Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-29-07, 02:33 PM   #1237
methimpikehoses

Default Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Feedback Thread

Sorry to get off the graphics debate, but I just got into the underground courtesy of Mole and I'm getting owned by that first monster thing every time. Or, I kill it and then the soldiers come out and get me while I try to heal with sausages and energy drinks. I keep running out of automatic ammo and the shotgun does not seem to be very effective. This is only on STALKER diff. ! What am I missing here?
Old 04-29-07, 02:51 PM   #1238
Rytr
SuperMod

If you can't notice a difference without HDR that's OK but I sure can. I like frame rates above 40 in this game as it plays smooth overall. Around 30 can be playable but at times you can experience some problems especially with aiming. Anything over 60 does not seem to be needed as headshots are doable.
Rytr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-07, 03:08 PM   #1239
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by methimpikehoses
Sorry to get off the graphics debate, but I just got into the underground courtesy of Mole and I'm getting owned by that first monster thing every time. Or, I kill it and then the soldiers come out and get me while I try to heal with sausages and energy drinks. I keep running out of automatic ammo and the shotgun does not seem to be very effective. This is only on STALKER diff. ! What am I missing here?
He's easy. Make sure your fully loaded, just stand still. He will run up clawing at you..just stand there and empty a clip into his head.

Duck back into the tunnel to prepare for the soldiers.

I also went back and skulked around the base to fully load ammo, bandages etc before going in. The soldiers are easy to avoid and you can stock up pretty full.
Old 04-29-07, 06:34 PM   #1240
g-a-m-e
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by methimpikehoses
2 shots with the shotgun should be enough to kill that bloodsucker. BUT, you really should buy the LONG barreled shotgun at the first trader... It's only 1000 credits.

As for the soldiers, hand-grenades are quite effective.

But, if you get out of there, i urge you to buy a decent auto rifle. The crap you find is utterly useless and makes for frustrating gameplay.

You can buy a modified trs-300 (or something) at the first trader, it is perfect for headshots and still fairly cheap (12.000 or someting) and will get you through untill you have enough money to buy the F-2000 and as much bullets and tube-nades for it as you can carry.

Then you are set and you will be f*cked with no more (carefull with the grenade-tube though, or you'll be owning yourself )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1sPcT6B_JY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kytgd2bT5wI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLxr00jR88o

I made these only to demonstrate to various whiners that the weapons actually are quite accurate and painfull.

Some reviews even said "altough there is money in the game it's useless cause you find everything you need on the bodies of your enemies" .

Then, 10 seconds later that noob reviewer starts whining about how frustrating the shooting is because "the weapons are just way too inaccurate" while you see his inventory with 7 pistols and 4 of the same literally worst sub machine guns in the game. What an idiot.

Watch these dumbass make a review :

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.p...pe=wmv&pl=game
g-a-m-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-07, 06:45 PM   #1241
$n][pErMan
III%

Send a message via AIM to $n][pErMan

Guns suck at first... but once you get into the game and start getting some of the secret stashes (or even just going through the dead soldiers) you get some nice free weapons Also the scopes you pick up help big time.
Intel® Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 @ 3.51GHz (390 x 9 / 1.39v) | ASUS P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP LGA 775 Intel P965 (1236 BIOS) | OCZ GOLD 8GB (2GB x 4) DDR2 PC2-8500 Dual Channel (4-4-4-12 780Mhz/1.95V 1:1 Ratio) | EVGA GeForce GTX 770 DUAL SuperClocked 4GB (Currently @ 1240MHz Core / 7112MHz Memory) | Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS | Zalman CNPS9700 LED Ultra Quiet CPU Cooler | Samsung SSD 840 Series 256GB | ASUS ProArt 24in Widescreen LED 1920 x 1200 | Samsung DVD-RW-DL 18x Burner w/ lightscribe| SILVERSTONE OP650 ATX12V / EPS12V 650W Power Supply | AOpen 5.1 Surround sound system | Windows 7 Pro x64
100% Orthos Stable!
$n][pErMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-07, 06:51 PM   #1242
methimpikehoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-a-m-e
2 shots with the shotgun should be enough to kill that bloodsucker. BUT, you really should buy the LONG barreled shotgun at the first trader... It's only 1000 credits.

As for the soldiers, hand-grenades are quite effective.

But, if you get out of there, i urge you to buy a decent auto rifle. The crap you find is utterly useless and makes for frustrating gameplay.

You can buy a modified trs-300 (or something) at the first trader, it is perfect for headshots and still fairly cheap (12.000 or someting) and will get you through untill you have enough money to buy the F-2000 and as much bullets and tube-nades for it as you can carry.
Thanks for the replies guys.

Yeah that F-2000 is what I need... Looks like I'll slog back to the trader (is there another other than the one at the beginning?) for that long barreled shotgun.

I swear I hit that bloodsucker 3-4 times with the other shotgun, plus some automatic rounds too.
Old 04-29-07, 07:10 PM   #1243
g-a-m-e
*BANNED*

The first trader is the only one that sells everything. I havent come across the long shotgun anywhere else in the game.

And the other good weapons only appear in the end of the game. (GP-37 is also quite good, but has no grenade launcher and you will find it later on anyway, in the freedom base)
Old 04-30-07, 03:54 AM   #1244
WeReWoLf

Send a message via MSN to WeReWoLf

The Tos-34 Hunting Shotgun was deemed too powerful to be implemented into the game, and the only way you can get it is via the Trader Mod.
WeReWoLf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-30-07, 05:02 AM   #1245
Jon

In the end I gave up trying to get it working with dynamic lighting and just went for static.

And I'm really enjoying it now. Even without the dynamic lighting its a good shooter, excellent sound and great atmosphere.

I usually want frame rates to stay above 25+ fps... but now its between 100-320fps, you can really feel the difference in how smooth it plays and its really made the fire fights a joy. Even though fights usually were high 20's, when the fps slips for just a second, it messes up your aiming.

I'll try and finish it with static lighting and hopefully, when the next generation of cards come out, if/when I upgrade I'm hoping to dig it out and play it again with everything maxed.

I do have one question though... early on in this thread, there is an openal32.dll to fix the 5.1 surround issue. How come this is around 225k in size but the latest from creative is only around 100k?
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-07, 08:30 AM   #1246
g-a-m-e
*BANNED*

Wait a second, the first trader isnt supposed to carry all the weapons ?

I never installed a 'trader mod' ?

The TOS34 shotgun, is that the shotgun with the long barrel ? I'm confused now ...

edit* Well i'll be damned. It IS the TOS34 !

Could it be the 'advanced battle armor' mod i installed ? (i was having a little bit of trouble first time i played it through at the end, i later found out it's less difficult if you don't piss off EVERYBODY during the game )

Well i'm sorry then, for if people are going to first trader to buy the weapons. I had no idea !

Or wait, i bought the deluxe version, could it be that these weapons actually are implemented in that version ?

I doubt it though, must have been the mod

Here's a link to the trader mod : http://stalker.filefront.com/file/Trader_Mod_v11;77325

And here's the link to the advanced battlearmor mod, but if you get the trader mod and don't piss of duty and preferably not freedom as well you won't need it. http://stalker.filefront.com/file/X4...tlearmor;77983

edit* no inside the plant ?! I wanted to walk around the control panels where it all went wrong ! *LAME !*
Old 04-30-07, 10:55 PM   #1247
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0
is the rooftops of the buildings in Pripyat accessible? i want to get the sniper rifles of the dead snipers.
I could never find a way. Post if you find one pleeease!
Old 05-01-07, 07:05 AM   #1248
WeReWoLf

Send a message via MSN to WeReWoLf

Never found one so far, but still looking.
WeReWoLf is offline   Reply With Quote