Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-11-07, 04:12 PM   #601
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord
 
Tygerwoody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 8,934
Default Re: Test Drive Unlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTin
Yeah, I just bought that yesterday. Owa beat my class B untuned spider in that. I thought I must really suck because I figured class B must be faster than class C fully tuned. Nope. Even now that my class B spider is fully tuned it's still not faster than this 575 fully tuned.

I'm also going to buy the class D Massarati (sp?) GrandSport.

Now I'm ready to take on Owa again...hehe.
thats the class D car I have. I absolutely LOVE it. It ranks up there with the ferrari on being easy to drive.

Now the only cars I have left to buy are the G Class Daytona Shelby Cobra and the Ferrari Enzo. After that I'll just buy whatever looks pretty .

On the topic of that 575. Yea tell me about it. That car is way to overpowered. It beat my Stage 3 Ford GT fair and square. I could not have driven better than I was. Its just a fact that the ferrari was the better car, even though it was a class C.

We also had a race of THREE class A cars (two saleens and my K) against the Ferrari 575. Guess who won? Yep, that damn 575. Now I wouldn't call this race "fair" like I would with the Ford GT race. Most of us don't know how to properly drive A class cars yet. We were wrecking constantly. Still be that as it may, a C class Ferrari beat out A class cars fully tuned. A win is a win.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
if tygerwoody says its bad, its bad.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-07, 05:44 PM   #602
OWA
...
 
OWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Virginia
Posts: 9,481
Default Re: Test Drive Unlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTin
Yeah, I just bought that yesterday. Owa beat my class B untuned spider in that. I thought I must really suck because I figured class B must be faster than class C fully tuned. Nope. Even now that my class B spider is fully tuned it's still not faster than this 575 fully tuned.

I'm also going to buy the class D Massarati (sp?) GrandSport.

Now I'm ready to take on Owa again...hehe.
Just great. I do so much better when the cars are unbalanced and I have the faster car.
OWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-07, 05:57 PM   #603
Bman212121
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 6,726
Default Re: Test Drive Unlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by OWA
Just great. I do so much better when the cars are unbalanced and I have the faster car.
I would do so much better if the game didn't stutter like a SOB.
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-07, 06:00 PM   #604
OWA
...
 
OWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Virginia
Posts: 9,481
Default Re: Test Drive Unlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bman212121
I would do so much better if the game didn't stutter like a SOB.
That gets me as well although not quite as bad as when I first started playing. It's manageable for me as long as I stay away from the city.
OWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-07, 10:20 PM   #605
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord
 
Tygerwoody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 8,934
Default Re: Test Drive Unlimited

I'm at the point of uninstalling this piece of trash game. Nearly every race I am in something is wrong with my G25(which works 100% PERFECT in every other of the 5 racing games i own).

Now my sound all of a sudden stop working. Scratch that, the sound works. When i go to options, i get a sound every time I hover over anything, but in game there is NO sound. All my sound settings are correct. It just went away. Poof. Gone.

Every multiplayer game I am in with collisions are on, my car gets knocked over to the side of the track even if noone is around.

Cars are teleporting left and right. I'll be racing and MY car will all of a sudden teleport to a different area for no reason whatsoever.

If I'm in single player matches, cars are FLYING. Literally, flying in the sky.

I'm sure OWA and agent got tired of hearing me bitching, but this is the most frustrated I have been with a game... Ever? Yea I think ever. If anyone else was in my shoes they would be doing the same thing.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
if tygerwoody says its bad, its bad.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-07, 10:39 PM   #606
OWA
...
 
OWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Virginia
Posts: 9,481
Default Re: Test Drive Unlimited

Well, I came out on the losing end, the majority of the time, once again tonight. Several (slaWter, agentkay, Tygerwoody, MowTin, and Aphot) were racing tonight and that definitely makes things interesting.

Tygerwoody, I sometimes lose sound. It always comes back when I go to the menu, map, or whatever though. It won't come back until I do that though. Thankfully, it has only happened a few times.
OWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-07, 11:20 PM   #607
agentkay
Registered User
 
agentkay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Europe
Posts: 3,866
Default Re: Test Drive Unlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody
Every multiplayer game I am in with collisions are on, my car gets knocked over to the side of the track even if noone is around.

Cars are teleporting left and right. I'll be racing and MY car will all of a sudden teleport to a different area for no reason whatsoever.

If I'm in single player matches, cars are FLYING. Literally, flying in the sky.

I'm sure OWA and agent got tired of hearing me bitching, but this is the most frustrated I have been with a game... Ever? Yea I think ever. If anyone else was in my shoes they would be doing the same thing.
I have a G25 and it works nicely but the problem is when you manually shift and clutch, you have to switch between the H-shifter and wheel paddles depending what what kind of shifter the car has.

Cars are teleporting here as well but it doesnt really start until 150-200 yards distance. The game does have network issues because its not okay to get "knocked out" while the other guy actually looks around and tries to avoid any unfair contacts. Next time I wonīt host since my connection is rather crappy and maybe thats why the network issues were stronger for you?

Iīve had a different problem earlier tonight, I got stuck at the "saving, please wait" screen when I wanted to exit the house and I couldnīt do anything else than a cold-boot. After 10 times I was ready to bite into my G25 but then Iīve changed the controls back to default and changed the house and it worked again. Strange bug.
__________________

Intel I7-920 aircooled by Prolimatech Megahalems @ 3.8Ghz (200x19) | Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R | OCZ Platinum 3x2GB DDR3-1600 RAM (7-7-7-24) @ 1600 | Gainward GTX 480 | WD Raptor 74GB + 150GB + Samsung 1TB | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair AX850 Gold | Coolermaster Stacker 830 silver | Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 | Logitech G15 keyboard | Logitech G25 Racing Wheel | Sharp LC-46 XL1E (gaming and work)
F CliffyB.
agentkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-07, 01:41 AM   #608
Bman212121
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 6,726
Default Re: Test Drive Unlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by OWA
Well, I came out on the losing end, the majority of the time, once again tonight. Several (slaWter, agentkay, Tygerwoody, MowTin, and Aphot) were racing tonight and that definitely makes things interesting.

Tygerwoody, I sometimes lose sound. It always comes back when I go to the menu, map, or whatever though. It won't come back until I do that though. Thankfully, it has only happened a few times.
I think I've only lost sound once, and I just switched from the game to the map, then back, and the sound came back. The only real problem I have is the stuttering of the card, there are a few sync issues with traffic, but that is not a huge concern.
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-12-07, 06:31 AM   #609
OWA
...
 
OWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Virginia
Posts: 9,481
Default Re: Test Drive Unlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bman212121
I think I've only lost sound once, and I just switched from the game to the map, then back, and the sound came back. The only real problem I have is the stuttering of the card, there are a few sync issues with traffic, but that is not a huge concern.
My stuttering was really bad last night but I'm hoping it's b/c I had updated my graphics driver earlier that day.
OWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-07, 10:57 AM   #610
jdspinna
Dad
 
jdspinna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 137
Send a message via AIM to jdspinna Send a message via Skype™ to jdspinna
Question Re: Test Drive Unlimited

I had a really wierd bug a couple days ago. I just left the house in one of my cars and saw a couple other players driving around right in front of the house with some older model cars. Just when I started to accelerate, all of the sudden, I was pulling out of the garage again. This time it was in a car I didn't even own. It was actually one of the online players cars that I saw in front of the house. It let me drive the car until I went into a race then switched back to the car I originally selected.
__________________
Gaming enthusiast.

Shall we play a game?
XBL = INdescript
PSN = INdescript
jdspinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-07, 07:30 PM   #611
blurp
Registered User
 
blurp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 47
Default Re: Test Drive Unlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdspinna
I had a really wierd bug a couple days ago. I just left the house in one of my cars and saw a couple other players driving around right in front of the house with some older model cars. Just when I started to accelerate, all of the sudden, I was pulling out of the garage again. This time it was in a car I didn't even own. It was actually one of the online players cars that I saw in front of the house. It let me drive the car until I went into a race then switched back to the car I originally selected.
Wow! Stop doin' drugs pal.

Kidding
__________________
Q6600 @ 3.6 GHz (1.5125v Bios) (1.39 windows)
Thermalright 120 Ultra Extreme
Gigatybe P35 DS3R v2
BFG GTX 280 OC
Patriot Extreme PC6400 4-4-4-12
Seagate 500 GB 7200.10 SATA
Corsair 620W
Antec Nine Hundred
blurp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-07, 07:37 PM   #612
MowTin
 
MowTin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,205
Default Re: Test Drive Unlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdspinna
I had a really wierd bug a couple days ago. I just left the house in one of my cars and saw a couple other players driving around right in front of the house with some older model cars. Just when I started to accelerate, all of the sudden, I was pulling out of the garage again. This time it was in a car I didn't even own. It was actually one of the online players cars that I saw in front of the house. It let me drive the car until I went into a race then switched back to the car I originally selected.
The answer is simple.

Subconsciously you wanted those classic cars so badly you convinced yourself you were driving one yourself.

This is known as a psychotic episode

This happened to me once too. I was making love to my wife while watching "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" then poof my wife turned into Angelina Jolie
MowTin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
German ISP claims to deliver 4.7Gbps download speed in field test News Archived News Items 0 06-01-12 05:50 AM
Google gets license to test drive autonomous cars on Nevada roads News Archived News Items 0 05-07-12 05:40 PM
New Western Digital drive performance Nemesis General Hardware 6 08-15-02 07:29 AM
cdrw drive died cricket General Hardware 2 08-13-02 09:23 PM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Đ1998 - 2014, nV News.