Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-22-07, 04:23 AM   #145
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

Default Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Feedback Thread

Hmm first i was talking about the "advanced settings" menu in the game not the CP
also i found that setting the AF to app pref on CP didnt get the AF to work in-game although it was set to max in the game menu. so i had to force it from CP too. (i.e. forced @16xAFHQ in CP & set to 16x in-game)
AA dosent matter.

your framrates look allright. i got the framerate dips in the later levels esp the indoor ones when you see lots of toxic wastes. other than that the game is somoothly playable with an avarage of 30-50fps.
oh & i'm playing @1600x1200,16xHQAF , you're playing @1280x800 right ? there's a difference.

EDIT : btw today i got my first BSOD in STALKER. i think i'm playing & saving too much
hope this get patched very soon!

- "My name is RAM and my tank is full"

http://warhawk64nv.mybrute.com/ <-- pupils go thaarrr! Or,
http://silenthunter64.mybrute.com
SH64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-07, 04:47 AM   #146
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH64
Hmm first i was talking about the "advanced settings" menu in the game not the CP
also i found that setting the AF to app pref on CP didnt get the AF to work in-game although it was set to max in the game menu. so i had to force it from CP too. (i.e. forced @16xAFHQ in CP & set to 16x in-game)
AA dosent matter.

your framrates look allright. i got the framerate dips in the later levels esp the indoor ones when you see lots of toxic wastes. other than that the game is somoothly playable with an avarage of 30-50fps.
oh & i'm playing @1600x1200,16xHQAF , you're playing @1280x800 right ? there's a difference.

EDIT : btw today i got my first BSOD in STALKER. i think i'm playing & saving too much
hope this get patched very soon!
I'm at 1920x1200 actually. I resize them in imageshack so they don't post huge. Thanks for clearing the AA/AF thing up, I think I still have something else different from you, not sure exactly what though.

One question? I've seen quicksave/quickload mentioned a couple of times, where the heck is that? I can't find it in game or in the manual. Thanks!

Other than that, not bad in spite of my earlier rant, the npcs just seem insanely over powered. Or my gameplay sucks more than usual.
Old 03-22-07, 04:58 AM   #147
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1
I'm at 1920x1200 actually. I resize them in imageshack so they don't post huge. Thanks for clearing the AA/AF thing up, I think I still have something else different from you, not sure exactly what though.

One question? I've seen quicksave/quickload mentioned a couple of times, where the heck is that? I can't find it in game or in the manual. Thanks!

Other than that, not bad in spite of my earlier rant, the npcs just seem insanely over powered. Or my gameplay sucks more than usual.
1) As long as you're happy with the performance/IQ. theres no problem
2) F6 for quicksave & F7 for quickload.
3) At first the NPC's (military & experiaced stalkers) will be tough for you .. so avoid any unnecessary fights. only fight bandits or rookies. until you get a decent armor suit & weapon. it started to get easier for me when i got the stalker suit & the AK-47 with scope which helps alot in distant firefights. also use the artifacts & arrange them wisely.
for exmaple i've got an artifact that gives +600 health .. it did help me gain my health quickly.

- "My name is RAM and my tank is full"

http://warhawk64nv.mybrute.com/ <-- pupils go thaarrr! Or,
http://silenthunter64.mybrute.com
SH64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-07, 05:08 AM   #148
grey_1

Quote:
1) As long as you're happy with the performance/IQ. theres no problem
2) F6 for quicksave & F7 for quickload.
3) At first the NPC's (military & experiaced stalkers) will be tough for you .. so avoid any unnecessary fights. only fight bandits or rookies. until you get a decent armor suit & weapon. it started to get easier for me when i got the stalker suit & the AK-47 with scope which helps alot in distant firefights. also use the artifacts & arrange them wisely.
for exmaple i've got an artifact that gives +600 health .. it did help me gain my health quickly.
Thanks for the tips man...I can be such a n00b!
Old 03-22-07, 05:13 AM   #149
WeReWoLf

Send a message via MSN to WeReWoLf

Game arrived this morning, while i was at work. Unfortunately, when i found out at the time, i still had like 6 hours to go. Anywho, i survived. Arrived home and installed that big mofo. Checked my home network to see if my flatmate was awake (the only way really), and saw him playing stalker as well. Having fun so far, no FPS problems. 1 crash only so far, but it's early days yet, but apart from that it's all running perfect. Pity about the AA and HDR
WeReWoLf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-07, 05:38 AM   #150
XxDeadlyxX
STALKER!!!!!!!!

Played for about 3 hours now. I'm only just past the bridge (but done everything before that)... I love taking my time with these kind of games

No crashes sofar... framerate in parts can be bad (teens), but usually only when you're looking at an area with 20 dead bodies from a distance for example. Other than that its anywhere from 25 to 50s, which is good enough for this game.

On one save two NPCs around a campfire walked into each other indefinitely, but upon another load it was fine. No other bugs.

Killing friendly or neutral loners while others are around is possible, but only if you use silenced pistol and make sure they dont take a big fall. I think its the noise of them propelling a couple of metres from the headshot that alerts the others. I elevated myself a bit on a bench, shot one and he just fell where he stood, the others didnt notice at all

I love the ambient music, and the campfire guitar.

Impressions sofar are very good, I knew they would be
Main PC [Core i7 980X @ 4.3GHz] [Gigabyte X58A-UD7] [7TB of HDDs] [2x Inno3D GTX 480 SLI @ stock] [12GB Team Xtreem 7-7-7-24 @ 1500mhz] [Antec 1200] [Alienware AW2310 (general use/3D Vision) and Samsung 46B650 @ 1080p24] [X-Fi Forte] [Pioneer Blu-ray BDC-S02] [Silverstone Strider 1500W] [Creative Gigaworks S750 7.1] [Windows 7 x64] 3DMark Vantage - 38010
XxDeadlyxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-07, 05:57 AM   #151
qube
Bored sins birth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkoz
No, it doesn't use Starforce but I am trying to find out what sort of copy protection it does use.
its use securom 7.31
Old 03-22-07, 06:09 AM   #152
qube
Bored sins birth

this game is a 8-9/10 but i need a new (2*8900gtx) now i play in 1024*768 max set and master dificulty and its hard

Old 03-22-07, 06:17 AM   #153
grey_1

Finally made it underground, looks fantastic! As long as I don't move

Frames are tanking badly.
Old 03-22-07, 06:54 AM   #154
Darth Rancid
DeltaChromeF1

The evil guys at GAME wouldn't sell the game to me yesterday... even though they had a stack of them lying around on the counter...

-"We don't get it until friday."
-"But it's right there!"
-"No it isn't!"

So, after work tomorrow I will stalk around the city looking for the tin box.

No actual game feedback in this post, sorry. Blame the guys at GAME
Old 03-22-07, 06:59 AM   #155
XxDeadlyxX
STALKER!!!!!!!!

Some more screenies The game looks fine without AA, I dont even notice the jaggies at all. Engine's inbuilt edge blurring seems to be ok imho. The lighting really sets this game apart from everything else.

Main PC [Core i7 980X @ 4.3GHz] [Gigabyte X58A-UD7] [7TB of HDDs] [2x Inno3D GTX 480 SLI @ stock] [12GB Team Xtreem 7-7-7-24 @ 1500mhz] [Antec 1200] [Alienware AW2310 (general use/3D Vision) and Samsung 46B650 @ 1080p24] [X-Fi Forte] [Pioneer Blu-ray BDC-S02] [Silverstone Strider 1500W] [Creative Gigaworks S750 7.1] [Windows 7 x64] 3DMark Vantage - 38010
XxDeadlyxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-07, 07:26 AM   #156
superklye

Quote:
You mean the guards are the checkpoint ?? you're not supposed to attack them if you dont have the firepower & a sufficent armor. just pay the fine to pass.
I was never given a choice...it was that bridge where the train fell through and there's a bunch of construction equipment (excavators and such) all scattered about.

Any time I got anywhere near them, they'd open fire.

I think you're talking about the military guards which are in the exact opposite direction down the road from the area I am talking about. I've gotten close to those guys, too, and they've opened fire.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote