Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-13-07, 12:11 PM   #133
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Default Re: Test Drive Unlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCult
Ah, I see you completed the tour of the island challenge. Great race. A piece of cake with an Enzo, though
in the beta, i did that race with my vette (not tuned) and won

came in 4 minutes before the time runned out
Old 03-13-07, 12:41 PM   #134
MowTin

I'm using Vista + 8800 GTS running 1600x1200 4xAA all maxed.

Last night I got some stuttering. Each mile I would get a stutter that lasts about as long as a blink. I figured it was because it has to keep loading an entire island. Is anyone not getting stuttering?

Also, while driving frame rates seemed good but when buying cars in the dealership or renting cars...scrolling from car to car was very choppy.

I may install this on my xp partion to see if it makes a difference.

The graphics on this game are fantastic. It's like driving in an updated version of Far Cry (Far Cry 2). Debris blown by the wind on the road, sun glare, bugs on the windshield, smoke from tires looks great. You can feel the luxury in the car interior.

First game since I bought my 8800 GTS that makes me say WOW.
MowTin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-07, 12:46 PM   #135
OWA

I get the stuttering. Most of the time it's not a big deal but occasionally it has caused me to crash (if it occurs right when I'm trying to manuever -- for example).

My framerate is really poor in the shops and stuff also.

I'm using XP and 8800s in SLI.
OWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-07, 01:23 PM   #136
MowTin

Quote:
Originally Posted by OWA
I get the stuttering. Most of the time it's not a big deal but occasionally it has caused me to crash (if it occurs right when I'm trying to manuever -- for example).

My framerate is really poor in the shops and stuff also.

I'm using XP and 8800s in SLI.
I read other people with 8800's getting the same issue. People with x1900xt's are running smooth. Great
MowTin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-07, 01:36 PM   #137
agentkay

OWA, what driver are you using? I switched back to 97.92 because the 100.87 were causing BSODs once per hour in the average. Whats your nickname in TDU? I want to open a Nvnews club later today and of course you and others are welcome.

Intel I7-920 aircooled by Prolimatech Megahalems @ 3.8Ghz (200x19) | Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R | OCZ Platinum 3x2GB DDR3-1600 RAM (7-7-7-24) @ 1600 | Gainward GTX 480 | WD Raptor 74GB + 150GB + Samsung 1TB | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair AX850 Gold | Coolermaster Stacker 830 silver | Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 | Logitech G15 keyboard | Logitech G25 Racing Wheel | Sharp LC-46 XL1E (gaming and work)
F CliffyB.
agentkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-07, 01:37 PM   #138
OWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13
stick? this is not a flight sim, no need for joystick
I prefer a joystick although nowadays this usually means the thumb-sticks on a gamepad. Well, actually, I prefer a wheel but it's just too much trouble so I rarely use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentkay
OWA, what driver are you using? I switched back to 97.92 because the 100.87 were causing BSODs once per hour in the average. Whats your nickname in TDU? I want to open an Nvnews club later today and of course you and others are welcome.
I stuck with 97.92. I think I'm OWA65. I'll double-check tonight to make sure. Yeah, a Nvnews club would be cool although I'm still very early on in the game (if that matters).
Old 03-13-07, 02:50 PM   #139
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

i will join the club later, once i get the game
Old 03-13-07, 03:00 PM   #140
Burnt_Ram

OK, thats enough! you guys are having to much fun! can't take it anymore. off to buy Digital D/L
Burnt_Ram is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-13-07, 03:22 PM   #141
Burnt_Ram

ok, NOW i'm upset seems if you live in Canada you can't buy the digital release! it only gives me Puerto Rico, and the US as options. and if i choose non US, it still wont me select canada thus canceling the transaction .. fricken bummer!!!!!!
Burnt_Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-07, 03:31 PM   #142
BliNkEr]

Send a message via ICQ to BliNkEr] Send a message via MSN to BliNkEr]

I like the game!
The cars are very nice and the graphics also.
I'm playing @ 1680x1050, medium quality. (GeForce 6800GT)
It's playable, 20-25fps...

Can't wait to get my new system this weekend, so TDU will be look much better than now.
BliNkEr] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-07, 03:46 PM   #143
OWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentkay
OWA, what driver are you using? I switched back to 97.92 because the 100.87 were causing BSODs once per hour in the average. Whats your nickname in TDU? I want to open a Nvnews club later today and of course you and others are welcome.
Okay, I double-checked. I'm owa65 in TDU. Has does online work? Do I need to get a better car (I'm currently still on the Chevy I started with) first or do they provide everyone with the same type cars in online mode?
Old 03-13-07, 04:43 PM   #144
agentkay

Quote:
Originally Posted by OWA
Okay, I double-checked. I'm owa65 in TDU. Has does online work? Do I need to get a better car (I'm currently still on the Chevy I started with) first or do they provide everyone with the same type cars in online mode?

I opened the club and successfully added slawter but Iīm telling you it was a pain in the ass. First off all, the club is open to all levels and the car you own doesnīt matter.

Here is the data:

My TDU name: agentkay1976
The club name: THE NVNEWS CLUB (all upper case letters)
Club Location: Maunalua (south/east of the island)

The process how to add members to the club:

First I need to add the members to my friendlist (opens with the "F" key), and then go inside my club>management>invite, and then send an invite to the friend in my friendlist. I canīt directly type in member names and add them (game limitation), I have to see the members in-game, add them to my friendlist, to be able to send the club invite. This is unfortunate because it makes the process slow, but anyone that is still interested, just post a time here, or via PM and then we will meet infront of the club house. It took me almost half an hour until slaWter appeared and I was able to successfully add him, so please be patient.

The process how to add a person to your friendlist:
-Press "F" key.
-Select the name you want to add with the cursors keys on the numberblock.
-Press the "6" key (or "right" key) twice to add the name.
-After that is done, I will send the club invite ASAP.
-To accept the invitation you have to read your news (at one of your houses) and answer the invite. (Thanks slaWter)

From the readme file:
Club Challenges (Intra Club and Inter Club): Once you become a member of a club, you can take part in Intra Club challenges against your own club members or Inter Club challenges against other clubs in order to go up in the Rankings.

I believe the club feature is something like a clan ladder AND an easy way to find friends and race with or against them. However, at this time its quite buggy because there are only 8 random people on the maps and it takes luck and patience until actually a race with other members is able to start. I havenīt fully figured it out yet, but I will write more once I find out.

Intel I7-920 aircooled by Prolimatech Megahalems @ 3.8Ghz (200x19) | Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R | OCZ Platinum 3x2GB DDR3-1600 RAM (7-7-7-24) @ 1600 | Gainward GTX 480 | WD Raptor 74GB + 150GB + Samsung 1TB | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair AX850 Gold | Coolermaster Stacker 830 silver | Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 | Logitech G15 keyboard | Logitech G25 Racing Wheel | Sharp LC-46 XL1E (gaming and work)
F CliffyB.
agentkay is offline   Reply With Quote