Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Home Theater A/V

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-21-07, 10:17 PM   #13
|MaguS|

Default Re: Matrix Trilogy coming to HD DVD only on May 22!

I think im the only one who thinks the Matrix Trilogy is over rated... I like the first one but the other two were just stupid im my opinion... It should have ended at the first one...
Old 03-21-07, 10:37 PM   #14
OWA

I liked all 3 and after watching them all several times, actually prefer the 2nd one.

Quote:
About damn time. Now they just need to get off their butts and release the LoTR trilogy too.
Yeah, it'll be nice once they start releasing some of the more popular ones. I'm not sure why studios have released the ones they have unless maybe they're waiting for the technology to mature before releasing ones like LoTR, Jurassic Park, etc. Having the Matrix Trilogy come out is at least a start.
OWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-07, 11:57 PM   #15
betterdan

Screw The Matrix, I want The Exorcist and all of the original Planet of The Apes movies on HD DVD (yea I know Planet of The Apes is from Fox but I still want it on HD DVD dammit)
Old 03-22-07, 12:55 AM   #16
GamerGuyX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt
Oh and I will say I am glad they are not on that THD trash.
Yeah, tell me about it.

[url="http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=35216"]Folding for Team# 35216 : NvNews + OSNN + SP[/URL]
GamerGuyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-07, 01:16 AM   #17
Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
I think im the only one who thinks the Matrix Trilogy is over rated... I like the first one but the other two were just stupid im my opinion... It should have ended at the first one...
I feel about the same. I loved the first movie when it came out and I was really excited for the next two. At first I thought they really dropped the ball, but I think they were as good as they could have been considering what they had to live up to.

Over rated? Yes.

Going to look spectacular in HD? OOOOOh yes.
Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-07, 06:46 AM   #18
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilchris
Lucas will wait 10 years, he's a fag.

You can catch them all in HD on HBO. I have all 6 recorded on my DVR. They didn't gimp them to 16:9 either, full scope widescreen.
Tell me about it... HBO-HD seems to butcher most movies.. was so happy they didn't do it to Star Wars.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-07, 07:49 AM   #19
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilchris
****ing awesome
****ing expensive! That's crazy to pay $100+ for those IMO. I think I'll stick with my SD-DVD copies for right now thanks. I'm glad HD-DVD got the Matrix going for them, it'll give them some boost.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-07, 08:51 AM   #20
Ancient
Occasional User

Quote:
Originally Posted by OWA
Yeah, it'll be nice once they start releasing some of the more popular ones. I'm not sure why studios have released the ones they have unless maybe they're waiting for the technology to mature before releasing ones like LoTR, Jurassic Park, etc. Having the Matrix Trilogy come out is at least a start.
I don't understand it either. Having the Matrix and LoTR out will be a huge boost for promoting HD-DVD systems. It would make owning HD DVD compelling for a lot more people, particularly LoTR with all its sweeping vistas. Even if they released so-so versions now they could always put out the super-duper, reedited, remastered, retuned, retouched, director's recut rerelease with rediscovered lost scenes and commentary by the extras and grips further down the road.

Old 03-22-07, 08:59 AM   #21
superklye

Meh...considering you're getting 8 discs of content and it adds up to over 35 hours, $119.99 MSRP isn't that bad.

Plus, it'll probably be about $99 on Amazon (for the Ultimate) or even lower. And with the additional 10% discount, $90 for that is looking mighty delicious.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-07, 09:25 AM   #22
superklye

Here are the "official specs" for the two sets:
http://hddvd.highdefdigest.com/news/..._DVD_Specs/536

Man...wtf? double-sided discs? COME ON! We really can't get 8 single-sided discs?
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-07, 04:29 PM   #23
GamerGuyX

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
Man...wtf? double-sided discs? COME ON! We really can't get 8 single-sided discs?
I've decided that I will be waiting for the Blu-ray version of the Ultimate Matrix Trilogy for reasons such as those.

Can't stand combo/double sided discs of any sort.

[url="http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=35216"]Folding for Team# 35216 : NvNews + OSNN + SP[/URL]
GamerGuyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-07, 02:52 AM   #24
Ruined

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGuyX
I've decided that I will be waiting for the Blu-ray version of the Ultimate Matrix Trilogy for reasons such as those.

Can't stand combo/double sided discs of any sort.
Three things:

1. HD DVD $99 Trilogy version has all single-sided discs.

2. Blu-Ray version won't be out until November due to the mandatory switch over to the new BD spec pushed back until 10/31 (this is likely why Warner is releasing this title for HD DVD).

3. Warner stated they will only be making TotalHD discs after August. The Blu-Ray version therefore very well may be a TotalHD release, meaning it will be a flipper also.

Finally, in this case I fail to see how a double sided disc is a bad thing. The massive amount of extras could not fit on the HD side - so if it wasn't a flipper, it would be 2 seperate discs. How is changing discs easier than flipping a single disc?

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 2.66GHz CPU | Intel G965WH mobo | 8GB (4x2GB) DDR2-667mhz CAS5 RAM (1066MHz FSB) | BFG GeForce 285 GTX OC 1GB | Dell E228WFP 22" DVI-HDCP LCD Monitor | 1TB Western Digital RE3 SATA2 Main Drive | 500GBx2 Western Digital RE3 SATA2 Scratch Drives in RAID0 | Western Digital RE3 1TB SATA2 Media Drive | External 2TB Western Digital MyBook Backup Drive | Adaptec eSATA 3.0gbps PCI-E interface | Sandisk External 12-in-1 Flash Card Reader | LG GGC-H20L HD DVD/BD reader, DVD writer | LG GGW-H20L HD DVD/BD reader, DVD/BD writer | Microsoft E4000 Ergonomic Keyboard | Logitech Trackman Wheel | Antec P182 ATX Case | Thermaltake ToughPower XT 850w modular PSU | KRK RP-8 Rokit Studio Monitors | Windows Vista Ultimate x64
Ruined is offline   Reply With Quote