Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-07, 07:30 PM   #49
WeReWoLf

Send a message via MSN to WeReWoLf
Default Re: My 360 nightmare - a story in three acts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger
Except the wrist strap. Well you have to be retareded and swing it around like an ass shat (did I spell that right?) For that to happen. Oh don't forget to sue Nintendo once it happens.

It's true though. Nintendo hardware is pretty rock solid.

http://www.wiihaveaproblem.com/

And all of said controllers and things still work. All of this damage and destruction caused by such a small thing!
Old 02-27-07, 08:29 PM   #50
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeReWoLf5900
http://www.wiihaveaproblem.com/

And all of said controllers and things still work. All of this damage and destruction caused by such a small thing!
My mate broke my window blind after getting to excited when playing Baseball. Nearly took out everyone else playing golf. Luckily no damage to anything expensive yet.
Old 02-27-07, 08:50 PM   #51
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
I have and had mine always verticle, If the system can go verticle I usually have it that way. Saves alot of room. Think the PS3 is the first console that gave me an option to go verticle and I haven't done so... looks too nice horizontal.

I think Horizontal for the most part is bad for the X360 and the PS2... both are known to have drive issues and only seen them with people who had theirs horizontal rather then vertical. My PS2 is a launch unit and it works flawlessly, but I never had it turned off nor have I had it Horizontal...
My PS2 is from launch, and it has never been vertical and it still runs like a beaut.
Old 02-27-07, 11:27 PM   #52
Saintster

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnotaku
Yes and no. It was UPS' fault for not leaving a notice that they attempted to deliver the package, however Microsoft is to blame for not attempting to contact me that the console had been sent back to them.
No it's the dip**** drivers fault.He's too fricken lazy to take 5 minutes to write out a delivery tag.
Old 02-27-07, 11:40 PM   #53
Toss3
.<<o>>.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilchris
Should I send my 360 to Microsoft to review why it has never failed? Bought launch day, been through 20 plus games, not the slightest glitch ever. I have it horizontal and not on the carpet.

I think a lot of people run theirs vertical on the carpet, and put the power supply on the carpet. That seems to choke the thing,
Mine's working perfectly as well.

How often do you clean your house Saturnotaku btw? I've seen some people's houses here and some are just filled with dust! And that dust is going to go straight into your xbox360 and kill it(a bit of an exaggeration here, but it would be much better for some guys' hardware if they bothered to vacuum at least every now and then)!!

Old 02-28-07, 01:17 AM   #54
kev13dd

My X360 died within 3 days of getting it... shouldn't have bought refurbished cause now I'm out the 500 dollars I spent on all accessories and games, and I don't have the cash to get it repaired. Bummer

My crash code has pretty much been tied to one simple cause; shoddy soddering. I love the X360, and I like(d?) Microsoft, but there's no denying that the crashes and wasted money is due to poor workmanship on their side that there shouldn't have been. Sigh...

I'm dissapointed that X360 does fail so much- I've hardly heard of any previous generations crashing. I have a launch original Xbox and I've carried it all over the place- friends houses, school, church, college... never had a single hitch. Was really hoping for that with the X360 too, but when I eventually get a new one (I know, I'm an idiot) I don't expect it to last 4 years like the original box

K

EDIT: Btw, I understand how people can get the notion the hard drive might run better when the box is vertical, but doesn't the disk drive do worse vertical? Is it sorta a sacrifice one for the other thing?
Maybe the guys at Shugashack should play around with their gamma correction just a little bit because most of the screenshot are so dark you can't get an idea of what this game is really going to look like
In reference to Doom 3 screenshots from 2001
Old 02-28-07, 02:18 AM   #55
natan

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilchris
Gaming PC's suck. Consoles are better

all sort of game , better, cheaper , and so ...

lAwl , i dont like FPS / Tps much .... what left on console then ?
racing ??? god i can't even plug my wheel !!!!! flightsim ??? inexistant ...
1 RPG game every 1 & half years , then what ? an attempt to port RTS game ? (C&C3 Lawl ...) Lawl LAw1 LAw1.
oldies ? paid with MS point !!! i can much more on my PC , free.

if you like TPS / FPS (casual 's one ) , go for a 360 , otherwise, choose the beast of supremacy : PC
Old 02-28-07, 02:39 AM   #56
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist

I'm on my second one, first one broke after about 3 months when the DVD drive packed in. Just stopped reading disks full stop.

I just think of this console as a consumable now. When it breaks, i'll just get another one. Not a case of IF it busts, it's a case of when.

Second console has a manufacture date of October 2006 , runs alot quieter and doesn't get as hot to the touch so here's hoping this one decides to stay alive longer.
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.

Old 02-28-07, 06:50 AM   #57
Toss3
.<<o>>.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natan
lAwl , i dont like FPS / Tps much .... what left on console then ?
racing ??? god i can't even plug my wheel !!!!! flightsim ??? inexistant ...
1 RPG game every 1 & half years , then what ? an attempt to port RTS game ? (C&C3 Lawl ...) Lawl LAw1 LAw1.
oldies ? paid with MS point !!! i can much more on my PC , free.

if you like TPS / FPS (casual 's one ) , go for a 360 , otherwise, choose the beast of supremacy : PC
Yes you can plug in your wheel as long as the game supports it. The g25 works with the ps3 for instance.

Bfme2 was also a pretty successful port of an rts game, and now that the ps3 supports mouse and keyboard the controller shouldn't be much of an issue.

And there is a lot more games coming out for the consoler than for the pc! Plus almost all of the best-selling games ever, have been on consoles - Final Fantasy. Zelda, Halo, MGS, DMC, Mario etc..
And now we're getting Half-Life 2 as well.

And about the MS point thing - it's just a matter of time until you can install Linux on it to run old game-emulators, which you already can if you have a ps3.

The consoles also give you the option of having a cheap HD-player, with the optional hd-drive for the xbox360 and not so optional BluRay for the ps3. The PC drives are still very expensive(and you need a lot of hdcp-compatible hardware).

The price point I'm not even going into as everyone already knows that consoles are cheaper than pcs.

We now also have the option of surfing the web on our consoles(sadly only available on the xbox360 through media center).

In the end consoles are the better buy for the average gamer, end of story.

Old 02-28-07, 07:48 AM   #58
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintster
No it's the dip**** drivers fault.He's too fricken lazy to take 5 minutes to write out a delivery tag.
What the hell did I just say in the post you quoted? Denser than the Great Salt Lake you are.

Quote:
How often do you clean your house Saturnotaku btw? I've seen some people's houses here and some are just filled with dust! And that dust is going to go straight into your xbox360 and kill it(a bit of an exaggeration here, but it would be much better for some guys' hardware if they bothered to vacuum at least every now and then)!!
That's completely irrelevant in this case because the replacement console was bad out of the box.

Quote:
The price point I'm not even going into as everyone already knows that consoles are cheaper than pcs.
For the price of a high-end PC, I can buy all three current consoles, none of which will be obsolete in 12 months.
Old 02-28-07, 08:19 AM   #59
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

I wasn't going to dignify him with a response... the grammar... it hurt my minds!
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
Old 02-28-07, 09:25 AM   #60
Imbroglio
xeroyphyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev13dd
My X360 died within 3 days of getting it... shouldn't have bought refurbished cause now I'm out the 500 dollars I spent on all accessories and games, and I don't have the cash to get it repaired. Bummer
where did you get it, most stores, online or B&M will honor some type of expected time frame that it should work within.

HT: 360 -- Sony60A3000 -- Onkyo SR605 --> Polk cs2, monitor 60s and monitor 40s w/ Bic F12 sub -- PS3
XBL:Mr X3r0 -- PSN:Mr_X3r0

Rig- Asus P6X58D Premium - intel i7 920 @3.6 - EVGA GTX570 - Corsair HX1000 - Prolimatech Mega Shadow - WD640 - COOLER MASTER ATCS 840 - OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 1600*

Closed Thread