Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-09-07, 01:11 PM   #97
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Default Re: Test Drive Unlimited

let me get this right, they have the boxed copies of the game all ready, but they will delay the release till march 22nd or so?

those bastards
Old 03-09-07, 01:34 PM   #98
OWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentkay
Yes, I had to enter the CD key right at the first start of the game, it interrupted the intro video which starts with the brake disc.

I also had the problem that no TDU servers were available but then I found out that I wasnīt properly logged in and that my login name was taken. I simply changed the login name, but entered the same email address and password that I use for my gamespy/ign/fileplanet/3dgamers account (apparently they are all connected) and voila, it worked.

Unless the US version is using a different master server (which might be down) I really donīt know what the problem is or could it possibly be that the ports that TDU needs are closed?
You're a genius! That did it. I just changed the username I was using and used the same e-mail and password. That worked like a charm. Thanks for the tip.
OWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-07, 01:58 PM   #99
sammy sung

I enjoy this game a lot,had to start over though since i played offline at first.The multiplayer races sofar has been not so good,seems like the small stops and hickups are slightly worse then and at speeds over 180mph they land you in more trouble than you can handle at times There's a huge german population playing on the server i get connected to and sadly they type in german between every race,would be easier if they tried english as i dont speak german at all.

Getting competetive wont be easy,just won one multiplayer race sofar.A lot of players have played 24/7 since the release by the looks of it as you face stage 3 tuned enzos and saleen s7 twin turbos a lot of the times,my stage 3 tuned gallardo is no match for that,it cant even compete with other stage 3 group b cars like the ferrari 430 and dodge viper in terms of acceleration or topspeed.Well i'm still having fun though,just got a koenigsegg and with a stage 3 tune on that things will hopefully change
Old 03-09-07, 02:21 PM   #100
agentkay

Quote:
Originally Posted by OWA
You're a genius! That did it. I just changed the username I was using and used the same e-mail and password. That worked like a charm. Thanks for the tip.
Youīre welcome. Unfortuntely the 100.87 driver didnīt remove the hitching, maybe they got slighly less but not by a lot. I also think the performance hit of TA-SS is a little higher than with the 97.92 drivers. The only positive is that there are actually profiles for the testdriveunlimited.exe (and arma.exe - Armed Assault), so "maybe" both games work better with SLI with the new drivers.

Intel I7-920 aircooled by Prolimatech Megahalems @ 3.8Ghz (200x19) | Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R | OCZ Platinum 3x2GB DDR3-1600 RAM (7-7-7-24) @ 1600 | Gainward GTX 480 | WD Raptor 74GB + 150GB + Samsung 1TB | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair AX850 Gold | Coolermaster Stacker 830 silver | Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 | Logitech G15 keyboard | Logitech G25 Racing Wheel | Sharp LC-46 XL1E (gaming and work)
F CliffyB.
agentkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-07, 02:22 PM   #101
MowTin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy sung
I enjoy this game a lot,had to start over though since i played offline at first.
Are you using a wheel?

I'm really getting excited about this game. I just want to know if the wheel support is good.

Is it like Live for Speed except you can dive anywhere you want on Oahu and buy cool cars and race with other players on the island?

I love LFS but sometimes I just want to drive around for fun instead of going round and round a race track.
MowTin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-07, 02:46 PM   #102
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTin
Are you using a wheel?

I'm really getting excited about this game. I just want to know if the wheel support is good.

Is it like Live for Speed except you can dive anywhere you want on Oahu and buy cool cars and race with other players on the island?

I love LFS but sometimes I just want to drive around for fun instead of going round and round a race track.
The wheel support is ok, but NOTHING like LFS. LFS is a realistic car sim, TDU is merely an arcade game with real cars. TDU is ok, but kind of boring if you are big into car sims like me. The graphics are top notch though
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-07, 04:02 PM   #103
sammy sung

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTin
Are you using a wheel?

I'm not using a wheel ,i'm using a analog gamepad and yes you can drive anywhere,anyplace.
Old 03-09-07, 05:04 PM   #104
OWA

Except in the bushes. After an accident I was afraid of getting a ticket so I pulled into someone's home. I was going to drive in the backyard to hide but I got stuck in the middle of the bushes (couldn't go forward or backward).

Old 03-09-07, 05:23 PM   #105
ASUSEN7900GTX

hehe me too got stuck on something my car is in th eair no wheels touching the ground so there i am no way to get loose at all so i donīt know what to do

well well
Asus P6t deluxe V2

"be to others as you want others to be against you"
some wiseass came up with it
ASUSEN7900GTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-07, 05:24 PM   #106
sammy sung

Quote:
Originally Posted by OWA
Except in the bushes. After an accident I was afraid of getting a ticket so I pulled into someone's home. I was going to drive in the backyard to hide but I got stuck in the middle of the bushes (couldn't go forward or backward).
Press b (default) to return to the road
Old 03-09-07, 06:24 PM   #107
OWA

Ah, thanks for the tip. I almost got stuck again when trying to drive up to the waterfall. I slid back down the dirt road and was stuck for a while but eventually I got out. Using "b" is much easier though.

Edit: Digital download version is apparently fixed. Just got the e-mail on that. I think I'm going to just stick with the boxed copy for now though since I've already made progress in the game with that version.
Old 03-09-07, 09:55 PM   #108
Burnt_Ram

@ OWA,
you wouldn't happen to have a link for the digital D/L would you?

i checked the link posted back on P2, but i can't seem to find anything releated to the digital distribution.
Burnt_Ram is offline   Reply With Quote