Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-07, 10:49 AM   #109
Burner_Tbird2
The Objectivist Gamer

Default Re: Funny how the 360 is the more expensive next gen console

Lines are being blurred now b/c there's no clear victor in sales so its still worth every Dev's while to spend the extra money to make cross-platform games. There will come a point in PS3 sales when the extra cost of cross-platform development will no longer be financially justified and Dev's will go back to programming for one platform or the other, making ports afterward if the game is a smashing success. However we're getting off topic again, I think there will be a significant amount of AAA PS3 exclusives (I really don't see MGS going to the dark side ), you think the current cross-platform trend will continue- time will tell, debating it now is pretty futile.

In the mean time anyone have any comments on the piece for piece price breakdown I posted on page 7?
8Gb G.Skill 1600
Silverstone 750W PSU
Corsair H80 Liquid Cooler
http://www.patriotsjetteam.com

PSN: BurnerDeuce
Folding For nVNews Team #35216
Old 03-29-07, 10:50 AM   #110
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilchris
Better watch it, I bet his bigger and badder then you... Probably can benchpress semi trucks and pull trains with his teeth.

Old 03-29-07, 10:54 AM   #111
Burner_Tbird2
The Objectivist Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilchris
HDMI is not superior to component but keep telling yourself that. HDMI is an abomination. I only use it when forced to.
Yes Component has its advantages over HDMI but there are only a handful of HDTVs that accept analog 1080p which is exactly why MS is producing the Elite.
8Gb G.Skill 1600
Silverstone 750W PSU
Corsair H80 Liquid Cooler
http://www.patriotsjetteam.com

PSN: BurnerDeuce
Folding For nVNews Team #35216
Old 03-29-07, 11:02 AM   #112
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner_Tbird2
There will come a point in PS3 sales when the extra cost of cross-platform development will no longer be financially justified and Dev's will go back to programming for one platform or the other, making ports afterward if the game is a smashing success. However we're getting off topic again, I think there will be a significant amount of AAA PS3 exclusives (I really don't see MGS going to the dark side ), you think the current cross-platform trend will continue- time will tell, debating it now is pretty futile.
Considering that almost everything having to do with that topic is purely conjectural, it's actually impossible to debate it...but I do disagree with your point of view. You're right though, time will tell.

There has been a lot of talk going around about MGS4 (as well as other franchise titles) losing its exclusivity and several comments by Sony reps have neither confirmed nor denied this. I'm not trying to rumor-monger but it's worth mentioning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner_Tbird2
In the mean time anyone have any comments on the piece for piece price breakdown I posted on page 7?
To be honest I've always thought of those sorts of comparisons as vastly flawed due to arguable comparisons of one particular part to another as well as a lack of acknowledgment of the value of being able to "opt out" of certain parts. For instance, I have no desire to buy any other addons to my X-Box 360 as I see no value in them, so for me, a PS3 is much more expensive.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 03-29-07, 11:04 AM   #113
nemecb

This thread delivers so much it makes my head explode!

Think Dr. Nicorulez would have anything for that condition?
Old 03-29-07, 11:08 AM   #114
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicorulez
Hey there, at least with the PS3 you get a quiet system, a Blu-Ray Drive (which is superior to the Panasonics BTW), WiFi and HDMI. You guys also lose the ugly brick. Say what you will and defend the 360 and god forbid Wii all you want, the PS3 will likely win this generation. I will make a thread about this in a couple of years. Maybe you guys would want to chime in then.

BTW, Zelda you are truly the most idiotic and stupid person on this thread. Six hundred bucks would be a months salary; that would cost you the ability to play Mario Cart. EA's outgoing CEO stated clearly he expected Sony to win but lose marketshare. Forbes has stated that Sony will likely win, but that MS is making up much ground. Show me a link to a viable financial based website and show me differently. PS...xbox.com does not count.
Those comments made by EA's CEO and Forbes were made before the Wii and PS3 even launched. Now that they have some actual numbers, they are changing their tune. Right now, the PS3 is losing. Badly. It really isn't even close. In the future maybe they'll make up ground, but I doubt they'll dig themselves out of the hole they've dug.

here is a link if you want links, but I don't think ANYONE is arguing that Sony is going to come in first looking at their current performance
http://www.fiercegamebiz.com/story/a...war/2007-01-30

Don't get me wrong, the PS3 will have some great AAA games, no doubt, and maybe then I might buy one, but right now? It's really pathetic.

And heh, maybe $600 is a months salary for you, but it certainly isn't for me. I'd buy the Wii for $600 (even though that would be a rip off price) just because I want to play Zelda.
Old 03-29-07, 11:10 AM   #115
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemecb
This thread delivers so much it makes my head explode!

Young lady, I'm an expert on humans. Now pick a mouth, open it and say...
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 03-29-07, 11:10 AM   #116
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemecb
He probably works as a secretary in a dentist's office and thinks that means he's a doctor.

Old 03-29-07, 11:11 AM   #117
|MaguS|

Zelda, you will never own a Sony console. I might have a heart attack the day you do buy one though.

Old 03-29-07, 11:12 AM   #118
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Zelda, you will never own a Sony console. I might have a heart attack the day you do buy one though.
If they come out with GoW3 and it's exclusive to the PS3, and provided Final Fantasy XIII is good, and also I'd like to see a sequel to Shadow of the Colossus... I will buy a PS3.
Old 03-29-07, 11:16 AM   #119
superklye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09
To be honest I've always thought of those sorts of comparisons as vastly flawed due to arguable comparisons of one particular part to another as well as a lack of acknowledgment of the value of being able to "opt out" of certain parts. For instance, I have no desire to buy any other addons to my X-Box 360 as I see no value in them, so for me, a PS3 is much more expensive.
Exactly. And that's what I keep trying to say.

Plus, you can never compare them because HD DVD is so far above and beyond BD that it's impossible to have "equally equiped" machines.
Old 03-29-07, 11:20 AM   #120
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter Bandit
Nintendo has an excellent 1st party lineup as well, but Sony is certainly catching up with them if they haven't already surpassed them.
Nintendo's first party lineup hasn't even begun to drop, and when it does... it will be like a ton of bricks.

Mario Galaxy
Metroid 3
Mario Party
Smash Bros Brawl
Paper Mario
New Zelda Wii
Project HAMMER
Pokemon
Fire Emblem
Batillion Wars
New Kirby Wii
Castlevania Wii
Starfox Wii
Mario Kart Wii
etc etc etc

and that's just the first party lineup
they also got some great third party exclusives lined up one of which is rumored to be the NiGHTS sequel
Closed Thread