Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-07, 12:08 AM   #13
Zelda_fan

Default Re: Funny how the 360 is the more expensive next gen console

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGuyX
Well as you know evilchirs, without HDMI out (in this case) we can't pass lossless audio to our receivers.
As far as I know of, there is no receiver capable of decoding Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD lossless formats. Even when they finally start making receivers like that, games will still have to support it.
Old 03-22-07, 12:12 AM   #14
TiKiMaN1

Talking Re: Funny how the 360 is the more expensive next gen console

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86
my 360 was $400 and it plays all the same games and outputs 1920x1200 resolution via a VGA cable on my 2407.

just cause their second revision with a 120GB hard drive is going to be more than a PS3 youre like "OMG, M$ IZ T3H SUX0RRZ!!!". then you say the Wii is a POS because its ugly and has "****ed up control"?

here i have something for you......

check out the link in my sig. youll see that your "M1Gh7Y PS3" is not as great as sony told you it was. its debatable as to whether or not Gears of War will even run on the PS3.

you know what the funniest part is, is that the "PS3 is dead" thread was actually a thread posted by a guy telling ppl that his PS3 died and he was sending it back for repairs and was asking for some comments/suggestions. the dude actually owns a PS3. so this thread that you created is pointless, and merely wasting space.

way to go!
Old 03-22-07, 12:16 AM   #15
ViN86

one more thing, in my defense. i had to feed the troll. i couldnt help it.
Old 03-22-07, 12:42 AM   #16
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicorulez
I find it quite hilarious that people are ripping Sony for the PS3. It is at least as powerful as the 360, and once the programmers get the hang of it I suspect more powerful. Sure, it may be 200 bucks more for the 60GB version, but it has a Blu Ray player built in. More over, in the latest Perfect Vision magazine it is considered one of the best Blu Ray players on the market; cost not considered. Now take the 360. It has no HDMI. Big strike for all of you videophiles. Then, it has a measly 20GB hard drive. Now the insult, in a lot of online websites, its DVD (not even HD DVD) player is one of the worst they have ever seen. I can attest to this personally; it is awful.

Now the kicker, MS knows that eventually Sony is going to take hold and kick their ars. So, they are now releasing a 360Ultra (Nvidia....you can sue) with a 120 GB hard drive and HDMI. How nice of them. They only want 479 dollars. Boy, that is cheaper than the PS3, but what about the early adopters. They are SOL. Morevoer, the 120 GB hard drive is going to be sold independently for around 150 - 200 bucks.

So, let us calculate this. A HD DVD add on for 200 bucks. The larger add on for 150 bucks (lets give MS a break). The core premium system for 399 bucks. That tally is over 750 bucks for a non-HDMI capable system....nice

So, to all you naysayers, the PS3 is going to win. I own both and like my 360. However, the PS3 on a 1080P capable television via HDMI is better. Once the games come out that emphasize the PS3 and not the 360; I surmise 18 months then you will see the PS3 developed for first and the 360 second.

BTW, Blu Ray is kicking HD DVD's ars and anyone who is not biased can really appreciate this. These PS3 is dead threads are laughable. The same shiat was spewed about the 360 when it first hit the market. BTW, the Wii is a Gamecube with a f__cked up control....it is butt ugly to look at.
Funny. If I compare the actual facts and NPD sales data I come to the conclusion that you are a complete idiot.

Talk all the **** you want fanboy. The fact is that the Wii and 360 and kicking the PS3s ass. And badly at that.
Old 03-22-07, 12:47 AM   #17
Zelda_fan

tEh PeeSthrEE iZ gOiNg 2 wIn, I uB3r-PrOmIsE j00
Old 03-22-07, 01:03 AM   #18
GamerGuyX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan
As far as I know of, there is no receiver capable of decoding Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD lossless formats. Even when they finally start making receivers like that, games will still have to support it.
The receiver does not need to have the ability to decode the new lossless audio formats if the player itself can.

The 360 in this case does indeed have the ability to decode Dolby TrueHD but it downmixes everything to standard Dolby Digital (for various reasons - including the lack of HDMI out).

[url="http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=35216"]Folding for Team# 35216 : NvNews + OSNN + SP[/URL]
Old 03-22-07, 01:32 AM   #19
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGuyX
The receiver does not need to have the ability to decode the new lossless audio formats if the player itself can.

The 360 in this case does indeed have the ability to decode Dolby TrueHD but it downmixes everything to standard Dolby Digital (for various reasons - including the lack of HDMI out).
ahh I see, you mean just sending out the full 8 channels uncompressed over HDMI
Old 03-22-07, 01:47 AM   #20
GamerGuyX

Quote:
ahh I see, you mean just sending out the full 8 channels uncompressed over HDMI
Exactly. To be more specific, when the player handles the decoding it sends the decoded audio out as PCM to the receiver.

[url="http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=35216"]Folding for Team# 35216 : NvNews + OSNN + SP[/URL]

Old 03-27-07, 10:35 PM   #21
nicorulez

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnotaku
Any true home theater enthusiast knows that HDMI is an inferior interface.
A pure digital solution is inferior to analog; in what century. Let us see; every new television is promoting HDMI as are the AV leaders like Pioneer, Denon, Onkyo, Sony (oh gracious), even Lexicon and Krell. To deny that HDMI is superior is idiotic. A six year old can tell the difference. Oh well, the idiocy on this board will never stop. Go play with you Wii's children.
Old 03-27-07, 10:39 PM   #22
nicorulez

Quote:
It will happen with HDMI 1.3 standard; the PS3 supports this already. Moreover, if you guys paid attention to CeBit you would realize that quite a few of the next gen AV receivers and separates will too. Go read Hometheater magazine or the Perfect Vision. BTW, I have both consoles and enjoy them both. The PS3 is hooked up via HDMI to a 40 inch Sony XBR; it is a fantastic television BTW. My Xbox 360 is hooked up to my 65 inch 1080i RPTV. Of course, the Sony is newer so that is a plus for the PS3. However, with the WiFi add on and HDDVD player my XBox 360 was 700 bucks. That is my point. You guys have such a hate for Sony it is sad. My god, is this Goliath (Sony) such a threat to your kinddom.
Old 03-27-07, 10:41 PM   #23
nicorulez

Quote:
Funny. If I compare the actual facts and NPD sales data I come to the conclusion that you are a complete idiot.

Talk all the **** you want fanboy. The fact is that the Wii and 360 and kicking the PS3s ass. And badly at that.
Check back on NPD in a year idiot. You will see your beloved last gen Wii is in third place. It will not even be close. One or two is a toss up, but I would put my dollars on Sony. We shall see; if I am wrong I will openly admit to as such on this website. Will you Mr. Zelda
Old 03-27-07, 11:18 PM   #24
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

you can't comment on how any of the system will do in the future, well because its in the future. AS as far as I know, both MS and Sony blind fanboys have to show it because the Wii is currently outselling them easily. So try and defend your wounded pride, but the Wii is still doing very well, regardless of what tech is in it.
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
Closed Thread