Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Home Theater A/V

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-26-07, 12:55 PM   #1
Ruined

Default NIN Beside You in Time HD DVD - 5/5 stars on Audio/Video quality!

http://hddvd.highdefdigest.com/ninei...youintime.html

That's a rare score on highdefdigest! Someone on this forum is going to be VERY happy

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 2.66GHz CPU | Intel G965WH mobo | 8GB (4x2GB) DDR2-667mhz CAS5 RAM (1066MHz FSB) | BFG GeForce 285 GTX OC 1GB | Dell E228WFP 22" DVI-HDCP LCD Monitor | 1TB Western Digital RE3 SATA2 Main Drive | 500GBx2 Western Digital RE3 SATA2 Scratch Drives in RAID0 | Western Digital RE3 1TB SATA2 Media Drive | External 2TB Western Digital MyBook Backup Drive | Adaptec eSATA 3.0gbps PCI-E interface | Sandisk External 12-in-1 Flash Card Reader | LG GGC-H20L HD DVD/BD reader, DVD writer | LG GGW-H20L HD DVD/BD reader, DVD/BD writer | Microsoft E4000 Ergonomic Keyboard | Logitech Trackman Wheel | Antec P182 ATX Case | Thermaltake ToughPower XT 850w modular PSU | KRK RP-8 Rokit Studio Monitors | Windows Vista Ultimate x64
Ruined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-07, 01:17 PM   #2
OWA

Default Re: NIN Beside You in Time HD DVD - 5/5 stars on Audio/Video quality!

I think the blu-ray and HD DVD versions are on sale this week at Best Buy also (for $16.99).
OWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-07, 01:30 PM   #3
GamerGuyX

Can't decide if I want the HD DVD or Blu-ray version...

[url="http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=35216"]Folding for Team# 35216 : NvNews + OSNN + SP[/URL]
GamerGuyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-07, 01:31 PM   #4
superklye

The HD DVD is only available online at Best Buy.

I ordered mine from Amazon with next-day shipping but I have yet to receive word it's been shipped...I was almost positive they always shipped new releases the day BEFORE they were supposed to be out, but I dunno.

I can't wait to see it. I got a rip of the audio from the DVD and it sounded really good, so I can only imagine how it'll sound in 5.1 with a gorgeous HD picture to go along with it.

Thanks for the link. I can't believe I didn't check their site first thing this morning. D'oh!
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-07, 01:31 PM   #5
superklye

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGuyX
Can't decide if I want the HD DVD or Blu-ray version...
Get both.
Old 02-26-07, 01:42 PM   #6
superklye

Quote:
Song-wise, all the expected hits are here: "Closer," "Head Like a Hole," the recent hit "Hand that Feeds" and "Hurt," which Johnny Cash so hauntingly covered a few years back. Though likely no one is buying a Nine Inch Nails concert disc for power ballads and jazzy lounge numbers, the set list does a fairly good job of balancing out the most hardcore numbers with a few slower bits, lesser-known album tracks and the "poppy" hits, like "Head Like a Hole." But the biggest risk of all is that Reznor refuses to turn the show into a hit parade, playing just about every track off the band's most recent album -- 2005's "With Teeth." It's a gambit that works, as the crowd eats up every song. Whenever Reznor does finally decide to call it quits, one thing is for sure -- he won't go out quietly.
It's funny he says that because most of the shows, even this one with the plethora of [WITH_TEETH] tracks and the somewhat rarely-played "The Big Come Down", ARE hit parades.

Terrible Lie, March of the Pigs, Closer, Head Like a Hole, Hurt, The Hand That Feeds, Only, Wish and Sin (usually) are played at EVERY show. Until this most recent European leg of the new tour, they almost never deviated. Even with the big changes, NIN shows typically are "greatest hits" shows with a few songs from the new album thrown in and MAYBE a "rare" song or two.

Meh, whatever. I'll still go and see them every time they come within 500 miles of me, but it gets kinda old to see the exact same setlist 4 nights in a row.
Old 02-26-07, 02:15 PM   #7
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
It's funny he says that because most of the shows, even this one with the plethora of [WITH_TEETH] tracks and the somewhat rarely-played "The Big Come Down", ARE hit parades.

Terrible Lie, March of the Pigs, Closer, Head Like a Hole, Hurt, The Hand That Feeds, Only, Wish and Sin (usually) are played at EVERY show. Until this most recent European leg of the new tour, they almost never deviated. Even with the big changes, NIN shows typically are "greatest hits" shows with a few songs from the new album thrown in and MAYBE a "rare" song or two.

Meh, whatever. I'll still go and see them every time they come within 500 miles of me, but it gets kinda old to see the exact same setlist 4 nights in a row.
Geez... that is quite a large radius :\.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-07, 02:17 PM   #8
OWA

Quote:
The HD DVD is only available online at Best Buy.
Don't anyone bank on this but my local Best Buy seems to carry a lot of ones that the website says online only for. So, it might be worth a call to your local BB if you're interested in it.

Old 02-26-07, 02:22 PM   #9
superklye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt
Geez... that is quite a large radius :\.
If you'd been to one of their shows, you'd understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OWA
Don't anyone bank on this but my local Best Buy seems to carry a lot of ones that the website says online only for. So, it might be worth a call to your local BB if you're interested in it.
Well, it said it in the ad, too, so I dunno.
Old 02-26-07, 02:24 PM   #10
OWA

Quote:

Oh, okay. Nevermind then. I thought it was just the website saying it and it never seems to be very accurate.
Old 02-26-07, 02:28 PM   #11
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Not really... I don't even like NIN, and concerts don't seem to be for me... I went to a Yngwie Malmsteen concert last year and while I enjoyed it some, it just wasn't worth the effort... and I friggin love Yngwie Malmsteen.

I prefer to just jam out to the CDs/DVDs in the comfort of my own home .
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-07, 01:04 PM   #12
OWA

Quote:
You were right, they only had the blu-ray version in the store although they did have a sampler for HD DVD. Anyway, picked up the blu-ray version. It's using VC-1, by the way.