Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-08-07, 08:42 PM   #85
MowTin

Default Re: Test Drive Unlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeboy
Nice game. I like that kind of car games.
Made an ingame footage of maxed out graphics with one of my favorite cars in this game.

http://rapidshare.com/files/19904675...eanor.avi.html
Looks AMAZING but I saw you crash into a car that was right in front of you. Are you using a wheel or controller?

If it's a wheel does the wheel jerk around like a game controller?
MowTin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-07, 08:57 AM   #86
OWA

Wow, got the e-mail apologizing for the digital version yesterday and received the boxed copy this morning. They sent it next day air!
OWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-07, 09:01 AM   #87
christos

Really? I'm working from home today, I will now have to keep an eye out as my doorbell is not working.
christos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-07, 09:04 AM   #88
christos

I just checked my door. My copy arrived too, but I missed the delivery. I'll have to wait now until like 7:00 pm to pick it up from the shipping center.
Old 03-09-07, 09:12 AM   #89
OWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by christos
Really? I'm working from home today, I will now have to keep an eye out as my doorbell is not working.
Yeah, they woke me up but it was a nice surprise. I thought for sure it would take a week or more.
Old 03-09-07, 09:28 AM   #90
OWA

Hmm, what to do. I guess I'll just uinstall the digital version.
Old 03-09-07, 09:32 AM   #91
christos

Can you please let me know if the stuttering and first mission bug are all fixed after uninstalling your downloaded version and installing the new version they sent us?

Thanks.
Old 03-09-07, 09:39 AM   #92
OWA

Sure thing.

Old 03-09-07, 09:59 AM   #93
OWA

Definitely is working now. I just completed the first challenge and that's a lot further along than I could get with the other version. If by stuttering you mean the hitching type thing that agentkay described in his post, I still get that. When going into certain areas, it definitely still hitches for briefly.

Edit: I still can't seem to login to my gamespy account but it could be something I'm doing wrong. I don't usually even test online play so I'm not sure if I'm missing something or not.
Old 03-09-07, 10:36 AM   #94
agentkay

Quote:
Originally Posted by OWA
Definitely is working now. I just completed the first challenge and that's a lot further along than I could get with the other version. If by stuttering you mean the hitching type thing that agentkay described in his post, I still get that. When going into certain areas, it definitely still hitches for briefly.
Im downloading the new driver (100.87) and will report back if the hitching is gone. BTW, we should really start a Nvnews club.

Intel I7-920 aircooled by Prolimatech Megahalems @ 3.8Ghz (200x19) | Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R | OCZ Platinum 3x2GB DDR3-1600 RAM (7-7-7-24) @ 1600 | Gainward GTX 480 | WD Raptor 74GB + 150GB + Samsung 1TB | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair AX850 Gold | Coolermaster Stacker 830 silver | Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 | Logitech G15 keyboard | Logitech G25 Racing Wheel | Sharp LC-46 XL1E (gaming and work)
F CliffyB.
agentkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-07, 10:55 AM   #95
OWA

If I can ever get online. I can login fine to my gamespy account through a web browser but can't get it to work in game. It also tells me that no TDU servers are available.

Did you have to enter the CD/DVD key at some point? With the digital download, I had to enter the key but after uninstalling that and installing the boxed copy, it has never prompted me for that info.
Old 03-09-07, 11:06 AM   #96
agentkay

Quote:
Originally Posted by OWA
If I can ever get online. I can login fine to my gamespy account through a web browser but can't get it to work in game. It also tells me that no TDU servers are available.

Did you have to enter the CD/DVD key at some point? With the digital download, I had to enter the key but after uninstalling that and installing the boxed copy, it has never prompted me for that info.

Yes, I had to enter the CD key right at the first start of the game, it interrupted the intro video which starts with the brake disc.

I also had the problem that no TDU servers were available but then I found out that I wasnt properly logged in and that my login name was taken. I simply changed the login name, but entered the same email address and password that I use for my gamespy/ign/fileplanet/3dgamers account (apparently they are all connected) and voila, it worked.

Unless the US version is using a different master server (which might be down) I really dont know what the problem is or could it possibly be that the ports that TDU needs are closed?

Intel I7-920 aircooled by Prolimatech Megahalems @ 3.8Ghz (200x19) | Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R | OCZ Platinum 3x2GB DDR3-1600 RAM (7-7-7-24) @ 1600 | Gainward GTX 480 | WD Raptor 74GB + 150GB + Samsung 1TB | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair AX850 Gold | Coolermaster Stacker 830 silver | Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 | Logitech G15 keyboard | Logitech G25 Racing Wheel | Sharp LC-46 XL1E (gaming and work)
F CliffyB.
agentkay is offline   Reply With Quote