Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-09-07, 11:16 AM   #13
UDawg
Retired spammer

Default Re: Double Experience Weekend on Vanguard... Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody
There are plenty of quests after 20....
No, the xp from the quests goes down to force you to grind.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-07, 06:50 PM   #14
Xion X2

Why would you invest enough time to get to level 20 and suddenly quit? That's stupid.

Just invest that time into some other MMO that you'll continue playing so all of that won't be a waste.

Vanguard is about much more than fighting. The crafting/harvesting aspects of the game, along with the diplomacy, add quite a bit of depth to the gameplay. If I get tired of grinding/questing, then I'll head over to a crafting station for a while and work on my artificing or head out into a forest and chop down some trees.

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-07, 01:46 AM   #15
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion X2
Why would you invest enough time to get to level 20 and suddenly quit? That's stupid.

Just invest that time into some other MMO that you'll continue playing so all of that won't be a waste.

Vanguard is about much more than fighting. The crafting/harvesting aspects of the game, along with the diplomacy, add quite a bit of depth to the gameplay. If I get tired of grinding/questing, then I'll head over to a crafting station for a while and work on my artificing or head out into a forest and chop down some trees.
Stupid in your opinion. I dont' want to grind to 50. This wasn't a waste of time. I was playing vanguard while my guild mates in WoW leveled up to 70 so we can do the 25 man instances. There isn't anything stupid about it.
Old 03-10-07, 06:24 AM   #16
Xion X2

Actually, it is stupid.

And that's "in my opinion," obviously. We're not taking a survey here.

Lighten up, Udawg. If you're going to bash this game at every turn like you've been doing for the past week or two, then learn to take some criticism of your own. You strike me as the type that just likes to stir up ^#%! for whatever reason. It's getting old real quick.

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Old 03-10-07, 11:22 AM   #17
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion X2
Actually, it is stupid.

And that's "in my opinion," obviously. We're not taking a survey here.

Lighten up, Udawg. If you're going to bash this game at every turn like you've been doing for the past week or two, then learn to take some criticism of your own. You strike me as the type that just likes to stir up ^#%! for whatever reason. It's getting old real quick.
Who the HELL are you? Whe cares if I bash the game. It is none of your friking business. Why you feel you have to defend a FRIKING GAMES is insane. If I want to play the game for a month or a week it has NO BEARING ON YOU! Get over it and you self.

Yes you are right it is your opinion and I didn't ask for it. If I want to bash the game over and over till the end of time who the hell cares? IT IS A GAME. If you like it then play it that is fine by me. I find the game fun but it has many aspect I don't like about the game. That is why I am going to get some enjoyment out of the game but not invest a large amount of time.

Now you listen up. I talk about the thing in the game I don't like. You how ever talk about my opinions on the game and make value judgments on that. WTF I THAT! You are not talking about the game. You are talking about me.

BTW my biggest criticizm about the game was performance AND YOU AGREED WITH ME. Get off you frikin high horse and don't worry about what I like, don't like, play and don't play. My main game is WoW. I like playing it. Vanguard was a game that was fun but not enough to pull me away from WoW. When I quit the game I will give my account to a buddy who would like the game. Until then go **** your self. I'm tired of little piss-ant fan bois like your self who get their panties in a wad because someone does not like what they like. I debate all day long in the Politics Forum. THis here isn't a debate. It is what I like and don't like. Now give it a friking rest. You are bugging the **** out of me.
Old 03-10-07, 02:56 PM   #18
pkirby11

Send a message via AIM to pkirby11

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDawg
I don't read them because I just want to play. IMO, geeks read that crap.

BTW, after level 20 it is all grinding because the dip****s that play this game want it to be all grinding like EQ. Well I will be playing up to lvl 20 then my happy arss will be going back to WoW.
I hate to break it to you but WOW is just a grind fest too. Yes, it's quest based grinding but the quest just have you killing mobs. How is this any different? To be honest I played Vanguard up until my 30 days and I loved it, what turned me off is the old style death penalty crap, I mean why should I have to corpse run and suffer XP loss just because I died. Stuff happens, no one can stay alive and never die in an MMO and to punish people for it is stupid.

Back to my point, there isn't an MMO out there that I've found that isn't a grind fest. I've played almost all the popular ones and even some of the less popular ones and there all the same. WOW isn't any better, WOW: BC is just more of the same boring crap that WOW eventually leads up too. Go kill this mob for this item and get XP. No different then going out and just grinding the monsters, the quests in WOW serve no purpose, hell no one even reads the quest text except for the information about were to go and what to kill.

I don't care that you don't like Vanguard, in the end I ended up hating it my self, of course for different reasons. How ever I get tired of the mentality that WOW is so great. It's Diablo 2 with a subscription fee, you grind and grind to get the next best item so you can go and kill more ****! WOW's graphics are dated and old, they've not added anything in the way of new mid-level content and they barely have added anything besides the BC contents. You have limited classes to choose from and talents are worthless because everyone had a specific best build and guilds won't take you unless you're usefull in raids.

Right now the one I'm most excited about is AOC: Hyborian Adventures, that game looks to have some great ideas. Interesting classes, an interesting world and best of all it actually looks like it has some story other than kill these boars because they look funny. Again, don't really care about wether you should or shouldn't like Vanguard, this really was just a rant because I'm tired of the mindless WOW zombies. The game isn't that great, it's fun because of the same reason Diablo was fun but don't act like WOW is any less of a grind fest.

PSN: pkirby11
pkirby11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-07, 03:11 PM   #19
nrdstrm

Quote:
Who the HELL are you? Whe cares if I bash the game. It is none of your friking business. Why you feel you have to defend a FRIKING GAMES is insane. If I want to play the game for a month or a week it has NO BEARING ON YOU! Get over it and you self.

Yes you are right it is your opinion and I didn't ask for it. If I want to bash the game over and over till the end of time who the hell cares? IT IS A GAME. If you like it then play it that is fine by me. I find the game fun but it has many aspect I don't like about the game. That is why I am going to get some enjoyment out of the game but not invest a large amount of time.

Now you listen up. I talk about the thing in the game I don't like. You how ever talk about my opinions on the game and make value judgments on that. WTF I THAT! You are not talking about the game. You are talking about me.

BTW my biggest criticizm about the game was performance AND YOU AGREED WITH ME. Get off you frikin high horse and don't worry about what I like, don't like, play and don't play. My main game is WoW. I like playing it. Vanguard was a game that was fun but not enough to pull me away from WoW. When I quit the game I will give my account to a buddy who would like the game. Until then go **** your self. I'm tired of little piss-ant fan bois like your self who get their panties in a wad because someone does not like what they like. I debate all day long in the Politics Forum. THis here isn't a debate. It is what I like and don't like. Now give it a friking rest. You are bugging the **** out of me.
**Sigh**

I think what his problem is, Udawg, is that you are coming to a thread where people are talking about specific things to do with a game, yet you find the need to come in and bash it. It does, in fact, bother me a bit as well.

That said, While I love the game, most of your points are valid wich is why I have not responded to your posts. The problems you descirbe do not always sway people though, like myself. The game is very playable and very enjoyable for me. Anyway, the reason I decided to respond now is it seems like this is getting personal, and both of you need to settle down a bit and hug...LOL

On Any Given Sunday!
nrdstrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-07, 05:37 PM   #20
nV`andrew
Akrynym

Send a message via AIM to nV`andrew Send a message via MSN to nV`andrew Send a message via Skype™ to nV`andrew

on other news. i got to level 17. yay. lol. been playing all day
nV`andrew is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-10-07, 05:41 PM   #21
nrdstrm

I'm currently 22 (made that on Thursday). I have to work today, so I'll start doublexping tonight. I should be on all night and most of tomorrow and I'll be trying to hit 25. If anyone wants to group...hit me up in game (Corbijn)...

On Any Given Sunday!
nrdstrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-07, 06:02 PM   #22
nV`andrew
Akrynym

Send a message via AIM to nV`andrew Send a message via MSN to nV`andrew Send a message via Skype™ to nV`andrew

ah im on woefeather. ive been doin caves of noztgah near the beacons SW of Khal but ive finished them so i need something new to do. There's ToD, which im assuming standes for Temple of Dailuk. what do u do there? any other good ways to get fast exp at my level? the caves worked very well for a while
nV`andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-07, 06:10 PM   #23
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrdstrm
**Sigh**

I think what his problem is, Udawg, is that you are coming to a thread where people are talking about specific things to do with a game, yet you find the need to come in and bash it. It does, in fact, bother me a bit as well.

That said, While I love the game, most of your points are valid wich is why I have not responded to your posts. The problems you descirbe do not always sway people though, like myself. The game is very playable and very enjoyable for me. Anyway, the reason I decided to respond now is it seems like this is getting personal, and both of you need to settle down a bit and hug...LOL
I'm not trying to sway anyone. I'm making fun of the bad part of the game. What annoys me is people get so caught up in a game that they feel they need to defend it, especially a person who has only played one MMO before.

He doesn't even need to respond to my posts.
Old 03-10-07, 08:27 PM   #24
Xion X2

Quote:
Yes you are right it is your opinion and I didn't ask for it.
And we didn't ask you for yours, either. It's a message board, sparky, and everyone has a right to voice their own.

This isn't communism.

Quote:
UDawg, put your kindergarten-level-temper-tantrums and ADD aside for a moment and go back and read again. I brought up the crafting and harvesting aspects of Vanguard in response to your opinion that the game was nothing but a "grindfest." Those are obvious game-related arguments and have nothing to do with "value judgments," so don't go off acting like that's all I based my arguments on.

Did you fail out of your high school English class?

Quote:
Until then go **** your self.
Nice, kid. Grow the hell up. You act like a six year old. And it's not just my patience that's wearing thin with you and your immature elitist attitude; see nrdstrm's last comment. Even your sidekick Tygerwoody has disagreed with you on this thread.

Quote:
I'm tired of little piss-ant fan bois like your self who get their panties in a wad because someone does not like what they like.
I'm not a fanboy, otherwise I would be defending Vanguard at every turn and never admitting anything was wrong with it. The fact that I've done so publically and in discussion with you personally shows that you don't have a clue as to what you're talking about. What I am is an individual that has little patience for guys like you that love to run your mouth on and on about something and then get defensive when someone shows up with an alternate opinion. You've now done it twice on two different Vanguard threads very recently. And in both cases you've done it misquoting me with an over-defensive reaction.

It's not your opinions that I have a problem with. As you said yourself, I've even agreed with you on a few of them. It's your attitude and the way that you present them to everyone else. You basically hop into a thread kicking and screaming and stomping your feet like an infant about why you don't like something instead of presenting your opinions in an intelligible and respectful manner. Six-year-old jargon, in other words. You need to realize that there are people who are going to disagree with you, and you should conduct yourself in a manner that lends a certain amount of respect for those people and their opinions.

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz