Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-07, 10:44 AM   #26
UDawg
Retired spammer

Default Re: Vanguard... what an improvement

Quote:
Originally Posted by NrthnStar5
That says it all in a nutshell
Your still upset? LOL! You call me a loser for making a joke post and I am the one that is immature? My post wasn't aimed at you. Maybe you should examine your own insecurities. Well you are still a n00b here, maybe you will get it one day but until then.

Let it go... let it go....

Any way I created a necro and am still in the n00b area. With the VERY limited time I played it last night, it feels and plays exactly the same. I see no difference. The movements of the players is robotic. It does not feel natural at all. I don't know why this bugs me but it does.

The performance on my machine is still jittery. I will have mobs just pop up on me. My machine is two years old but it was a high end machine at that time. So yes I should have lower performance but it still is very bad. The engine still needs work.

I will give the game a go for this month but I gotta tell ya. The idea of running back to your corps naked after you die is stupid. I hate it when developers feel the need to punish people severly for dying. To me this is EQ with a new graphics engine.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-07, 10:53 AM   #27
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Just picked this up... I hate the way the DVDs are sitting inside this piece of crap... installing now.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-07, 11:07 AM   #28
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

What server are you guys on? Would like to get in on a server where I sort of know a few people .

Signed up just for 1 month of billing (after the free 30 days) for now... just to be sure before I take the FULL plunge of a year lol.
Old 03-01-07, 11:35 AM   #29
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

GIVE ME A SERVER RAWR!
Old 03-01-07, 11:58 AM   #30
UDawg
Retired spammer

The start up and the initial down load of over an hour is total crap. That drove me nuts. This game is such a space and resource hog.

Another thing I don't like is that it doesn't feel like you are really fighting. It doesn't feel like you are actually taking damage. These are small things but they help to give the game a better feel, rather than dry and steril like Tygerwoody. LOL!
Old 03-01-07, 12:03 PM   #31
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDawg
I will give the game a go for this month but I gotta tell ya. The idea of running back to your corps naked after you die is stupid. I hate it when developers feel the need to punish people severly for dying. To me this is EQ with a new graphics engine.
To be quite honest, i think the penalties for dieing in Vanguard are rather leniant. You do realize you don't have to go running for your corpse dont you? All you have to do is go to an alter(which is usually RIGHT BESIDE WHERE YOU SPAWN AFTER YOU DIE!) . The alter will summon your corpse to you and a very small degrade in armor durability. Isn't that the exact same way WoW works? I think the penalties for dieing in Vanguard are pretty much non-existant. If anything they need to be cranked up a notch?

EQ with a new engine? hah I wish. In vanguard you are babied ALOT more than in EQ.

The quest systems are very easy. It takes max 20 minutes to finish even the hardest of quests. Thats too long?

The mobs are very easy. Last night my lvl 14 Dread Knight(now lvl 15) took out a 2 dot lvl 19 Wyvern completely solo. He also took out a 3 dot lvl 17 completely solo. On top of all that, dread knights aren't even close to over powered. Pallies and Disciples can do even better than that!

Ability to have horses at a very low lvl, can be twinked very well with next to zero money, can teleport to nearly wherever you want, EVERY class can cast gate...... That sounds like EQ to you? Other than WoW, this is probably the easiest MMORPG I have ever played. Everything is very dumbed down imo..... still fun though.

One thing I will say, is that the graphics engine does need a little bit of work. Compared to when I was in beta(beta 2 3 and up until the release of 4) the performance has increased by ten fold. Its still not great, but they are getting there. I have a feeling alot of the problems this game is having is due to the fact it was made with the physx card in mind. I can have my graphics cranked all the way up and the FPS are nearly the same as very low. Something isn't right.. but I'm sure it will get fixed.

I'm glad you are loving the game UDawg(). I sent you my info. Hopefully I'll see you on.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-07, 12:05 PM   #32
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt
GIVE ME A SERVER RAWR!
get on the Woefeather server. That is where all us NVNews guys are. Thats where my guild is as well.

Old 03-01-07, 12:15 PM   #33
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody
To be quite honest, i think the penalties for dieing in Vanguard are rather leniant. You do realize you don't have to go running for your corpse dont you? All you have to do is go to an alter(which is usually RIGHT BESIDE WHERE YOU SPAWN AFTER YOU DIE!) . The alter will summon your corpse to you and a very small degrade in armor durability. Isn't that the exact same way WoW works? I think the penalties for dieing in Vanguard are pretty much non-existant. If anything they need to be cranked up a notch?

EQ with a new engine? hah I wish. In vanguard you are babied ALOT more than in EQ.

The quest systems are very easy. It takes max 20 minutes to finish even the hardest of quests. Thats too long?

The mobs are very easy. Last night my lvl 14 Dread Knight(now lvl 15) took out a 2 dot lvl 19 Wyvern completely solo. He also took out a 3 dot lvl 17 completely solo. On top of all that, dread knights aren't even close to over powered. Pallies and Disciples can do even better than that!

Ability to have horses at a very low lvl, can be twinked very well with next to zero money, can teleport to nearly wherever you want, EVERY class can cast gate...... That sounds like EQ to you? Other than WoW, this is probably the easiest MMORPG I have ever played. Everything is very dumbed down imo..... still fun though.

One thing I will say, is that the graphics engine does need a little bit of work. Compared to when I was in beta(beta 2 3 and up until the release of 4) the performance has increased by ten fold. Its still not great, but they are getting there. I have a feeling alot of the problems this game is having is due to the fact it was made with the physx card in mind. I can have my graphics cranked all the way up and the FPS are nearly the same as very low. Something isn't right.. but I'm sure it will get fixed.

I'm glad you are loving the game UDawg(). I sent you my info. Hopefully I'll see you on.
Don't get me wrong. I am scepitcal but I am not ruling this out. I actually really want it to work for me. I still like WoW but I want something new. Like I said, I only played for two levels. That is hardly enough time for me to make a informed decission on the game.

Now let me get this straight. You do not have to run back to your body naked to retrieve your gear? You can rez at a alter and get your gear right there with a small amount of armor degradation as in WoW?
Old 03-01-07, 12:23 PM   #34
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Now let me get this straight. You do not have to run back to your body naked to retrieve your gear? You can rez at a alter and get your gear right there with a small amount of armor degradation as in WoW?
That is correct young one. I'm quite certain that if your character ever needed to use the restroom there would be a full time Sigil employee sitting beside the toilet ready to wipe your ass when you are done.
Old 03-01-07, 12:27 PM   #35
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody
That is correct young one. I'm quite certain that if your character ever needed to use the restroom there would be a full time Sigil employee sitting beside the toilet ready to wipe your ass when you are done.
That right there changes a major part of my view on this game. The reviews I saw said that dying was still like EQ. You had to rez then run back to your body defenceless to retrieve your gear but only after lvl 7. Before level 7 there is no penalty like in WoW.
Old 03-01-07, 12:30 PM   #36
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
That right there changes a major part of my view on this game. The reviews I saw said that dying was still like EQ. You had to rez then run back to your body defenceless to retrieve your gear but only after lvl 7. Before level 7 there is no penalty like in WoW.
Now you will have a minor experience loss. I'm not sure if this changes things, but you do lose experience. However, let me stress it is VERY VERY VERY small. Right now I think I can kill 3 things and get all my experience back. For comparison.

In Vanguard if you die, it will take you about 5 minutes(if that) to make up the experience lost.

In Everquest if you died at a high lvl, it would take you about 5-7 hours to make up experience lost.

Quite a difference.