Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-27-07, 11:25 PM   #25
Marvel_us
FOOL!
 
Marvel_us's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 3,754
Default Re: Funny how the 360 is the more expensive next gen console

Lol, it's funny listening to how annoyed Luke Smith from 1up is with the Wii.
__________________
Main Rig
Intel Q6600 QUAD|| Gigabyte P35-DS3L ||XFX 7900GTX|| G.Skill 6GB PC2-6400 || OCZ Agility 60GB SSD || WD 320GB + WD Green 1TB HDD || Samsung 20" LCD || CoolMax 650W PSU ||

60gb PS3 Owner
PSNid: Marvel_us
Marvel_us is offline  
Old 03-27-07, 11:54 PM   #26
nicorulez
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Flo Rida
Posts: 195
Default Re: Funny how the 360 is the more expensive next gen console

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor1182
you can't comment on how any of the system will do in the future, well because its in the future. AS as far as I know, both MS and Sony blind fanboys have to show it because the Wii is currently outselling them easily. So try and defend your wounded pride, but the Wii is still doing very well, regardless of what tech is in it.
My God man, do you think I am going by blind fanboyism...lol. Please, I look at precedence. Fact, when the N64 came; it was going to destroy the PSone. Guess what, it didn't. Although it technically was more powerful (debatable), it used proprietary cartridge software and was expensive (games were 70 bucks back in 19996). Fast forward to now, the Wii comes out with hardware similar to that from five years ago. If you don't agree, you are a true fanboy and cannot admit to the admitted weakness of the system.

Granted, it has a unique controller scheme that appeals well to the young and retired (don't believe me, check CNNMONEY.COM). However, people are already bitching about how the system is getting stale; it will certainly falter in the coming years. People with means are going to want a system that at least looks better than their three year old PC or old XBox. Moreover the control scheme is not very precise. My mouse destroys it.

Now, we come to XBox and Sony. The PS3 is technically superior, but much more difficult to program for. Now, surmising that Sony comes through and produces software that will allow non first party (or EA types) to program to the hardware, its games should look better. Hell, even the MS IT guy said as much. Now, if Sony fails then MS wins. I have both so I don't care. I get the version rated better on IGN or Gamespot. However, I find it funny how people bitch about the PS3 cost, when it was actually cheaper for me than the XBox loaded out to equal specs to my PS3. Moreover, the PS3 has a bigger harddrive and HDMI (which is superior despite some dolts claim to the opposite).

That is why I started this thread. Moreover, I feel the XBox Elite is a desperate grasp on MS to take away the minds eye on the PS3. However, they should ship it with WiFi and a HDDVD drive. Then, I would pony up the 450 plus bucks and get it. If they give me an upgrade rebate (since I own the original 360), that would be great.
nicorulez is offline  
Old 03-27-07, 11:59 PM   #27
GamerGuyX
 
GamerGuyX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kentwood, Michigan
Posts: 4,200
Default Re: Funny how the 360 is the more expensive next gen console



Holy **** nicorulez, you need to shut the **** up.
__________________
[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"]People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people. -[B] V[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]


[url="http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=35216"]Folding for Team# 35216 : NvNews + OSNN + SP[/URL]
GamerGuyX is offline  
Old 03-28-07, 12:39 AM   #28
Burner_Tbird2
The Objectivist Gamer
 
Burner_Tbird2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 275
Default Re: Funny how the 360 is the more expensive next gen console

I love how fashionable its always been to knock Sony. It happened with the PSOne, the PS2 and now its happening again with the PS3. I have to guess its a general human quality to want to root for the underdog and against the heavy hitter. The PS3 is superior in processing and graphic capability, the multi-platform games look comparable on the X360 at the moment b/c they are either programmed for the lowest common denominator, or programmers are still fumbling with the PS3 SDK. Given time PS3 games are going to consistently look superior to the 360. The only thing that could possibly stop this inevitablity is if the 360 keeps its lead in console sales in the long run leading 3rd party devs to always program for the lowest common denominator. And would that be something that benefits gamers? Is that what we all want- 360 and PS3 games looking the same?

On the Wii, of course its selling better, its CHEAPER than the other systems, its much cheaper, its the freakin Model T of game systems. Whether its truely innovative or a gimmick remains to be seen by long term sales. But after personal review and the opinions of Wii owners I've talked to its just that- a gimmick that has its place (its great for parties as far as I can tell), but nothing revolutionary.

On the 360, to get the same features as a stock PS3 (HDMI, HD Video Playback) it costs a minimum of $680. Except for your extra cash you get inferior hardware to the PS3. Does anyone have anything that refutes those last two sentances?

Nico may be abrasive in his posts but he's making some valid points and most of the posts refuting him are merely name calling (the dreaded 'FanBoy' or 'Troll')

We're debating here, so lets get some comments on the facts and leave the name calling to school children.
__________________
2600k @4.6GHz
eVGA 470GTX
ASUS P8Z68
8Gb G.Skill 1600
Silverstone 750W PSU
Corsair H80 Liquid Cooler
http://www.patriotsjetteam.com

PSN: BurnerDeuce
Folding For nVNews Team #35216
Burner_Tbird2 is offline  
Old 03-28-07, 07:54 AM   #29
nicorulez
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Flo Rida
Posts: 195
Default Re: Funny how the 360 is the more expensive next gen console

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner_Tbird2
I love how fashionable its always been to knock Sony. It happened with the PSOne, the PS2 and now its happening again with the PS3. I have to guess its a general human quality to want to root for the underdog and against the heavy hitter. The PS3 is superior in processing and graphic capability, the multi-platform games look comparable on the X360 at the moment b/c they are either programmed for the lowest common denominator, or programmers are still fumbling with the PS3 SDK. Given time PS3 games are going to consistently look superior to the 360. The only thing that could possibly stop this inevitablity is if the 360 keeps its lead in console sales in the long run leading 3rd party devs to always program for the lowest common denominator. And would that be something that benefits gamers? Is that what we all want- 360 and PS3 games looking the same?

On the Wii, of course its selling better, its CHEAPER than the other systems, its much cheaper, its the freakin Model T of game systems. Whether its truely innovative or a gimmick remains to be seen by long term sales. But after personal review and the opinions of Wii owners I've talked to its just that- a gimmick that has its place (its great for parties as far as I can tell), but nothing revolutionary.

On the 360, to get the same features as a stock PS3 (HDMI, HD Video Playback) it costs a minimum of $680. Except for your extra cash you get inferior hardware to the PS3. Does anyone have anything that refutes those last two sentances?

Nico may be abrasive in his posts but he's making some valid points and most of the posts refuting him are merely name calling (the dreaded 'FanBoy' or 'Troll')

We're debating here, so lets get some comments on the facts and leave the name calling to school children.
Thank you. I know I ruffle feathers around here but the MS pea**** has been strutting its stuff for far too long. It is the overpriced console and that is my point. Moreover, the Wii is a guppie swimming with sharks. There may be millions of them, but eventually the shark has its day. Wii for #3 I say. It sounds right. Anyway, it is not even next gen so it should not be spoken of in the same breath as the XB360 or PS3.
nicorulez is offline  
Old 03-28-07, 07:55 AM   #30
nicorulez
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Flo Rida
Posts: 195
Default Re: Funny how the 360 is the more expensive next gen console

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGuyX


Holy **** nicorulez, you need to shut the **** up.

Tell me why. Refute my posts. If I am wrong I will admit it. Obviously, I am surmising on the future so nobody can say if I am right or wrong. However, about the cost of hardware, show me where I am off. You need to STFU as you have zero to add to any thread. Platitudes and derision are all you have to offer.
nicorulez is offline  
Old 03-28-07, 08:12 AM   #31
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?
 
thor1182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Indy, IN
Posts: 812
Default Re: Funny how the 360 is the more expensive next gen console

um, no the P$3 is not better than the 360 in terms of CPU and graphics power. Vin has a link in his sig that states otherwise. You should do some REAL research on what you say before you troll like that.
__________________
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
thor1182 is offline  
Old 03-28-07, 09:10 AM   #32
nicorulez
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Flo Rida
Posts: 195
Default Re: Funny how the 360 is the more expensive next gen console

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor1182
um, no the P$3 is not better than the 360 in terms of CPU and graphics power. Vin has a link in his sig that states otherwise. You should do some REAL research on what you say before you troll like that.
A link in his sig...LMAO. Who cares. Unless its a game developer for a major company with the resources to say so, I don't usually trust random links.
nicorulez is offline  

Old 03-28-07, 09:14 AM   #33
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?
 
thor1182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Indy, IN
Posts: 812
Default Re: Funny how the 360 is the more expensive next gen console

Considering the arcitle is all based off the the white papers for each machine, and are you ready ... logic... its pretty sound.

If you want to get into the dev corner, very few devs are raising up the PS3 other than the 1rst part devs.
__________________
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
thor1182 is offline  
Old 03-28-07, 09:22 AM   #34
superklye
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: MKE
Posts: 13,629
Default Re: Funny how the 360 is the more expensive next gen console

Yeah, but see...you can't compare the 360 and PS3.

360 is next-gen.
PS3 is REAL next-gen.
superklye is offline  
Old 03-28-07, 09:37 AM   #35
Marvel_us
FOOL!
 
Marvel_us's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 3,754
Default Re: Funny how the 360 is the more expensive next gen console

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor1182
Considering the arcitle is all based off the the white papers for each machine, and are you ready ... logic... its pretty sound.

If you want to get into the dev corner, very few devs are raising up the PS3 other than the 1rst part devs.
That's debatable. It all depends on how you write your game engine imo. Most devs aren't praising the PS3 because it's the harder one to program for. Which is why I agree with the director of NG: Sigma when he says that devs need to stop complaining about the PS3 being the more difficult to write for....it's like an excuse. However, I don't expect at this point in time that 3rd party devs would go that extra mile just to make a multiplatform game run better or look better on the PS3, it just doesn't make sense cost wise, the install base just isn't there yet.
__________________
Main Rig
Intel Q6600 QUAD|| Gigabyte P35-DS3L ||XFX 7900GTX|| G.Skill 6GB PC2-6400 || OCZ Agility 60GB SSD || WD 320GB + WD Green 1TB HDD || Samsung 20" LCD || CoolMax 650W PSU ||

60gb PS3 Owner
PSNid: Marvel_us
Marvel_us is offline  
Old 03-28-07, 09:38 AM   #36
evilchris
 
evilchris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 4,411
Default Re: Funny how the 360 is the more expensive next gen console

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
Yeah, but see...you can't compare the 360 and PS3.

360 is next-gen.
PS3 is REAL next-gen.
lol
__________________
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER][B][CENTER]--Communist Party of America--[/CENTER][/B]
evilchris is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Console Killers News Archived News Items 0 06-11-12 10:10 PM
Epic Games on next gen console specs Logical Console World 5 05-24-12 04:17 PM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.