Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-29-07, 12:16 AM   #85
evilchris
 
evilchris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 4,411
Default Re: Funny how the 360 is the more expensive next gen console

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicorulez
You are an idiot. It was a software update that enabled 1080P. If it was purely hardware based, it would have supported it natively via the component. The upscaler was capable so in that sense yes. However, without the software/firmware update it was not natively enabled. Regardless, HDMI is still superior to both VGA and component. Why would MS suddenly feel the need to release a HDMI pwered ultra elite system if it was not. You need to read a little. Both of you are fools, and I love getting your goat.
HDMI is not superior to component but keep telling yourself that. HDMI is an abomination. I only use it when forced to.
__________________
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER][B][CENTER]--Communist Party of America--[/CENTER][/B]
evilchris is offline  
Old 03-29-07, 12:18 AM   #86
evilchris
 
evilchris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 4,411
Default Re: Funny how the 360 is the more expensive next gen console

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86
you do realize that 1080i and 1080p are both the same resolution (1920x1080) right?

(i = interlaced, p = progressive)
No, he doesn't. He also doesn't realize a 1080p TV will deinterlace 1080i to p anyway resulting in the EXACT SAME thing.
__________________
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER][B][CENTER]--Communist Party of America--[/CENTER][/B]
evilchris is offline  
Old 03-29-07, 07:40 AM   #87
ENU291
Die spammer!! DIE!!!
 
ENU291's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 2,312
Send a message via AIM to ENU291 Send a message via Yahoo to ENU291
Default Re: Funny how the 360 is the more expensive next gen console

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicorulez
You are an idiot. It was a software update that enabled 1080P. If it was purely hardware based, it would have supported it natively via the component. The upscaler was capable so in that sense yes. However, without the software/firmware update it was not natively enabled.
Not natively enabled?? What kind of nonsense it this? Let me ask you a question nicorulez... when you buy a new video card for your PC will it support a resolution of 1920X1080 without you installing the drivers? Obviously the answer is NO so what you typed in that post of yours makes absolutely no sense what so ever.
__________________
EVGA 8800GTX; Asus MSN-SLI Deluxe mobo; Athlon X2 5200+(225X13/2.93GHZ); Corsair XMS TWIN2X (1024X4); WD Raptor 150GB HD; MAXTOR 500GB HD; CL X-Fi XtremeGamer; Xbox360 HD-DVD; Plextor 18X DVD-RW/+RW; Dell 2707WFP

Registered Linux User # 444118 Xbox360 GamerTag: StryderXx PSN ID: StryderXx


Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
Gamers are the most unhappy and miserable consumer group I know of. Just sit back, relax and have fun.
ENU291 is offline  
Old 03-29-07, 07:46 AM   #88
ViN86
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15,486
Default Re: Funny how the 360 is the more expensive next gen console

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
Except not everyone wants the HD DVD drive whereas with the PS3, you have no choice and you're paying for that lack of choice.

You can't add in the cost of an optional addon just because it's there.
yea, well, youll want the HD-DVD player when Bill Gates is holding a LOADED GUN TO YOUR HEAD!









ViN86 is offline  
Old 03-29-07, 08:30 AM   #89
nicorulez
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Flo Rida
Posts: 195
Default Re: Funny how the 360 is the more expensive next gen console

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENU291
Hey homeboy... you forgot to add the extra cost to upgrade the PS3's hard drive to 120gb. Add $80-$100 to the cost of the PS3 and your argument just flew out the window!
Hey there, at least with the PS3 you get a quiet system, a Blu-Ray Drive (which is superior to the Panasonics BTW), WiFi and HDMI. You guys also lose the ugly brick. Say what you will and defend the 360 and god forbid Wii all you want, the PS3 will likely win this generation. I will make a thread about this in a couple of years. Maybe you guys would want to chime in then.

BTW, Zelda you are truly the most idiotic and stupid person on this thread. Six hundred bucks would be a months salary; that would cost you the ability to play Mario Cart. EA's outgoing CEO stated clearly he expected Sony to win but lose marketshare. Forbes has stated that Sony will likely win, but that MS is making up much ground. Show me a link to a viable financial based website and show me differently. PS...xbox.com does not count.
nicorulez is offline  
Old 03-29-07, 08:38 AM   #90
nicorulez
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Flo Rida
Posts: 195
Default Re: Funny how the 360 is the more expensive next gen console

Another question for the geniuses on this board . A few generations ago, PC gamers were equally as outraged when it became clear you had to upgrade to a DVD player. When the PS2 came out with DVD, it spurred that format and literally transformed gaming as we know it. Bear with me, I know it is complicated. You see, if you go to the store now all PC software is DVD based. In five years, it will likely be Blu Ray or HDDVD based. I don't know who is going to win, but I do know who is winning right now (ehhh...Blu Ray). Now that we have similarly powerful HiDef machines, when do you think game data with all the AI, textures, gameplay, etc will require more than a DVD can give them. In three years, will the PS3 have more impressive games because they have more storage? Reasonable question that not even Vinny or EvilChris can answer. Remember, the 360 cannot use the HDDVD add-on to play games. Just a thought; imagine playing Doom 3 or Far Cry based on a CD based system. Pain in the butt. But heck, I digress as the 360 is flawless.

http://blogs.business2.com/utilitybe..._sales_tr.html
nicorulez is offline  
Old 03-29-07, 08:47 AM   #91
superklye
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: MKE
Posts: 13,629
Default Re: Funny how the 360 is the more expensive next gen console

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicorulez
Hey there, at least with the PS3 you get a quiet system, a Blu-Ray Drive (which is superior to the Panasonics BTW), WiFi and HDMI. You guys also lose the ugly brick. Say what you will and defend the 360 and god forbid Wii all you want, the PS3 will likely win this generation. I will make a thread about this in a couple of years. Maybe you guys would want to chime in then.

BTW, Zelda you are truly the most idiotic and stupid person on this thread. Six hundred bucks would be a months salary; that would cost you the ability to play Mario Cart. EA's outgoing CEO stated clearly he expected Sony to win but lose marketshare. Forbes has stated that Sony will likely win, but that MS is making up much ground. Show me a link to a viable financial based website and show me differently. PS...xbox.com does not count.
$600 is a month's salary? Wow. That's less than 1/4 of my take-home every month AFTER taxes. I'm glad I'm not back working at Arby's for $5.15/hr anymore.

And so the reason the PS3 is going to win is because it's quieter and doesn't have an ugly power brick?

Ah yes, of course. How could I overlook those two incredibly important aspects while concentrating on something so minor as the fact it costs, as you said, a month's salary.
superklye is offline  
Old 03-29-07, 08:50 AM   #92
ViN86
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15,486
Default Re: Funny how the 360 is the more expensive next gen console

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicorulez
Hey there, at least with the PS3 you get a quiet system, a Blu-Ray Drive (which is superior to the Panasonics BTW), WiFi and HDMI. You guys also lose the ugly brick. Say what you will and defend the 360 and god forbid Wii all you want, the PS3 will likely win this generation. I will make a thread about this in a couple of years. Maybe you guys would want to chime in then.
yes, i see it clearly now! the rain is gone! a quiet system is what ive always wanted!!!! i dont need to play games or have a good interface, and i sure as hell dont want it to be fun, i just need it to be quiet!! thanks for enlightening me oh mighty troll.

and dont call Zelda stupid, he knows a lot more than you do about this sort of thing. also, you still dont fully understand high definition video (i can tell from reading your other posts).

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicorulez
Another question for the geniuses on this board . A few generations ago, PC gamers were equally as outraged when it became clear you had to upgrade to a DVD player. When the PS2 came out with DVD, it spurred that format and literally transformed gaming as we know it. Bear with me, I know it is complicated. You see, if you go to the store now all PC software is DVD based. In five years, it will likely be Blu Ray or HDDVD based. I don't know who is going to win, but I do know who is winning right now (ehhh...Blu Ray). Now that we have similarly powerful HiDef machines, when do you think game data with all the AI, textures, gameplay, etc will require more than a DVD can give them. In three years, will the PS3 have more impressive games because they have more storage? Reasonable question that not even Vinny or EvilChris can answer. Remember, the 360 cannot use the HDDVD add-on to play games. Just a thought; imagine playing Doom 3 or Far Cry based on a CD based system. Pain in the butt. But heck, I digress as the 360 is flawless.

http://blogs.business2.com/utilitybe..._sales_tr.html
a dual layer DVD is more than enough for games, and this will be fact for quite some time. you think they dont know how to compress textures and things? cmon man, theyve been doin this for years. the need for a 15GB or 30GB or 50 GB disc in the immediate future is non-existent. what a BS argument.
ViN86 is offline  

Old 03-29-07, 09:00 AM   #93
Burner_Tbird2
The Objectivist Gamer
 
Burner_Tbird2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 275
Default Re: Funny how the 360 is the more expensive next gen console

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENU291
Hey homeboy... you forgot to add the extra cost to upgrade the PS3's hard drive to 120gb. Add $80-$100 to the cost of the PS3 and your argument just flew out the window!
OK OK if you REALLY want to go piece for piece I will; the price difference is still there.

XBox Elite - $479.99
HD-DVD - $199.99
Wireless Adapter - $79.99
Charge and Play Kit for Controller - $19.99
12-Month Subscription to Xbox Live - $49.99

Xbox Total - $829.95

PS3 60Gb - $599.99
Logitech Headset - $49.99
Component Cables - $9.49
High Quality HDMI Cable - $29.95
Fujitsu 60 B 2.5" HD - $64.88

PS3 Total - $754.30

Now I understand everyone who's saying Xbox gives the end-user choice of options. I'm saying that for those that want everything a console has to offer the PS3 is the cheaper option.

PS- ENU291 I'm not your Homeboy, I'm trying to keep this discussion respectful as is Marvel_Us, not all PS3 proponents are fanatics
__________________
2600k @4.6GHz
eVGA 470GTX
ASUS P8Z68
8Gb G.Skill 1600
Silverstone 750W PSU
Corsair H80 Liquid Cooler
http://www.patriotsjetteam.com

PSN: BurnerDeuce
Folding For nVNews Team #35216
Burner_Tbird2 is offline  
Old 03-29-07, 09:05 AM   #94
nicorulez
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Flo Rida
Posts: 195
Default Re: Funny how the 360 is the more expensive next gen console

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86
yes, i see it clearly now! the rain is gone! a quiet system is what ive always wanted!!!! i dont need to play games or have a good interface, and i sure as hell dont want it to be fun, i just need it to be quiet!! thanks for enlightening me oh mighty troll.

and dont call Zelda stupid, he knows a lot more than you do about this sort of thing. also, you still dont fully understand high definition video (i can tell from reading your other posts).


a dual layer DVD is more than enough for games, and this will be fact for quite some time. you think they dont know how to compress textures and things? cmon man, theyve been doin this for years. the need for a 15GB or 30GB or 50 GB disc in the immediate future is non-existent. what a BS argument.
I completely understand the difference between interlaced and progressive moron. I gurantee I know more about home theater than you. I also suspect I know more about the differences of 480i/480p/720p/1080i and 1080p. One thing that the poster mentioned before and that I misunderstood was the software upgrade for the 360. I have researched and understand now that the 360 has a native scaler. So he is correct; I am sorry for the error. The PS3 made the mistake of not having a scaler. So, both systems have their strengths and weaknesses.

Zelda is an idiot; he spews BS without any supporting data. Your link in your thread is specious at best and more likely dubious. It is making a lot of assertions that unless you are a programmer with both pieces of hardware would be hard to surmise. The creator of the new Metal Gear has stated in interviews that the game could only be done on the PS3. I don't know if I quite believe that. I feel that the 360 has a very elegant GPU considering it is a year and a half old; it is a damn fine system. However, it has flaws. They should have put in a bigger harddrive and HDMI for those with it earlier. They also needed to lose the unsightly
power brick. It is also loud as hell; not too enjoyable when it sounds like you are at the airport; my C2D pc is quieter. Regardless, you defend the 360 to your death Vin. I am making an educated guess that despite its flaws, the PS3 will eventually win this console war.

BTW, your argument about DVD being enough is utterly asinine. The game Resistance already used over 16 GB of space. It is a first gen game. Lets see what awaits in the future. BTW, the max capacity of dual layer DVD's is a shade under 10GB. Where do you think games are going to be in three years. Look back at 2004 and you will see what I am talking about. Games are gotten progressively more demanding. It will continue.
nicorulez is offline  
Old 03-29-07, 09:06 AM   #95
superklye
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: MKE
Posts: 13,629
Default Re: Funny how the 360 is the more expensive next gen console

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner_Tbird2
Now I understand everyone who's saying Xbox gives the end-user choice of options. I'm saying that for those that want everything a console has to offer the PS3 is the cheaper option.
Don't forget that you have to factor in the cost of games for the 360 since, you know, there's actually stuff to play.
superklye is offline  
Old 03-29-07, 09:09 AM   #96
nicorulez
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Flo Rida
Posts: 195
Default Re: Funny how the 360 is the more expensive next gen console

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilchris
No, he doesn't. He also doesn't realize a 1080p TV will deinterlace 1080i to p anyway resulting in the EXACT SAME thing.
Yes I do you idiot. It is the difference between interlaced and progressive. Trust me, I am smarter, more educated and know infinitely more about home theater than you. You are churlish and puerile (look em up; education is a good thing).
nicorulez is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Console Killers News Archived News Items 0 06-11-12 10:10 PM
Epic Games on next gen console specs Logical Console World 5 05-24-12 04:17 PM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.