Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Home Theater A/V

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-21-07, 04:29 AM   #1
1337_Like_ThaT
O.U.T.L.A.W.

Default Yay! March 27th is almost here for BluRay Owners

March of the Penguins Documentary and Relentess Enemies (also for HD DVD), and Incubus 'Alive at Red Rocks' are coming out 3/27 I've been waiting for these titles for some time now, especially Relentess Enemies, National Georgraphic specials look astonishing on broadcast HD, could only imagine how they are on BluRay

Gaming Rig
Inte Core 2 Duo 6700 @ 3.2ghz | EVGA nForce 680i | G.Skill DDR2 800mhz 4-4-4-12 @ 2.0v | Western Digital RaptorX 150GB | Western Digital 500GB SATA II | EVGA 8800GTS 512MB | Plextor PX-716SA DVD-RW | Plextor PX-755SA DVD-RW DL | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610 | Antec 900 BLK | Dell FPW 2005 20.1" WS | IceMat 2nd. Ed. MousePad | Logitech G15 | Logitech G9 |

160GB (60GB) PS3 Owner | DS3 Controllers | PSN: Res215dg
PSP 3000 Black + 16GB Memory Stick Duo *Locked and Ready for Resistance Retribution*
1337_Like_ThaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-07, 08:04 AM   #2
superklye

Default Re: Yay! March 27th is almost here for BluRay Owners

I thought March of the Penguins was a Pixar animation (and every time I see/hear it, I think of the NIN song "March of the Pigs" )?
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-07, 08:15 AM   #3
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
I thought March of the Penguins was a Pixar animation (and every time I see/hear it, I think of the NIN song "March of the Pigs" )?
March of the Penguins is Warner I think?

EDIT: Wait I am thinking of Happy Feet.. no idea about March of the Penguins.. I think 1337 may have meant Happy Feet though?
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-07, 09:49 AM   #4
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Incubus is coming out on BR? ARGHH!!!!! That's it, that's the last straw with HD-DVD. I'm selling my player for money on an engagement ring, but if I wasn't, I'd sell it just because of that. BR has 10x better titles than HD-DVD and it pisses me off. Guess the most expensive format is going to win . . .
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-07, 09:55 AM   #5
superklye

Old 03-21-07, 11:55 AM   #6
GamerGuyX

Quote:
What if NIN: Beside You in Time was exclusive to Blu-ray...

[url="http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=35216"]Folding for Team# 35216 : NvNews + OSNN + SP[/URL]
GamerGuyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-07, 12:04 PM   #7
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGuyX
For reals . . . I was hoping HD-DVD would pick up on the lame titles and get a good Incubus concert. But then I also knew that they were contracted by Sony . . . so go figure.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-07, 12:19 PM   #8
superklye

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGuyX
I assume you mean besides the standard DVD release (since I can't imagine anyone releasing something without an SD DVD counterpart) in which case I'd be watching an upcoverted SD DVD.

And if you meant JUST a BD, I guess I'd have to wait for a ripped XviD version to show up on Demonoid.

I'm not going to sell either of my HD DVD players and then spend $800+ on a BD player for a single title.

Old 03-21-07, 12:49 PM   #9
OWA

Quote:
spend $800+ on a BD player for a single title.
Just $499 or $599 for the PS3 and it's regarded as one of the better blu-ray players. Still, a lot to pay for a single title though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337_Like_ThaT
March of the Penguins Documentary and Relentess Enemies (also for HD DVD), and Incubus 'Alive at Red Rocks' are coming out 3/27 I've been waiting for these titles for some time now, especially Relentess Enemies, National Georgraphic specials look astonishing on broadcast HD, could only imagine how they are on BluRay
Yeah, I hope the March of the Penguins turns out well. I have the DVD version of it and like it. I'll have to read up on the Relentless Enemies though since I'm not very familiar with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt
I think 1337 may have meant Happy Feet though?
Maybe so but March of the Penguins is pretty good if you haven't seen it. You might want to rent it though since it definitely won't appeal to everyone.
OWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-07, 01:23 PM   #10
superklye

Quote:
Originally Posted by OWA
Just $499 or $599 for the PS3 and it's regarded as one of the better blu-ray players. Still, a lot to pay for a single title though.
There is nothing that could get me to buy a PS3 and if I WAS in the market for a BD player, a video game console would be my last choice as a primary player.
Old 03-21-07, 01:32 PM   #11
1337_Like_ThaT
O.U.T.L.A.W.

I knew when buying a PS3 one of my primary purposes for it was for BluRay use because I was in love with sooo many titles exclusive for BluRay already. I would hate being at BestBuy standing looking at the HD DVD titles trying to search for at least one title that is worth picking up, when I would look over at BluRay shelves and easily sees title after title I would want.

Happy Feet is also releasing on the 27th of March in addition to March of the Penguins. It is a Warner Bros. 'Independent Film' as it is still a National Geographic special and produced by NG. I would assume since it is a part of Warner Bros it will be available for HD also but I do not see it on the look and sound of perfect site as upcoming releases...

Gaming Rig
Inte Core 2 Duo 6700 @ 3.2ghz | EVGA nForce 680i | G.Skill DDR2 800mhz 4-4-4-12 @ 2.0v | Western Digital RaptorX 150GB | Western Digital 500GB SATA II | EVGA 8800GTS 512MB | Plextor PX-716SA DVD-RW | Plextor PX-755SA DVD-RW DL | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610 | Antec 900 BLK | Dell FPW 2005 20.1" WS | IceMat 2nd. Ed. MousePad | Logitech G15 | Logitech G9 |

160GB (60GB) PS3 Owner | DS3 Controllers | PSN: Res215dg
PSP 3000 Black + 16GB Memory Stick Duo *Locked and Ready for Resistance Retribution*
1337_Like_ThaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-07, 01:32 PM   #12
evilchris

Quote:
There is nothing that could get me to buy a PS3 and if I WAS in the market for a BD player, a video game console would be my last choice as a primary player.
I can't imagine a piece of "HT equipment" not having IR or RF. Your only choice to control the player is with a gamepad or a bluetooth remote? lol