner. My point being there is just not enough software to justify the hardware right now ...but in time, who knows, a year from now stores may be having trouble keeping ps3's in stock and can't give away a Wii.

Either way, pc pwnz all.
SeriTonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-07, 02:49 PM   #32
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriTonin
I was afraid the Wii would get bloated with titles like these...basic re-works of already realized games from the cube. I guess they feel since the selling point is the control scheme, they need not take too much time on new ip's.

As for the Sony thing, I personally still feel it's way too early to say who will win. As zelda said, when FF13 arrives, he may buy a system, if 14 million other people have that theory, ps3 will be a winner. My point being there is just not enough software to justify the hardware right now ...but in time, who knows, a year from now stores may be having trouble keeping ps3's in stock and can't give away a Wii.

Either way, pc pwnz all.
No game has ever sold 14 million systems. Very few people have the finances available to buy all three, most people will just buy one (or two at the most) and that one system will be bought for SEVERAL games not just one.

Old 02-24-07, 03:44 PM   #33
NaitoSan
Student @ DigiPen

Yeah I own a 360 so... PS3 isn't appealing enough for me to rush and buy one until maybe in 2008. Almost all are heading to 360 and probably will look and play a bit better (hey, who knows!) A few isn't due until in 2008 anyway.

Also rumors saying that Capcom may consider about bring DMC4 to 360, same goes for MGS4. We'll see and personally if that happens... that'll serious put a big blow on PS3.

I have nothing against PS3. I want one someday but still not compelled to get one yet.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP | 4GB G.Skill F2-6400PHU1 @ 800MHz 4-4-3-5 | EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB | Western Digital Raptor X 150GB | Samsung 32" HDTV | Windows 7 Professional x64

Note: English is my second language so please bear with my grammar!
NaitoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-07, 05:57 PM   #34
SeriTonin
*BANNED*

Quote:
No game has ever sold 14 million systems. Very few people have the finances available to buy all three, most people will just buy one (or two at the most) and that one system will be bought for SEVERAL games not just one.
I meant multiple games could sell 14 mil, not just FF13.
SeriTonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-07, 08:47 PM   #35
Edge
3d animator for hire!

Quote:
A system with Blu-ray playback and backwards compatiblity with the PS1 and PS2 as well as its own exclusives which may appeal to some people more than the Xbox 360s exclusives do would be enough reason for potential purchasers. It isn't like both systems are capable of the exact same things and have the exact same games on them.

However I'm confused by the topic title...why would Nintendo's games annoy PS3 fanboys specifically? What about Xbox 360 and PC fanboys? Wouldn't it affect them the same?

Personally, Metroid Prime 3 is the only one on that list that I'm very interested in (I was pretty disappointed when it was pushed back from being a launch title). Disaster: Day of Crisis might be OK too, but with such a scarce amount of media and info on it I'm worried about it either being pushed back or not ending up being all that good.
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-07, 01:34 AM   #36
Mr_LoL
Bush's Doppleganger

I played the wii at a mates house and I am sad to say I quite enjoyed it That tennis game was quite a lot of fun. With games like Mario Kart coming out I might get one in the summer. My priority at the moment is to try and score a 20GB ps3 soon.
Core i5 2500K@ 4.5, KFA2 GTX 570, Gigabyte Z68, 8GB Corsair XMS 1600MHZ, Antec Truepower New 650w, Coolermaster Storm Sniper, 1TB Samsung F1, Yamakasi Catleap 27", Samsung 245B, Asus Xonar DG...blah blah blah
Mr_LoL is offline   Reply With Quote