Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-07, 05:31 PM   #14
UDawg
Retired spammer

Default Re: Vanguard... what an improvement

Quote:
Originally Posted by NrthnStar5
what a loser
AHAHAHAHAHA! Did I hit to close to home? It's a game. Lighten up. You fan boys are really as sad bunch of sexually oppresed lemmings.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-07, 06:18 PM   #15
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDawg
Why do you guys like EverGay? It is the dumbest idea for a game ever. Hey lets have our clients spend 4 months eveling 2 levels. When they die if they don't get back to their body in time because they were dumb enough to bind to a public place, they will loose4 levels and gear.

FRIKING BRILLIANT!

How about this. Lets show them why we call it "Ever"quest. We shall have them go to a zone 10 levels above them to kill a mob that is surrounded by mob 10 levels around them. Then if they actually do kill that mob we will give them a quest reward that is 4 levels below them. That way we will force them to spend the next 4 month leveling to finish a quest only to get a pos reward.

SOUNDS ****ING AWESOME TO ME! Screw that!

Bring on Warhammer and Age of Conan.
It's called Risk vs Reward. What EQ did so well was make tougher things well worth it, if you were afraid of dying and losing your xp/corpse then don't go deep into a dungeon or fight some uber boss. The game offered challanges for everyone, the little babies who can only play 5 hours a week ruined it when they started bitching because people who would commit time and risk their hard work for the advacement of their characters actually were rewarded.

I dislike WoW because theres real risk vs reward... death is meaningless in the game as is commitment to set a better goal and reach it. Everyone can do everything no matter how much effort they put into it... it should be like life, if you don't put the effort to get something then you don't get it.
Old 02-28-07, 06:57 PM   #16
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
It's called Risk vs Reward. What EQ did so well was make tougher things well worth it, if you were afraid of dying and losing your xp/corpse then don't go deep into a dungeon or fight some uber boss. The game offered challanges for everyone, the little babies who can only play 5 hours a week ruined it when they started bitching because people who would commit time and risk their hard work for the advacement of their characters actually were rewarded.
I understand that. I guess my humor is not as refined as Penny Arcade's
EQ just isn't my style of game. I don't like to spend a month working for a subpart quest reward. As you know most got their gear from grinding and not the quests.

Quote:
I dislike WoW because theres real risk vs reward... death is meaningless in the game as is commitment to set a better goal and reach it. Everyone can do everything no matter how much effort they put into it... it should be like life, if you don't put the effort to get something then you don't get it.
I can understand this but i disagree that it should be like life. It is a video game. I do it to relax and as a hobby. I mainly play MMOs for the social interaction with my online friends. I am willing to bet if they all switched to EQII I would also. I am fairly easy to please. But yeah it just comes down to taste. I like the game play of WoW. I like the fact that you can put in a good amount of work but it isn't mindboggling grinding bordom. It moves along and the goals are not so far above you that you just give up or you kill kittens.

Tyger talked me into buying Vanguard. I'll pick it up this evening. I'll give it another try.
Old 02-28-07, 08:26 PM   #17
NrthnStar5

Quote:
AHAHAHAHAHA! Did I hit to close to home? It's a game. Lighten up. You fan boys are really as sad bunch of sexually oppresed lemmings.
Not even close, it's the fact that your post was the most immature piece of written garbage I have seen in a post in a long time.

And you better think twice before calling someone a sexually oppressed lemming when you know absolutely nothing. I'm sorry that I'm not in high school any longer but thank GOD for that. Your comments are Ignorant
Quote:
Why do you guys like EverGay?
and Immature.

Move along, no one wants to hear your BS here.
NrthnStar5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-07, 08:30 PM   #18
|MaguS|

Don't take UDawg too seriously... hes really smart and mature about most things... well everything except politics... he is a republican.
Old 02-28-07, 10:24 PM   #19
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NrthnStar5
Not even close, it's the fact that your post was the most immature piece of written garbage I have seen in a post in a long time.

And you better think twice before calling someone a sexually oppressed lemming when you know absolutely nothing. I'm sorry that I'm not in high school any longer but thank GOD for that. Your comments are Ignorant and Immature.

Move along, no one wants to hear your BS here.
LOL! Look kids! He took me serious.

You know what your problem is? Well its two actually.

1. You are new here.

2. You have no sense of humor.

Just relax and have fun with it.

BTW my comments were not ignorant. They were spot on and every one here knows it. My guild mates who played EverQuest for 6 years laughed at how true my post was. Sure it is a exageration but that is what made it so damn funny.

Old 02-28-07, 10:24 PM   #20
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Don't take UDawg too seriously... hes really smart and mature about most things... well everything except politics... he is a republican.
HEY! I am NOT mature! I don't call you names.... much.

Old 03-01-07, 08:20 AM   #21
Sgt_Pitt

the game hasnt changed much at all since beta, the performance still sucks, its barely tolerable.

It still has lots of potential though, so im playing both eq2 and vg atm.

Mainly raid in eq2 and solo in VG.
Old 03-01-07, 10:04 AM   #22
NrthnStar5

Quote:
HEY! I am NOT mature!
That says it all in a nutshell
NrthnStar5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-07, 10:06 AM   #23
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
UDawg... hes really smart and mature

Thats a good one
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-07, 10:24 AM   #24
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Thinking about picking this up today or something... wouldn't get to play much though since I gotta work... is the CE worth much? Should I not even worry about it?
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote