Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-07, 11:28 AM   #13
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Default Re: My 360 nightmare - a story in three acts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyme
In all fairness the first screwup was by UPS and not Microsoft.
Yes and no. It was UPS' fault for not leaving a notice that they attempted to deliver the package, however Microsoft is to blame for not attempting to contact me that the console had been sent back to them.
Old 02-27-07, 12:36 PM   #14
evilchris

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
But but MS is flawless! They do no wrong... I remember how many people called BS when my X360 took almost a month to get back to me... **** happens.

Glad you got yours back... why is there an Act II? Don't tell me the repaired unit died aswell...

EDIT: Bah you and your fast typing...
No only Sony is flawless. Sony would have had the replacement in the same day, before you ever called them.
Old 02-27-07, 12:40 PM   #15
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilchris
No only Sony is flawless. Sony would have had the replacement in the same day, before you ever called them.
Ha! Your wrong... Sony comes to your house and fixes the unit infront of you...

Old 02-27-07, 12:52 PM   #16
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Ha! Your wrong... Sony comes to your house and fixes the unit infront of you...
Nooooo...Kutaragi personally delivers a replacement PS3, then he hooks you up with a guest pass to the Playboy mansion.

Incidentally, I was at Best Buy on my lunch hour today. I counted 33 unloved 60 GB PS3s on the floor.
Old 02-27-07, 01:14 PM   #17
zoomy942

Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942

actually what happens is Kutaragi takes you out to dinner to apolgize for a low quailty product, then he hands you a Wii and says "here, have some REAL FUN."
Old 02-27-07, 01:34 PM   #18
nemecb

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnotaku
Nooooo...Kutaragi personally delivers a replacement PS3, then he hooks you up with a guest pass to the Playboy mansion.
OMG! I just found a reason to buy a PS3!

Or perhaps you were being facetious. Damn fascists.

I've already got a Wii so zoomy's doesn't really do it for me either.
Old 02-27-07, 02:04 PM   #19
Lyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnotaku
Yes and no. It was UPS' fault for not leaving a notice that they attempted to deliver the package, however Microsoft is to blame for not attempting to contact me that the console had been sent back to them.
Nah, people send stuff to distribution centers all the time. If it isn't correctly marked the minions just leave it till they get time.

UPS on the other hand are supposed to:
1) leave a notice of delivery on the first attempt.
2) leave a notice of delivery on the second attempt.
3) If there is no contact from 1 or 2, then ship it back.
It's great to hate MS and all, but face it, UPS dropped the ball.
Old 02-27-07, 03:07 PM   #20
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomy942
actually what happens is Kutaragi takes you out to dinner to apolgize for a low quailty product, then he hands you a Wii and says "here, have some REAL FUN."
Yup the PS3 is such a low quality product that you read about hundreds of them breaking and displaying the red ring of death... oh wait thats another console...

BTW on the hardware end seems like we have heard more things breaking relating to the Wii then the PS3... how about them straps.

Old 02-27-07, 03:09 PM   #21
zoomy942

Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942

ive been pwned
Old 02-27-07, 03:10 PM   #22
Imbroglio
xeroyphyte

yea i just had the 3 ring of death

.... oh wait, no i didn't just like half of all the stupid internet claims. people are just being retarded now, "i'm on my ninth 360 now". this whole 360 failure thing and people claiming to go through multiple consoles is getting out of control.

not saying that they do not break, i'm saying half of these claims are people spouting out at the mouth and not real cases. if as many broke as half the people seem to claim, ms would have a serious class-action lawsuit on their hands.

i feel sorry for saturn that he has had to go through this. but what you were saying before about all the unloved ps3s, i was talking to the local BB manager about seeing how long it will take for them to get 360s manufactured after 12/13 we got talking about console sales. my local BB gets 3 ps3s every other week based on the sales drive of the product, while he typically gets between 7 and 10 360s per week. kind of had a chuckle out of that one.

HT: 360 -- Sony60A3000 -- Onkyo SR605 --> Polk cs2, monitor 60s and monitor 40s w/ Bic F12 sub -- PS3
XBL:Mr X3r0 -- PSN:Mr_X3r0

Rig- Asus P6X58D Premium - intel i7 920 @3.6 - EVGA GTX570 - Corsair HX1000 - Prolimatech Mega Shadow - WD640 - COOLER MASTER ATCS 840 - OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 1600*

Old 02-27-07, 03:18 PM   #23
Serath
Dark Mirth

Send a message via ICQ to Serath Send a message via AIM to Serath Send a message via Yahoo to Serath

All I can say is that I'm feeling it with ya. I'm on my second 360 (first one died after 2 months) and this one is now JUST past the extended 1 year warranty... What happened? Frezzes and then after a good solid run of gameplay, I turn it back on and kaput... no video. green dots and lines with perfect sound... System still works, but video is shot.
Old 02-27-07, 03:21 PM   #24
Imbroglio
xeroyphyte

if you are past your warrenty just take it apart and put some good thermal compound on the gpu and cpu. get some as5 and cleaner, apparently the thermal compound ms was using was pure crap (as if that wasn't obvious), seen a lot of people at xboxscene.com have pretty amazing results by just changing the thermal grease.

cause to me it sound like your gpu is overheating.

HT: 360 -- Sony60A3000 -- Onkyo SR605 --> Polk cs2, monitor 60s and monitor 40s w/ Bic F12 sub -- PS3
XBL:Mr X3r0 -- PSN:Mr_X3r0

Rig- Asus P6X58D Premium - intel i7 920 @3.6 - EVGA GTX570 - Corsair HX1000 - Prolimatech Mega Shadow - WD640 - COOLER MASTER ATCS 840 - OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 1600*

Closed Thread