Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-22-07, 01:07 PM   #1165
grey_1

Default Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter
I made it to that location also. But is there a point trying to get over to that building on your shot? Radiation level is sky high over there.

I tried both endings in the secret lab and I choose not to join them. Is it possible to get back to the other regions to work on some side quests?
That building is where you finish up. Theres a couple of jumps you have to make to busted pipes and such, but the radiation has to be handled by a certain armor. Matter of fact theres an exo hidden by some stairs only a little ways past where this was taken.

Not to my knowledge. As you enter the powerplant there are 3 gates behind you, I tried to go back, see if I could return to Pripyat, and couldn't.

Now I keep a manual save from just before entering the powerplant, so I can go back and replay some more.
Old 04-22-07, 01:09 PM   #1166
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0
at last, i'm in pripyat...

Pripyat rocks.

Make sure you make a manual save before leaving there though, other wise you can't go back.

And explore like crazy, lots of hidden goodies throughout the city.
Old 04-22-07, 01:13 PM   #1167
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CybrSage
What I mean is making a game that has the ability to be unable to finish it.

If you kill or not protect certain people, or if you do not do certain things, you have a dead game. Start over.

If I wanted real life, I would be outside tossing a frisbee around.

Oh well, it was a good game until the end, then it sucked big time.
LoL, sorry Cybr, I was just ribbing a little there. Imho it's worth the replay to get there.

Once you finish in Pripyat just prior to the powerplant, if you turn and go all the way back to work quests and such, there's some new goodies, some great action. Hours more good gameplay without getting to repetative.

I do agree with you though, they should have made it more apparent, or possible to get back once you realized something was missing.
Old 04-22-07, 04:17 PM   #1168
CybrSage

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1
LoL, sorry Cybr, I was just ribbing a little there. Imho it's worth the replay to get there.

Once you finish in Pripyat just prior to the powerplant, if you turn and go all the way back to work quests and such, there's some new goodies, some great action. Hours more good gameplay without getting to repetative.

I do agree with you though, they should have made it more apparent, or possible to get back once you realized something was missing.

Just something as simple as a pop up prior to moving forward that said "Warning, if you go past this point you cannot go back and continue any incomplete quests. Are you sure you wish to continue past this point?"

Oh well, maybe I will install the cheat armor and make a fast run to the end to see the different endings.

My ending was the "I want to be rich" ending. They should have allowed me to pick my wish instead of telling me what it would be. I had over 200,000 rubles, so I was already rich.
Old 04-22-07, 05:18 PM   #1169
grey_1

Quote:
Just something as simple as a pop up prior to moving forward that said "Warning, if you go past this point you cannot go back and continue any incomplete quests. Are you sure you wish to continue past this point?"

Oh well, maybe I will install the cheat armor and make a fast run to the end to see the different endings.

My ending was the "I want to be rich" ending. They should have allowed me to pick my wish instead of telling me what it would be. I had over 200,000 rubles, so I was already rich.
I still haven't seen this one...no good with money I guess.

If you have any save points at all prior to the power plant you can go back, meet the guide and the doc. This alone opens another hour or more of gameplay with ease, + numerous side quests all over the place.

worth it imho.
Old 04-22-07, 05:36 PM   #1170
Jonelo

Quote:
can anybody post here the default "user.ltx" file? i messed up my settings.
http://www.mediafire.com/?9mydhjuvj2z

resolution is 1920 x 1080 . and paralax 0.06
Jonelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-07, 09:00 PM   #1171
CybrSage

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1
I still haven't seen this one...no good with money I guess.

If you have any save points at all prior to the power plant you can go back, meet the guide and the doc. This alone opens another hour or more of gameplay with ease, + numerous side quests all over the place.

worth it imho.

I don't, so I downloaded the "impervious armor" mod (cannot remember its real name) and the "gun of three shot death" which is set to tri-burst (made by the same person).

I am rushing through the game to get to the end and get that damned decoder. I think I will be able to see the other wishmaker endings also. I will kill as many friendlies as I can to get a negative score, and also try to be broke when I get there a different time.
Old 04-22-07, 09:10 PM   #1172
grey_1

Quote:
I don't, so I downloaded the "impervious armor" mod (cannot remember its real name) and the "gun of three shot death" which is set to tri-burst (made by the same person).

I am rushing through the game to get to the end and get that damned decoder. I think I will be able to see the other wishmaker endings also. I will kill as many friendlies as I can to get a negative score, and also try to be broke when I get there a different time.
Just some quick tips so you don't get frustrated again my friend,

The "meet the guide" task is given after searching ghosts body (thanks werewolf!)

Make a manual savepoint before leaving Pripyat to enter the powerplant.

Hilight this last only if you want a bit of direction - it's somewhat of a spoiler on making sure you get the full ending, but nothing that will ruin game or surprises for you.

Either manually save again before making a wish, or do not make a wish. Any wishes lead to a shortened ending. You have to find the secret lab!!

Don't quote this or you'll see the above. Have fun!

Old 04-22-07, 09:48 PM   #1173
WeReWoLf

Send a message via MSN to WeReWoLf

Whee! I'm helpful! Seriously though, i've played this game enough, i'm pretty much an expert on it
WeReWoLf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-07, 11:49 AM   #1174
8800gtsfan
*BANNED*

Quote:

The ending is determined by certain attributes - if you have alot of rubles when you goto the wish granter your fate is to ask to be rich. The Prima Guide lists the attributes that trigger the endings (I believe, maybe it was on the GSC forums now Im not sure where I saw it...). Either way I replayed the second time and met the guide & doc and have complete the c-conscious part - I'm working on the last ending where you dont join c-consciousness.
8800gtsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-07, 11:55 AM   #1175
8800gtsfan
*BANNED*

Quote:
just installed my new 8800gts 320mb.
im using 97.28 drivers(included in the box of the videocard)

im having some light related artifacts(lightning) and reticle artifacts like this one...

is this a driver related issue?

i have zer0 graphical problems in r6vegas, c&c3, quake4 and fear...
no errors in Burnintest software also...
I have noticed some strange artifacts with 158.18 and 158.19 in XP and Vista. Funny thing is that I can quit, reload and go back and I get them in the same places - at first I was thinking overheating but my GPU isnt breaking 75c while playing. Secondly I can cold boot, hop right in and see those artifacts in places.

Adding my GPU to the loop this week with a MCW60 and some ram sinks so I'll see if those are temperature related. I don't have any artifact problems with games like SCDA, Vegas, Q4, Just Cause, NHL 07, etc.
8800gtsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-07, 12:00 PM   #1176
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeReWoLf5900
Whee! I'm helpful! Seriously though, i've played this game enough, i'm pretty much an expert on it
Lol, I heard you Aussies craved attention!