Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-21-07, 01:45 AM   #721
Bman212121
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 6,726
Default Re: Test Drive Unlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy sung
Yea ive seen it too,where the host takes off during the countdown ,also seen people doing it when their connection to the server has been ****,they sorta go all over the place like a fly on acid and can be behind you and then like 300 feet infront.

Bman212121:
Thanks for the driverlinks,ive tried those earlier and they didnt work,ive searched a lot but sofar no luck.The wheel i have is getting old now and if the new pad doesnt do the trick(ill get it mid-next week) ill buy a new one.

Ran into Agent last night,and his db 9 smoked my v8 vantage quite considerably,couldnt keep up with his exitspeed I'm loosing sound quite often now,did that a few times when hosting races last night ,just a loud pop and everything is silent.Was kinda awkward trying to start,didnt have the engine started and failed to notice

I desperatly need analog throttle/brake ,as it is i can keep up with the fast bike guys when im on a bike but not the faster of the car drivers.Oldmangamer that was on my host when you were there Agent is very fast but he has a g25 like you ,seems like thats the way to go to be really fast with the cars.
Nope not me, I'm a poor guy, I bought the Logitech Driving Force Pro wheel instead. It was only $90 at target. Actually I only bought the DFP because I've never had a wheel before, and didn't want to drop 3x the price into something I wouldn't use.

Stinks that you can't find any working drivers for it, but as with all hardware it is going to become outdated. Hopefully if you get the new pad it will be a lot easier to drive some of the more exotic cars. What really funny is that Kay is using the clutch and gearbox, and he can do it all and still be competitive. I only use the paddle shifters, and sometimes I can forget that I need to change gears.
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-07, 09:46 AM   #722
Sazar
Sayonara !!!
 
Sazar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 9,297
Default Re: Test Drive Unlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentkay
Honestly the club rocks. All of the guys in the Nvnews club are cool guys and its very fun to race with them. Unlike the average unknown Joe you can actually race with them with collisions on, and if accidents happen they let you catch up again. They all enjoy close, neck-by-neck races and you can trust them that they don´t use cheats which spoils the fun. If the clubs weren´t as buggy as they are, and the network code a little more reliable, it would be even more fun, but I for one can still say that the club feature is one of the best features of the game.
How the heck do I get into online play?

I got my Momo wheel yesterday. Will grab my new hdd and stick a zalman cooler on my video card later today as well and be ready to rock n roll with you big boys

I am still just starting off the game, only about 15% done but it would be interesting checking out how I stack up with my el-crappo car lol.

Who do I have to **** to get into said NvNews club
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-07, 10:21 AM   #723
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chicagoland, once a year in Poland
Posts: 24,366
Default Re: Test Drive Unlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bman212121
Nope not me, I'm a poor guy, I bought the Logitech Driving Force Pro wheel instead. It was only $90 at target. Actually I only bought the DFP because I've never had a wheel before, and didn't want to drop 3x the price into something I wouldn't use.

Stinks that you can't find any working drivers for it, but as with all hardware it is going to become outdated. Hopefully if you get the new pad it will be a lot easier to drive some of the more exotic cars. What really funny is that Kay is using the clutch and gearbox, and he can do it all and still be competitive. I only use the paddle shifters, and sometimes I can forget that I need to change gears.
this will work

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/do...ftwareid=13455

logitech 5.0
__________________
Windows 8 the next big failure, right after Windows ME
nekrosoft13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-07, 10:28 AM   #724
Sazar
Sayonara !!!
 
Sazar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 9,297
Default Re: Test Drive Unlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bman212121
Nope not me, I'm a poor guy, I bought the Logitech Driving Force Pro wheel instead. It was only $90 at target. Actually I only bought the DFP because I've never had a wheel before, and didn't want to drop 3x the price into something I wouldn't use.

Stinks that you can't find any working drivers for it, but as with all hardware it is going to become outdated. Hopefully if you get the new pad it will be a lot easier to drive some of the more exotic cars. What really funny is that Kay is using the clutch and gearbox, and he can do it all and still be competitive. I only use the paddle shifters, and sometimes I can forget that I need to change gears.
Now I REALLY want to play him.

I have been pretty decent with my keyboard/mouse combo and there is a learning curve going to a wheel/pedals BUT I think after I get my settings going, I should perhaps be able to finish only half a mile behind kay rather than 4 or 5 on a long track

Btw, is there a way to set a button to snap to reverse on the Momo? I do not have a 6 speed plus reverse shifter (unfortunately) so I would like to map a button on the wheel to the reverse but unfortunately even though it accepts my setting, it doesn't work

Boo.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-07, 11:32 AM   #725
OWA
...
 
OWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Virginia
Posts: 9,481
Default Re: Test Drive Unlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar
How the heck do I get into online play?

I got my Momo wheel yesterday. Will grab my new hdd and stick a zalman cooler on my video card later today as well and be ready to rock n roll with you big boys

I am still just starting off the game, only about 15% done but it would be interesting checking out how I stack up with my el-crappo car lol.

Who do I have to **** to get into said NvNews club
Ask agentkay. If the club is full, we can start another nvnews club. Apparently you can have races between the clubs. It would be nice if everyone would join one since I usually have the filter to show only people in clubs just to make it easier to find people.
OWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-07, 12:57 PM   #726
Bman212121
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 6,726
Default Re: Test Drive Unlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13
Heh, sorry Nekro... I should have seperated those paragraphs better because they were two completely different thoughts. One was telling Sammy Sung that I like my DFP,the other was telling him that it stinks there are not any drivers for his Ferarri Wheel.
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-07, 01:00 PM   #727
OWA
...
 
OWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Virginia
Posts: 9,481
Default Re: Test Drive Unlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bman212121
Heh, sorry Nekro... I should have seperated those paragraphs better because they were two completely different thoughts. One was telling Sammy Sung that I like my DFP,the other was telling him that it stinks there are not any drivers for his Ferarri Wheel.
Did you order the DFP online or find it locally. I thought that might be my next step also but I haven't been able to find one locally. I may try to trade some stuff for a G25 but I doubt people are going to be willing to part with a G25.
OWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-07, 01:02 PM   #728
Bman212121
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 6,726
Default Re: Test Drive Unlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar
Now I REALLY want to play him.

I have been pretty decent with my keyboard/mouse combo and there is a learning curve going to a wheel/pedals BUT I think after I get my settings going, I should perhaps be able to finish only half a mile behind kay rather than 4 or 5 on a long track

Btw, is there a way to set a button to snap to reverse on the Momo? I do not have a 6 speed plus reverse shifter (unfortunately) so I would like to map a button on the wheel to the reverse but unfortunately even though it accepts my setting, it doesn't work

Boo.
If you are using a manual trans you might be able to get it to work. I hate the way the auto trans handles reverse. That is why I use the paddle shifters, then you just have to hit down to get to reverse. There is still a pause there because of the games clutching, but it isn't as bad as with an auto trans.

The reverse button probably only works if you enable the H-gate setting on the last tab (whatever that one is called). But if you do that, I'm not sure if you can still use the paddle shifter to shift.
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-21-07, 01:09 PM   #729
Bman212121
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 6,726
Default Re: Test Drive Unlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by OWA
Did you order the DFP online or find it locally. I thought that might be my next step also but I haven't been able to find one locally. I may try to trade some stuff for a G25 but I doubt people are going to be willing to part with a G25.
I bought it off their website and had it shipped. There isn't any place near me either that carries any wheels, so it didn't really matter which one I wanted, I'd have to order it online anyway.

Now that I've gotten use to the DFP, I don't think I would like the G25 as much because it only has 2 buttons on the wheel. There are so many functions that I have mapped to the wheel that it would be hard to play without them. Other than that though, I'm sure the G25 rocks because it has better pedals, the 6 speed shifter, and clutch. If logitech makes a newer wheel with more buttons (And probably PS3 compatibile, aka when GT5 comes out) I'll probably pick it up then.
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-07, 03:44 PM   #730
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chicagoland, once a year in Poland
Posts: 24,366
Default Re: Test Drive Unlimited

did anyone tried this on PC??
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x...el/default.htm

i like the idea of it being wireless (just the ac adapter)
__________________
Windows 8 the next big failure, right after Windows ME
nekrosoft13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-07, 10:36 PM   #731
balex99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Cove, Texas
Posts: 214
Default Re: Test Drive Unlimited

Can anyone tell me where the tune up shop for the Keonigsegg is? Been driving aroung the dealership on the different roads and have not found it yet.

Thanks.

Oh, and have yall started a second club yet? I think its time for me to join.
__________________
"If you show up for a fair fight, you are not prepared!" --U.S. Marine Sniper School Instructor


I7-930@3.8ghz/Swiftech H20-220 Compact(CPU only)/Asus P6T/3x2gb Corsair DDR3 1600/Galaxy 470@stock(for now)/Corsair TX850/Samsung & LiteOn Sata DVDRW /Lian Li V2000B PlusII/Windows 7 64bit/Samsung 24" 245BW
balex99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-07, 11:12 PM   #732
OWA
...
 
OWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Virginia
Posts: 9,481
Default Re: Test Drive Unlimited

SE part of the island. It's really close to the Nvnews club. See screenshot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TestDriveUnlimited TunerShop.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	137.6 KB
ID:	25217  
OWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
German ISP claims to deliver 4.7Gbps download speed in field test News Archived News Items 0 06-01-12 05:50 AM
Google gets license to test drive autonomous cars on Nevada roads News Archived News Items 0 05-07-12 05:40 PM
New Western Digital drive performance Nemesis General Hardware 6 08-15-02 07:29 AM
cdrw drive died cricket General Hardware 2 08-13-02 09:23 PM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2014, nV News.