Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-07, 04:38 PM   #37
Imbroglio
xeroyphyte

Default Re: My 360 nightmare - a story in three acts

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.N
How do you know there lying? Probably 20 people on here has said there system died on them and saturnotaku was one of those allways ragging on them until it finally happend to him. All these Nvner's are liars and working for Sony you think? No, its just the fact if you have a 360 its not a question of if your system is going to die but when.
...not here, nevermind. This is actually one of the more honest boards around, bar none. My statment was more of a generalized statment in regards to, "OMG 360 = flushing you money down the toilet"

360 = when not if, lmao

HT: 360 -- Sony60A3000 -- Onkyo SR605 --> Polk cs2, monitor 60s and monitor 40s w/ Bic F12 sub -- PS3
XBL:Mr X3r0 -- PSN:Mr_X3r0

Rig- Asus P6X58D Premium - intel i7 920 @3.6 - EVGA GTX570 - Corsair HX1000 - Prolimatech Mega Shadow - WD640 - COOLER MASTER ATCS 840 - OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 1600*

Old 02-27-07, 04:40 PM   #38
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

I think the when is largely dependent on when the system was made. The newer systems from what I have heard have been much better in the reliability department.
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
Old 02-27-07, 04:46 PM   #39
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor1182
I think the when is largely dependent on when the system was made. The newer systems from what I have heard have been much better in the reliability department.
Maybe because they haven't been around long enough to fail?

I really hope newer systems are rock solid. I really don't want to have my 360 repaired over here (in AU). Anything like this usually take 3 months.

Although so far. My 360 has frozen more than my PC has recently. Twice in Saint's Row, once in Gear of War (This was more of a long pause, it righted itself after 30secs).
Old 02-27-07, 05:17 PM   #40
Zelda_fan

I'd just like to chime in and add that you gotta love Nintendo hardware that basically never breaks.
Old 02-27-07, 05:21 PM   #41
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan
I'd just like to chime in and add that you gotta love Nintendo hardware that basically never breaks.
Except the wrist strap. Well you have to be retareded and swing it around like an ass shat (did I spell that right?) For that to happen. Oh don't forget to sue Nintendo once it happens.

It's true though. Nintendo hardware is pretty rock solid.
Old 02-27-07, 05:43 PM   #42
evilchris

Should I send my 360 to Microsoft to review why it has never failed? Bought launch day, been through 20 plus games, not the slightest glitch ever. I have it horizontal and not on the carpet.

I think a lot of people run theirs vertical on the carpet, and put the power supply on the carpet. That seems to choke the thing,
Old 02-27-07, 05:50 PM   #43
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilchris
Should I send my 360 to Microsoft to review why it has never failed? Bought launch day, been through 20 plus games, not the slightest glitch ever. I have it horizontal and not on the carpet.

I think a lot of people run theirs vertical on the carpet, and put the power supply on the carpet. That seems to choke the thing,
I have and had mine always verticle, If the system can go verticle I usually have it that way. Saves alot of room. Think the PS3 is the first console that gave me an option to go verticle and I haven't done so... looks too nice horizontal.

I think Horizontal for the most part is bad for the X360 and the PS2... both are known to have drive issues and only seen them with people who had theirs horizontal rather then vertical. My PS2 is a launch unit and it works flawlessly, but I never had it turned off nor have I had it Horizontal...

Old 02-27-07, 05:54 PM   #44
natan

console sucks anyway. you should buy a gaming PC ;-).

all sort of game , better, cheaper , and so ...

Old 02-27-07, 05:55 PM   #45
evilchris

Using an IR temperature probe, my 360 runs 10C cooler at all points horizontal. There is also no logical explanation of a HDD failure horizontal or vertical. Ever seen how HDD's are placed in enterprise servers Magus? Vertically, the same way it is when your 360 is horizontal.
Old 02-27-07, 05:55 PM   #46
evilchris

Quote:
Originally Posted by natan
console sucks anyway. you should buy a gaming PC ;-).

Gaming PC's suck. Consoles are better

Old 02-27-07, 05:59 PM   #47
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilchris
Using an IR temperature probe, my 360 runs 10C cooler at all points horizontal. There is also no logical explanation of a HDD failure horizontal or vertical. Ever seen how HDD's are placed in enterprise servers Magus? Vertically, the same way it is when your 360 is horizontal.
Yup.

BTW I was agreeing with you... shocking I know. This is becoming weird, its almost on a regular basis now... Quick go post some flame about Sony!

Old 02-27-07, 07:01 PM   #48
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.N
How do you know there lying? Probably 20 people on here has said there system died on them and saturnotaku was one of those allways ragging on them until it finally happend to him.
And one of the leaders of the console forum's numbnuts patrol chimes in, right on cue.
Closed Thread