mega ultra God Tit Lord

Default Re: Double Experience Weekend on Vanguard... Again

fight fight fight fight fight

Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-07, 01:24 PM   #50
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

So Vanguard sucks, huh? Man, I'm glad I play WoW!

CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-07, 01:56 PM   #51
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09

Trouble maker.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-07, 02:12 PM   #52
nrdstrm

Quote:

Wow has 2 modes. Wich one are you playing? Easy mode, or Super Easy Mode?

On Any Given Sunday!
nrdstrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-07, 02:40 PM   #53
Xav
Professional NV Lurker

Nah..it's the 3rd mode! Super Easy We Almost Play It For You Mode

System II: C2D E8400 || Gigabyte GA-EP35 || 2GB Gskill DDR2 1066 || XFX GTX 260 Black Edition || Audigy 2 || Corsair TX650 || Klipsch PM 2.1 || Gateway 2185W LCD

Consoles: 360/PS3
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-07, 02:45 PM   #54
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrdstrm
Vanguard has two modes, grinding and canceling your account. Which mode are you playing? I'm kidding. LOL!

LOL! What is wrong with the game being easier and more fun? I play games to have fun. There is a reason why nobody plays Vanguard. Once people found out that a MMO could be fun and not a insane grind fest like EQ they flocked to it. This is why WoW is such a hit.

Vanguard is fun to a point but it really is one dimensional. If you like the EQ style of MMOs then Vanguard is fantastic. I happen to not like that style.
Old 03-13-07, 02:46 PM   #55
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav
Nah..it's the 3rd mode! Super Easy We Almost Play It For You Mode
The 3rd mode would be Pally or Druids. LOL! They have a "I win, roll the credits" button.
Old 03-13-07, 03:15 PM   #56
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Nothing easy about heroic Arcatraz, I'll tell you that much. LOL. I was just trying to stir up trouble, chillax.

Seriously though I would love to try out Vanguard but I keep getting scared off by all the issues people are talking about. I'll happily try it out if a trial is offered but I'm not willing to buy the game to find it's not my style. Plus my guild is running Karazhan frequently and I don't have time for another MMO. I must admit I have to laugh at people who call WoW easy though - say that once you've finished all the Heroic mode instances or the BC raid content. Nothing easy about it at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UDawg
The 3rd mode would be Pally or Druids. LOL! They have a "I win, roll the credits" button.
Where have you been? Druids are officially the deadest dead class evar, they're so nerfed they can't even solo VC at level 70. Don't you read the forums?
Quote:
Once people found out that a MMO could be fun and not a insane grind fest like EQ they flocked to it. This is why WoW is such a hit.
The problem is that people don't realize that while the leveling process is far shorter and more enjoyable, the endgame becomes an insane grindfest by itself. All there is to do is grind mats for consumables, instances for marginal gear improvements, or honor/arena points for PVP gear. But once you've played it for as long as we have...its grip is too strong...

I'm going to be keeping an eye on Vanguard though because it seems like it has a lot of potential.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410

Old 03-13-07, 03:27 PM   #57
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Nothing easy about heroic Arcatraz, I'll tell you that much. LOL. I was just trying to stir up trouble, chillax.

Seriously though I would love to try out Vanguard but I keep getting scared off by all the issues people are talking about. I'll happily try it out if a trial is offered but I'm not willing to buy the game to find it's not my style. Plus my guild is running Karazhan frequently and I don't have time for another MMO. I must admit I have to laugh at people who call WoW easy though - say that once you've finished all the Heroic mode instances or the BC raid content. Nothing easy about it at all.
Quote:
Where have you been? Druids are officially the deadest dead class evar, they're so nerfed they can't even solo VC at level 70. Don't you read the forums?
LOL! I keep laughing every time I read this. LMAO! Ok, I am a rogue and every time I see a druid, I run the other way. They will chew me up, spit me out, teabag me and rub their bear butt up and down on my undead rogue arss. LOL! They are not to be messed with. Every time I hear a druid cry abou being nerfed from 450 to 400, I laugh hard then tell them to play a rogue.

Oh guess what the number one arena team is? That's right, a team made up of only mages. Polly morph and focus fire on one target. It takes no skill for them and no one can touch them. YOu want to talk about over powered? LOL! Here are the classes that are over powered in the exact order. Pallies, Druids and mages.

Any way Vanguard has potential to be a great game but it won't. It wont because the playing community likes the game the way it is. They like non-instanced dungeons, grinding and deat penalites. Their reason is that it makes it "realistic". LOL! I've never killed a goblin on my way to work. LOL
Old 03-13-07, 03:44 PM   #58
nrdstrm

Quote:
Vanguard has two modes, grinding and canceling your account. Which mode are you playing? I'm kidding. LOL!

LOL! What is wrong with the game being easier and more fun? I play games to have fun. There is a reason why nobody plays Vanguard. Once people found out that a MMO could be fun and not a insane grind fest like EQ they flocked to it. This is why WoW is such a hit.
Vanguard is fun to a point but it really is one dimensional. If you like the EQ style of MMOs then Vanguard is fantastic. I happen to not like that style.
There is nothing wrong with it...It's just not for me...Easy doesn't equate fun for me. I prefer something more challenging...Like I've said time and time again, all those millions playing WOW must like it alot, I just happen not too. BTW, WOW isn't as big of a hit because it's not a grind fest, it's a hit because it is a "Warcraft" game. If you would have slapped that name on EQ2, changed the graphics to cartoon, and dumbed it down a bit, it would have beena hit too...

Quote:
Haha...I'm chill, hence the smiley!!! I just felt like a little WOW bashing after all this Vanguard bashing...Heh...It DID make ME feel better...ROFL!!!

On Any Given Sunday!
nrdstrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-07, 03:58 PM   #59
Xion X2

Quote:
There is a reason why nobody plays Vanguard. Once people found out that a MMO could be fun and not a insane grind fest like EQ they flocked to it. This is why WoW is such a hit.
Give me a break. Vanguard has been out for what? A month? Do you think that might be why "nobody plays [it]" in comparison to WoW which has been out for like 2 1/2 years now?

Quote:
Vanguard is fun to a point but it really is one dimensional.
One-dimensional according to what? Could you never get into the crafting, diplomacy, or harvesting aspects of the game?

And before you get your panties all in a wad, I'm not just trying to argue with you and you're not hurting my feelings about Vanguard. But the things that come out of your mouth just make no sense.

You can say you have to grind too much on Vanguard. Fine. But the game is not one-dimensional; it has many different paths of gameplay that you can take for endless hours.

Maybe it's "one-dimensional" compared to WoW.. I wouldn't know. I sat down and played WoW for about an hour and a half and never could get over how crappy the graphics were. I know a lot of people like it and so it's probably a great game, but if I'm going to spend hundreds and hundreds of hours playing something then it has to at least look decent.

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-07, 03:59 PM   #60
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Haha...I'm chill, hence the smiley!!! I just felt like a little WOW bashing after all this Vanguard bashing...Heh...It DID make ME feel better...ROFL!!!
Yeah I likes me a good bashing. I don't have anything to bash at the moment though. Maybe I should reinstall City of Heroes and see if that's still as boring as it was when I got it...
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410