Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > General Hardware

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-25-07, 04:12 PM   #1
Mr Bigman
Strongest Man On Earth

Send a message via AIM to Mr Bigman Send a message via MSN to Mr Bigman Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Bigman
Default Logitech Quickcam Pro 5000

I got one of these yesterday and im not all that satisified with it over the Communicate STX.

I have to run back ground light to get good framerates or it blures when i move around, and there are USB options that allow bandwidth to be adjusted by the driver but when i disable that option, it turns right back on.

I thought i was getting a top end webcam, but its no better than what i had before.

And even the quickcam 10 software, don't use it cuz it don't like XFI mixer and messes with network settings.
Three EVGA 285 SLI
Antec 1200
Corsiar 1000 HX Power Supply
2 OCZ SSD Hard Drives
4 wd black edition raid 2 setups for 4TB

Old 03-25-07, 05:58 PM   #2
Inf1n1tyComplex
Perverted Old Man

Default Re: Logitech Quickcam Pro 5000

Allow me to translate your post for you :-

Bitch..Bitch...Moan...Moan...

Have you tried re-installing the drivers or going to their website and seeing if their is an update for the software/drivers... And usually if you want good quality cam for your pc you need to spend alot more money although all the money in the world spent on a cam wont do any good if your computer specs are low...
CPU: Q9650 RAM: 4x2GB OCZ PC28500 Motherboard: ASUS Striker II Formula VideoCard: ASUS GTX 280 in sli SoundCard: Creative X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty Champion Hard Drive: 2 x 300 gig WD VelociRaptor & 10 x 1TB Seagate using HIGHPOINT ROCKET RAID 2322 Primary Monitor: Dell 30" WFP-HC Secondary Monitor: 46” Sony KDL46X2000 X-Series 1080P LCD Case: Thermaltake Spedo Advance PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower 1200W Keyboard + Mouse: G15 + Razer Lachesis Speakers: Logitech Z-5500 Digital

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemption of Althalus
Did you notice that Brother Bheid? Did i notice what Althalus? When Argan the unfrocked priest was making a sermen thier was a rather large noticeable buldge in his pants... So? Brother Bheid how about telling us your favourite sermen while we stare at your crotch...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Bigman
It's every man's dream to have a penis so large that they have to hire a small boy to carry it for them...
Inf1n1tyComplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-07, 09:45 PM   #3
DiscipleDOC

Bigman,
Try uninstalling the drivers and then reboot your machine, and then disable you antivirus software, and then reinstall. It should work after then.
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-07, 01:27 PM   #4
Mr Bigman
Strongest Man On Earth

Send a message via AIM to Mr Bigman Send a message via MSN to Mr Bigman Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Bigman

I was checking out Logitech forums and folks their claim issues to quickcam10 software.

I found out that using better lighting helped the problem i was having, but if i use the latest version of quickcam10 , you get msinstaller errors in event viewer, and issues with XFI vol.

But i tried the uninstall, reboot, reinstall, but no luck. Im using the version on the cd and seems to work ok for now till they fix stuff.
Three EVGA 285 SLI
Antec 1200
Corsiar 1000 HX Power Supply
2 OCZ SSD Hard Drives
4 wd black edition raid 2 setups for 4TB