Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-13-07, 05:09 PM   #145
kevJ420
*BANNED*

Default Re: Test Drive Unlimited

2007 will be a helluva year for Eden. They're making Alone 5 as well. That's also going to be one of the biggest games of the 2007.

BTW, if you didn't like Alone 4 (I did, other than there weren't many IQ settings, but I don't know about any of you), this is in the hands of a different developer (Eden). Darkworks did Alone4. They also did Cold Fear.
kevJ420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-07, 06:56 PM   #146
OWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter
It wasn't all that straight forward as I expected it to be. At least now we know how to invite other members

To accept the invitation you have to read your news (at one of your houses) and answer the invite.
How do you read the news or better yet, I guess now would be a good time to read the manual.
OWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-07, 07:23 PM   #147
agentkay

Quote:
Originally Posted by OWA
How do you read the news or better yet, I guess now would be a good time to read the manual.
When you are in your house, click on "info" and then on "news".

Intel I7-920 aircooled by Prolimatech Megahalems @ 3.8Ghz (200x19) | Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R | OCZ Platinum 3x2GB DDR3-1600 RAM (7-7-7-24) @ 1600 | Gainward GTX 480 | WD Raptor 74GB + 150GB + Samsung 1TB | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair AX850 Gold | Coolermaster Stacker 830 silver | Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 | Logitech G15 keyboard | Logitech G25 Racing Wheel | Sharp LC-46 XL1E (gaming and work)
F CliffyB.
agentkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-07, 09:12 PM   #148
OWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentkay
When you are in your house, click on "info" and then on "news".
Yeah, I found it once I looked around at the options in the house.

I'll start-up the game now and see if I can find the place. I really don't know what I'm doing yet though.
Old 03-13-07, 09:28 PM   #149
OWA

When I'm just wandering around the island (online profile being used) am I seeing other online people or just computer driven cars? While trying to look around the SE part of the island, I was basically jumped by 3 other cars that seemed intent on crashing me. They chased me around for a while and I wasn't sure if that was the computer AI or online players.
Old 03-13-07, 09:36 PM   #150
agentkay

Quote:
Originally Posted by OWA
They chased me around for a while and I wasn't sure if that was the computer AI or online players.
There are usually no AI cars (other than traffic) when you are online. AI cars have regular first names, while most online players have quite different names, I mean just look at our names, owa65 and agentkay1976, sounds different than John, or Betty, doesn´t it? If you were successfully online and it said "TDU servers available", then I think it was actually online players that tried to be funny.

Intel I7-920 aircooled by Prolimatech Megahalems @ 3.8Ghz (200x19) | Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R | OCZ Platinum 3x2GB DDR3-1600 RAM (7-7-7-24) @ 1600 | Gainward GTX 480 | WD Raptor 74GB + 150GB + Samsung 1TB | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair AX850 Gold | Coolermaster Stacker 830 silver | Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 | Logitech G15 keyboard | Logitech G25 Racing Wheel | Sharp LC-46 XL1E (gaming and work)
F CliffyB.
Old 03-13-07, 10:10 PM   #151
OWA

I must have wandered onto their turf. They all had the same type cars, just different colors.

Anyway, I accepted the invite but have no idea how to find the club. I tried to add you to my friends list but I'm not sure if I got that right. I was trying the arrow keys and I ended up needing to use the arrow keys that are part of the keypad. So, who knows what I actually did. I was pushing lots of keys trying to get something to happen before I thought of using the numpad.

Edit: Okay, agentkay got me through the process. We raced a couple of times and I got killed. The club house stuff seems kind of buggy though. We couldn't get the chatting to work inside the club-house and that doesn't seem right. Basically, sometimes, I don't even see myself listed as being in the club-house and I've never seen anyone else (although I do see the 3 of us listed under the intra club menu section).
Old 03-14-07, 10:27 AM   #152
agentkay

Yes I do. PM me a time or just IM me when you see me.

F CliffyB.

Old 03-14-07, 11:52 AM   #153
Burnt_Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt_Ram
ok, NOW i'm upset seems if you live in Canada you can't buy the digital release! it only gives me Puerto Rico, and the US as options. and if i choose non US, it still wont me select canada thus canceling the transaction .. fricken bummer!!!!!!

Update:

seems after i sent a few emails everyone can now D/L TDU

getting it @ 1.12, will be done in 30 mins or so. see you all on the streets

must have been an oversite ...
Burnt_Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-07, 12:06 PM   #154
OWA

Congrats on getting it so that everyone could download it.
Old 03-14-07, 12:17 PM   #155
Burnt_Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by OWA
Congrats on getting it so that everyone could download it.
ya, hopefully now more people will take advantage of the early release via D/L.

Now, what do i do when i get online? look for a NVNews house or something?
Burnt_Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-07, 01:02 PM   #156
MowTin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt_Ram
ya, hopefully now more people will take advantage of the early release via D/L.
It may pay to wait for a couple of patches. For example, on bug is if you try to uninstall the game it deletes everything in your C:\ root...including boot.ini. That's quite a bug.

I'm having stuttering issues. I moved from vista to xp and for a moment I thought the stuttering was completely gone but it's not. However, it's very infrequent in xp but if it occurs at a critical moment I can crash my car. Also, in xp my framerates are much better (8800 GTS). Vista is starting to annoy me.

On a postive note I added an mp3 playlist to my radio. Totally awesome experience. Cruising around like a lunatic while blasting some gangster rap is quite a thrill.

This game has a lot of potential...I just hope the technical issues don't sink it.
MowTin is offline   Reply With Quote