Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-28-07, 02:08 PM   #37
natan

Default Re: Formula One Championship Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangSVT
I'm pretty sure rFactor with the CDTP F1 mod is more realistic than any console racer out there with the full physics on and only like traction control. On the other hand, you pretty much need a wheel for that.
you can't decently play without wheel ...
natan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-07, 02:09 PM   #38
MustangSVT
Stop looking at me

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
See im not a hardcore racing fan.. actually I hate most racing games. Very few ever grab me, one being the GT Series and the other being the early NFS games.
Not everyone is perfect.

2. Q9550 @ 3.7, ASUS P5K, Galaxy 8800GT G92, 2GB Mushkin DDR2-1066, Samsung 710N + Samsung 205BW, Audigy 2 + SB Live! 5.1 (hooked up together, really), dad's comp

3. XP-M 2500+ @ 205x11.5, Gigabyte nForce2-400, GeForce4 Ti4200, 2x512MB OCZ DDR-400 "Premier", oldie
MustangSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-07, 04:37 PM   #39
stjuart

The 2006 season is out for rfactor, not from CTDP who did 2005 season of F1 but still very good mod, also there is another F12006 mod out in late beta stage which is also very good. Again if you want a good sim that is fairly scalable than rFactor does the job. Also magus you might like the game because it has a lot of variety in the type of racing series it has. The game is pretty much mimicking GT with the number of mods that get released for it, minus GT subdued physics and lack of damage.

Again it all depends on what you like,but give it a try at least.
stjuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-07, 04:59 PM   #40
stjuart

done
Old 02-28-07, 05:08 PM   #41
stjuart

as you wish
Old 02-28-07, 05:32 PM   #42
|MaguS|

stjuart, Please remove your pics. They are unnessecary for a thread about F1 for the PS3 and in all honesty, I think the PS3 game looks better. rFactor mod shots look too fake (as in steril and flawless).
Old 02-28-07, 05:36 PM   #43
stjuart

This pic is the only one I am showing its the one i took though.
not even about comparing the two, but looks pretty close to real thing to me. Remember this is 2005 model. The one thing I dont get is what do you mean by sterile and flawless, what do you expect of any formula 1 car too look like, other than flawless regardless of any game or platform it shows up on, just curious on your thoughts about this.
Old 02-28-07, 05:53 PM   #44
|MaguS|

The grass and world look too perfect from the shots you have posted now and in the past. The track also looks so bare when compared to the PS3 game. Theres alot more background to look at sometimes. The cars in rFactor don't seem to look like they get wet or even dirt on the tires when they go off the track.

Old 02-28-07, 06:08 PM   #45
stjuart

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
The grass and world look too perfect from the shots you have posted now and in the past. The track also looks so bare when compared to the PS3 game. Theres alot more background to look at sometimes. The cars in rFactor don't seem to look like they get wet or even dirt on the tires when they go off the track.
Sadly your not the only one complaining about the lack of rain, which pissed me off when they didn't include it with the game, ill agree with you on that 100%. The tracks vary a lot, because there are hundreds of tracks, and there are tracks that far exceed any track the developer made, so thats not really a big deal. Trust me the tracks do get to look a lot better than what you have seen. On the dirt thing certain mods have implemented something that gets your windshield dirty and so on, or the skins may be a little dirty to show wear. But as of now there is no dirt that builds up, but the damage to your car is dynamic, and also the tire physics which always change during the course of the race.
There are flaw with it, but I still recommend that you give the game a try yourself with mods, not the stock content before you really give it final judgment.
Is the site running slow or is it just me?
Old 02-28-07, 06:12 PM   #46
|MaguS|

Racing games are on the bottom of my list so once I get through the games I have stocked up.
Old 02-28-07, 06:21 PM   #47
OWA

Just picked up F1 Championship Edition from Best Buy. A lot of times, the employees annoy me but this guy was pretty cool. I asked about F1 since it wasn't on the shelf and most would say to check back tomorrow even though I said the web said it was available. This guy went and actually got it off the truck for me so that was pretty nice of him.

Edit: Tried using the tilt steering and I did pretty well but I had steering assistance on so maybe that's why. Heh, learned a lesson also. Don't ignore the low fuel warnings.
OWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-07, 07:12 PM   #48
OWA

Wow, the graphics are really nice. Try a heavy rain. Between the rain and spray from the tires, I ended up having to back off (let the field get ahead of me) since it was a new track I didn't know and I kept running off the road. I couldn't see squat.
OWA is offline   Reply With Quote