Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-30-07, 12:25 AM   #73
sirplayalot

Default Re: GTA:IV Trailer....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter Bandit
Doesn't really matter. The difference in graphics between the two consoles is something you actually have to look for, so basically they'll look the same.
I am interested in how they will perform on the 2 consoles. I hate having both, now I dont know which I should get it for!

Main rig
ASUS P8P67 Deluxe | Intel Core i7-2700k | 16GB (4x4) DDR3 | 2x Diamond Radeon 7970 Crossfire | Corsair 850W PSU | Asus 27" VG278HE 144hz | Win 7 Ultimate

Proud owner of a PS3, Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii and gaming PC!
Why argue which ones better when you can just play on all of them?
sirplayalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-07, 12:27 AM   #74
S.I.N
UnRegistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Wonder if either version will have ingame advertising... GTAs world is perfect for it and well MS does now own one of the largest ingame advertising companies...
I hope it doesnt. One of the best parts of GTA is those gimmic ads they have. That trailer alone had a few.
S.I.N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-07, 01:32 AM   #75
Bearclaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxikneedle
Yay back to Liberty City, graphics truely did look amazing. I always love games set in NY.... since thats where I live
QFT on the setting. That is a huge factor on why I liked GTAIII the best. It had that city downtown feeling. This is looking even better. I am excited.
Old 03-30-07, 01:59 AM   #76
Badboy_12345

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirplayalot
I am interested in how they will perform on the 2 consoles. I hate having both, now I dont know which I should get it for!
its easy for me I also have both but the x360 has achievements
If the ps3 version isn't MUCH better then Ill get the x360 one
Badboy_12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-07, 02:00 AM   #77
Geordan

Frick I am so stoked on this game. That trailer is set to Philip Glass music and copies the style of the movie he scored koyaanisqatsi, definitely worth a watch.

I like it that the main guy is like a russian crime lord, that is sweet.
Geordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-07, 02:35 AM   #78
Mr_LoL
Bush's Doppleganger

Wow. Looks really good. Shame theres no countryside though. I am also a bit disappointed that they are going back to liberty city again. I would have liked somewhere like Chicago.
Core i5 2500K@ 4.5, KFA2 GTX 570, Gigabyte Z68, 8GB Corsair XMS 1600MHZ, Antec Truepower New 650w, Coolermaster Storm Sniper, 1TB Samsung F1, Yamakasi Catleap 27", Samsung 245B, Asus Xonar DG...blah blah blah
Mr_LoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-07, 02:38 AM   #79
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaahu_Akbar
Wow. Looks really good. Shame theres no countryside though. I am also a bit disappointed that they are going back to liberty city again. I would have liked somewhere like Chicago.
The look and feel seems more authentic this time, doesn't resemble Liberty City from the other game that's for sure.

And I wouldn't be suprised if this version was actually the 360, the lighting just has this strange haze about it. See alot it in 360 games.
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Peoples-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-07, 02:48 AM   #80
Mr_LoL
Bush's Doppleganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples-Agent
The look and feel seems more authentic this time, doesn't resemble Liberty City from the other game that's for sure.

And I wouldn't be suprised if this version was actually the 360, the lighting just has this strange haze about it. See alot it in 360 games.
I know it may not resemble Liberty City from the other games but we had Liberty city in GTA III and Liberty city stories on the psp and ps2. I really hope rockstar have a few more aces up their sleeves. There are countless other cities they could have chosen as well tbh. Hopefully its not a GTA III revamp.
*EDIT*
Flatmate has informed me the first San Andreas trailer was titled "Welcome to Los Santos" So there may be more to this than meets the eye.
Core i5 2500K@ 4.5, KFA2 GTX 570, Gigabyte Z68, 8GB Corsair XMS 1600MHZ, Antec Truepower New 650w, Coolermaster Storm Sniper, 1TB Samsung F1, Yamakasi Catleap 27", Samsung 245B, Asus Xonar DG...blah blah blah
Mr_LoL is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-30-07, 08:14 AM   #81
christos

After having 3 cities and the suburban and wilderness type areas in San Andreas, I wonder if this version will include Long Island, or something along those lines.
christos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-07, 08:20 AM   #82
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badboy_12345
its easy for me I also have both but the x360 has achievements
If the ps3 version isn't MUCH better then Ill get the x360 one
The only difference I can see the PS3 having is probably better load times thanks to the HD being used by default, Sound quality could be improved aswell due to them being able to use more relaxed compression on the audio but thats a toss up. HD Load times is a given though, X360 will have it aswell hopefully but its not quarenteed since they have to code it for the X360 to expect users not to have an HD.
Old 03-30-07, 08:35 AM   #83
christos

Also, regarding the differences between the 360 and PS3, hopefully by the time GTA IV is released, the PS3 version will have their trophy system in Home in place - negating the achievements advantage of the 360.
christos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-07, 09:01 AM   #84
Marvel_us
FOOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by christos
Also, regarding the differences between the 360 and PS3, hopefully by the time GTA IV is released, the PS3 version will have their trophy system in Home in place - negating the achievements advantage of the 360.
Yup, if Home is out then I think this will be the game that will showcase the new trophy room section.

60gb PS3 Owner
PSNid: Marvel_us
Marvel_us is offline   Reply With Quote