Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-10-07, 08:06 PM   #25
Xion X2

Default Re: Double Experience Weekend on Vanguard... Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by nV`andrew
There's ToD, which im assuming standes for Temple of Dailuk. what do u do there?
Get your (#@! kicked, unless you're at a high level with a strong group.

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-07, 10:30 PM   #26
nV`andrew
Akrynym

Send a message via AIM to nV`andrew Send a message via MSN to nV`andrew Send a message via Skype™ to nV`andrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion X2
Get your (#@! kicked, unless you're at a high level with a strong group.

haha well i went as level 17 (18 now) and did fine for the most part until dailuk came out and we got raped lol
nV`andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-07, 07:44 AM   #27
Xion X2

Yeah. Lots of 4-dot beasties up there that'll rip you a new one. But if you get a good group of 4-5 together of different classes with some good healers, you're set.

I plan on heading back over there when I've leveled up enough. I started over recently with a Cleric instead of the Sorcerer I was playing as before. Like him much better because he's not so one-dimensional.

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Old 03-11-07, 10:58 AM   #28
nV`andrew
Akrynym

Send a message via AIM to nV`andrew Send a message via MSN to nV`andrew Send a message via Skype™ to nV`andrew

Quote:
Yeah. Lots of 4-dot beasties up there that'll rip you a new one. But if you get a good group of 4-5 together of different classes with some good healers, you're set.

I plan on heading back over there when I've leveled up enough. I started over recently with a Cleric instead of the Sorcerer I was playing as before. Like him much better because he's not so one-dimensional.

yeah im going to make a new character today. sorceror is cool and ive done a lot of damage but the aggro is hard to control and all the spells are just too similar.

im thinking of making a dk or a healer. of course ill probably end up being the same class as you...what race are you picking (jk ).
Old 03-11-07, 10:39 PM   #29
Xion X2

Ahah. I'm a dark elf again.. just a cleric this time. I like him pretty good because he's multi-dimensional and the combat gets less boring. With the sorcerer, it was always cast-cast-cast and it nearly put me to sleep sometimes. And like you said, all the spells were so alike. With the cleric, I can cast, heal, buff, or melee. He's good at all 4 of them.

Cleric is also popular for grouping because he heals and buffs. I've had a lot of random people just come up to me wanting to add me to their friends list because of that.

I wasn't sure how much I would like playing a char who can heal, but now that I've seen how important he really is to some of these group quests it's kind of cool. Without a healer in your group, you really don't stand a chance in most of the mid-level group questing.

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Old 03-11-07, 10:59 PM   #30
nV`andrew
Akrynym

Quote:
Ahah. I'm a dark elf again.. just a cleric this time. I like him pretty good because he's multi-dimensional and the combat gets less boring. With the sorcerer, it was always cast-cast-cast and it nearly put me to sleep sometimes. And like you said, all the spells were so alike. With the cleric, I can cast, heal, buff, or melee. He's good at all 4 of them.

Cleric is also popular for grouping because he heals and buffs. I've had a lot of random people just come up to me wanting to add me to their friends list because of that.

I wasn't sure how much I would like playing a char who can heal, but now that I've seen how important he really is to some of these group quests it's kind of cool. Without a healer in your group, you really don't stand a chance in most of the mid-level group questing.
agreed. and i made one. i shall make every character you make, ever, and im going to make my pc just like yours... im a qailithari though, however u spell it. it pisses me off though because random other-race npc's attack me. but cleric is.....SO MUCH FUN. and with heal i can fight a lot of things at once even without AoE's. and you are right, groups are so grateful for us. currently in ToD and CiS groups, everyone is like where the fck are the healers? they seem uncommon recently. wish i started yesterday though cuz then id be in caves of noztgah by now enjoying double xp weekend and leveling quick. im near the beacon of hafeez if u ever wanna play. got to lvl 10 today, almost 11. Andrewxp is the name
Old 03-11-07, 11:09 PM   #31
Xion X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nV`andrew
agreed. and i made one. i shall make every character you make, ever, and im going to make my pc just like yours...
Well, someone once told me that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so I will take that as a major compliment.

Quote:
im a qailithari though, however u spell it. it pisses me off though because random other-race npc's attack me.
Yeah, that pisses me off, too. From what I've heard, that has more to do with faction than anything else. I haven't quite mastered that part of the game yet, but your diplomacy skill might come into play there? If you type /showfactions you can see which factions you should stay away from that are hostile. And if you click on the actual character instead of just looking to see if they're red, sometimes they will show up red after you click on them when they weren't red before.

Just another one of those nice Vanguard bugs.

Quote:
im near the beacon of hafeez if u ever wanna play. got to lvl 10 today, almost 11. Andrewxp is the name
I would, I'm actually on a different server now w/ my cleric. I'm playing on Thunderaxe. But maybe we can team up sometime w/ my Sorc who's still on Woefeather. Just send me a PM sometime if there's a quest you need help with and I'll respond asap.

Well I should go play it some and try to take advantage of this double Xp thing. I've barely played it this weekend so far.

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Old 03-12-07, 10:31 AM   #32
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
And we didn't ask you for yours, either. It's a message board, sparky, and everyone has a right to voice their own.

This isn't communism.

UDawg, put your kindergarten-level-temper-tantrums and ADD aside for a moment and go back and read again. I brought up the crafting and harvesting aspects of Vanguard in response to your opinion that the game was nothing but a "grindfest." Those are obvious game-related arguments and have nothing to do with "value judgments," so don't go off acting like that's all I based my arguments on.

Did you fail out of your high school English class?

Nice, kid. Grow the hell up. You act like a six year old. And it's not just my patience that's wearing thin with you and your immature elitist attitude; see nrdstrm's last comment. Even your sidekick Tygerwoody has disagreed with you on this thread.

I'm not a fanboy, otherwise I would be defending Vanguard at every turn and never admitting anything was wrong with it. The fact that I've done so publically and in discussion with you personally shows that you don't have a clue as to what you're talking about. What I am is an individual that has little patience for guys like you that love to run your mouth on and on about something and then get defensive when someone shows up with an alternate opinion. You've now done it twice on two different Vanguard threads very recently. And in both cases you've done it misquoting me with an over-defensive reaction.

It's not your opinions that I have a problem with. As you said yourself, I've even agreed with you on a few of them. It's your attitude and the way that you present them to everyone else. You basically hop into a thread kicking and screaming and stomping your feet like an infant about why you don't like something instead of presenting your opinions in an intelligible and respectful manner. Six-year-old jargon, in other words. You need to realize that there are people who are going to disagree with you, and you should conduct yourself in a manner that lends a certain amount of respect for those people and their opinions.
Here is the thing, you keep crying about what I say. You keep crying about my attitude. You are not my dad so quit crying. I lashed out at you because you are pathetic. You can't handle the fact that someone does not like your game. Get used to it.

I don't care what you have brought up. The game is crap. I had fun for a while but I will go back to a good game that is finished, WoW.

Please, don't tell me how to act and post. If people such as your self could quit your crying over someone not liking what you like, I wouldn't flame your pathetic ass. And save the "kid" comment. Most likely I am much older than you. I flame stupidity and you displayed by constantly crying about my atittude. No body cares if your pathients is growing thin. Don't reply to my posts. If you hadn't been such a ignorant fool about MMOs to begin with you would know that only EQ hold outs will like this game. The rest of the gaming population don't like mindless grinding and quests that give little xp after 20. They also don't like dept xp or death penaltie. Oh and I had to CALL Sony to cancel my subscription because their cancel page was borked online.

So have fun with your game and I'll have fun with mine but don't pull this "I don't like your attitude crap". The "I'm more mature" garbage is also old. You became petty when you kept crying about my posts in every single thread. Don't like my posts, don't respond to them or better yet don't read them. Now go cry to a mod.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-12-07, 02:37 PM   #33
Xion X2

I didn't "cry" about anything. If you'll open your eyes, on this very thread and in others in this forum I have pointed out some glaring flaws in Vanguard. I have never claimed it was perfect, nor have I ever chastised anyone for not liking it. I can completely understand why someone might NOT like it; as I've said before a hundred times already it is FILLED with bugs. So, once again your petty claims about me getting offended that you don't like the game are nothing but stupendous bulls&#^!

You're in denial. Not only do you refuse to see the comments I've made about Vanguard's flaws which are written here in black and white, you also act like a childish, immature little brat and are called out on it by more than myself on this very thread--including one of your apparent tag-team MMO buds--and yet you ignore that and go on acting like I'm the one with the problem. Whatever.

On a side note: Why is it that individuals with the word "Dawg" in their usernames turn out to be immature, rude *(!@&! 99.9% of the time? Anyone know?

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Old 03-12-07, 02:49 PM   #34
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:

I didn't "cry" about anything. If you'll open your eyes, on this very thread and in others in this forum I have pointed out some glaring flaws in Vanguard. I have never claimed it was perfect, nor have I ever chastised anyone for not liking it. I can completely understand why someone might NOT like it; as I've said before a hundred times already it is FILLED with bugs. So, once again your petty claims about me getting offended that you don't like the game are nothing but stupendous bulls&#^!

You're in denial. Not only do you refuse to see the comments I've made about Vanguard's flaws which are written here in black and white, you also act like a childish, immature little brat and are called out on it by more than myself on this very thread--including one of your apparent tag-team MMO buds--and yet you ignore that and go on acting like I'm the one with the problem. Whatever.

On a side note: Why is it that individuals with the word "Dawg" in their usernames turn out to be immature *(!@&! 99.9% of the time? Anyone know?
Pay no attention to UDawg... he likes WoW... so... I see why he is angry all of the time.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-07, 02:56 PM   #35
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:

On a side note: Why is it that individuals with the word "Dawg" in their usernames turn out to be immature, rude *(!@&! 99.9% of the time? Anyone know?
Because it is genetic.

You don't get it. I don't care if you agree or disagree with me wrt to the flaws in the game. I got annoyed when you started to say what I was going to do was stupid. You were more concerned with my attitude towards the game and what I was going to do and less interested in the points I made at that point. We already had the points of the game settle. Then you had to pop back in again. That is when I got pissed. Now you want to claim the high road and call me immature? LOL! I purposefully flamed you out of annoyance from your petty last few posts.

BTW who cares what Tyger thinks. None of my posts were about him. They were about your crying.

again, go cry to a mod.

I've said all I've wanted to say here.
Old 03-12-07, 02:57 PM   #36
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt
Pay no attention to UDawg... he likes WoW... so... I see why he is angry all of the time.
LOL! Have you been rolled by a pally? Of course I'm mad.