Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-07-03, 02:54 PM   #1
dmr

Cool Linux and plasma screens

I got a new plasma screen, it's an NEC 50MP2. I have a matrox G450 Card right now that I'm trying to get to work with the plasma. I can get it to work with limited success. I have to "stretch" the screen in order to get the plasma to display full screen. This isn't good enough for me.. I want to be able have the exact display of 852x480, which would actually be 848x480, on the plasma.

I've tried modeline generators and the like.. including the powerdesk software which all result in the same thing.. gotta stretch.

Will an nvidia card do the trick for me? You know how graphics looked when they're stretched......

Mike
dmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-03, 03:28 PM   #2
volt

Since this isn't Matrox support forum, you will be better of asking here:

http://forum.matrox.com/cgi-bin/mgaforum/Ultimate.cgi

AFAIK you won't have problems with linux drivers and NVIDIA VGA board
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-03, 03:39 PM   #3
dmr

I didn't intend on it being a matrox support forum. I just wanted to CLARIFY what I was doing with the exact steps that I took.

Which nvidia card do you suggest I buy? I really need this to happen, and I have about 2 days to get developed software to work with the plasma display. IF you're sure that I won't have any problems having this display correctly.. I'll buy one this hour!

Mike
dmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-03, 03:46 PM   #4
volt

It looked like you were seeking help, that's why I pointed you to the other forum

No I'm not 100% positive it will work as expected. No one can be 100% certain it will work because there are too many factors to it. Depending on your budget I'm suggesting a Ti4200 or FX 5600.
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
volt is offline   Reply With Quote