Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-07, 09:56 AM   #37
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

Default Re: Funny how the 360 is the more expensive next gen console

Software programming on a whole, the Cell is a different direction to learn to code for than the main stream coding evolution. We would see much better progress on the multicore front if the devs all had simialr things they had to work with, ie symmetrical multi core CPU's as opposed to asymmetrical CPUs.
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
Old 03-28-07, 10:11 AM   #38
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicorulez
A pure digital solution is inferior to analog; in what century. Let us see; every new television is promoting HDMI as are the AV leaders like Pioneer, Denon, Onkyo, Sony (oh gracious), even Lexicon and Krell. To deny that HDMI is superior is idiotic. A six year old can tell the difference. Oh well, the idiocy on this board will never stop. Go play with you Wii's children.
Have you ever used HDMI for anything other than your stupid PS3? HDMI with its HDCP is a nightmare to use.

And about the quality of HDMI. It is about equal to a good component cable. The only time HDMI quality shines is when comparing a low quality HDMI cable to a low quallity component cable.
Old 03-28-07, 10:12 AM   #39
ENU291
Die spammer!! DIE!!!

Send a message via AIM to ENU291 Send a message via Yahoo to ENU291

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
Yeah, but see...you can't compare the 360 and PS3.

360 is next-gen.
PS3 is REAL next-gen.
So my 360 is the fake next-gen?

EVGA 8800GTX; Asus MSN-SLI Deluxe mobo; Athlon X2 5200+(225X13/2.93GHZ); Corsair XMS TWIN2X (1024X4); WD Raptor 150GB HD; MAXTOR 500GB HD; CL X-Fi XtremeGamer; Xbox360 HD-DVD; Plextor 18X DVD-RW/+RW; Dell 2707WFP

Registered Linux User # 444118 Xbox360 GamerTag: StryderXx PSN ID: StryderXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
Gamers are the most unhappy and miserable consumer group I know of. Just sit back, relax and have fun.
Old 03-28-07, 10:13 AM   #40
superklye

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENU291
So my 360 is the fake next-gen?

Yeah, it was in some interview with a Sony exec a few days back.
Old 03-28-07, 10:13 AM   #41
Marvel_us
FOOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor1182
Software programming on a whole, the Cell is a different direction to learn to code for than the main stream coding evolution. We would see much better progress on the multicore front if the devs all had simialr things they had to work with, ie symmetrical multi core CPU's as opposed to asymmetrical CPUs.
I'll agree with that, they probably should be similar but at the same time it's pretty much always been like that with video game consoles.

60gb PS3 Owner
PSNid: Marvel_us
Old 03-28-07, 10:53 AM   #42
hazindu

Quote:
I find it quite hilarious that people are ripping Sony for the PS3. It is at least as powerful as the 360, and once the programmers get the hang of it I suspect more powerful. Sure, it may be 200 bucks more for the 60GB version, but it has a Blu Ray player built in. More over, in the latest Perfect Vision magazine it is considered one of the best Blu Ray players on the market; cost not considered. Now take the 360. It has no HDMI. Big strike for all of you videophiles. Then, it has a measly 20GB hard drive. Now the insult, in a lot of online websites, its DVD (not even HD DVD) player is one of the worst they have ever seen. I can attest to this personally; it is awful.

Now the kicker, MS knows that eventually Sony is going to take hold and kick their ars. So, they are now releasing a 360Ultra (Nvidia....you can sue) with a 120 GB hard drive and HDMI. How nice of them. They only want 479 dollars. Boy, that is cheaper than the PS3, but what about the early adopters. They are SOL. Morevoer, the 120 GB hard drive is going to be sold independently for around 150 - 200 bucks.

So, let us calculate this. A HD DVD add on for 200 bucks. The larger add on for 150 bucks (lets give MS a break). The core premium system for 399 bucks. That tally is over 750 bucks for a non-HDMI capable system....nice

So, to all you naysayers, the PS3 is going to win. I own both and like my 360. However, the PS3 on a 1080P capable television via HDMI is better. Once the games come out that emphasize the PS3 and not the 360; I surmise 18 months then you will see the PS3 developed for first and the 360 second.

BTW, Blu Ray is kicking HD DVD's ars and anyone who is not biased can really appreciate this. These PS3 is dead threads are laughable. The same shiat was spewed about the 360 when it first hit the market. BTW, the Wii is a Gamecube with a f__cked up control....it is butt ugly to look at.
Perhaps you are unaware of this, but some people use game consoles for gaming, and right now the Xbox 360 and Wii have more\better (subjective, but common opinion) games. This may well change in the future, but right now the PS3 is simply not as attractive to 'most' GAMERS.

btw, You should get your facts straight before ranting about hardware comparisons.
Old 03-28-07, 11:29 AM   #43
nicorulez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody
Have you ever used HDMI for anything other than your stupid PS3? HDMI with its HDCP is a nightmare to use.

And about the quality of HDMI. It is about equal to a good component cable. The only time HDMI quality shines is when comparing a low quality HDMI cable to a low quallity component cable.
First, I have hooked up a true Blu Ray player and receiver to HDMI. HDCP is a pain, but none of the HDDVD and Blu Ray movies have down converted movies yet to non-HDCP compatible televisions that I know of. It is a fact that some software PC solutions require a HDCP compliant monitor but that is via DVI and not HDMI. Trust, I have forgotten more about home theater than you have ever known. You would not know DTS from stereo if it hit you in your head. Moreover, component video is limited to 1080i for BLu Ray and HDDVD movies. If I am wrong, show me. The XBox 360 1080P is a software implemented solution after the fact.
Old 03-28-07, 11:30 AM   #44
nicorulez

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazindu
Perhaps you are unaware of this, but some people use game consoles for gaming, and right now the Xbox 360 and Wii have more\better (subjective, but common opinion) games. This may well change in the future, but right now the PS3 is simply not as attractive to 'most' GAMERS.

btw, You should get your facts straight before ranting about hardware comparisons.
Enlighten Hazindu, what mistakes have I made about hardware comparisons. Everything I wrote is true. Whether the PS3 or 360 is more powerful is relative. Some developers prefer one to the other. THey are likely very equal. The PS3 has a better feature set and is quieter by a long shot.

Old 03-28-07, 11:50 AM   #45
nemecb

Quote:
Tell me why. Refute my posts. If I am wrong I will admit it. Obviously, I am surmising on the future so nobody can say if I am right or wrong.
Which is precisely why you're a troll. You're making unfounded statements about consoles just to get a rise out of people.

I for one am going to and enjoy the show.
Old 03-28-07, 12:08 PM   #46
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

yeah a troll without facts sounds right.
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
Old 03-28-07, 01:10 PM   #47
Ancient
Occasional User

Quote:
The XBox 360 1080P is a software implemented solution after the fact.
Umm, no, that's wrong. The XBOX 360 graphics render and output a true 1920 x 1080 signal. It had the capability all along but was not enabled because when the XBOX 360 first came out very few TVs could accept a native 1080p signal.
Old 03-28-07, 01:13 PM   #48
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

shush, don't use facts or logic around him, they hurt his head.
Closed Thread