Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-28-07, 12:33 AM   #1
Marvel_us
FOOL!

Default Yosuke Hayashi Interview: Ninja Gaiden Sigma

He seems to be impressed with Heavenly Sword as well. Check out the full interview at the link below.

Quote:
Can you talk about the overall graphics and what people can expect on the PS3?

The developers that say it's too hard to develop for the PS3 and complain about it are missing the point. It sounds like an excuse to the consumer to us."--Yosuke Hayashi, director for Ninja Gaiden Sigma on the PlayStation 3.

It's not so much that we brought the game over to the PS3 as it is we more or less are recreating Ninja Gaiden with the most up-to-date graphic techniques in order to take advantage of the hardware. In order to have this be a great experience for both people who are new to the series as well as those who've enjoyed it since the beginning, we want to provide an experience that looks totally new and fresh. One of the best ways to do that was to have a game that runs at a 1080p with a constant 60 fps, and utilizes real-time self-shadowing. No other game as accomplished all three of these goals at once.

How do you feel about PlayStation Home and are you going to use that?

I think Home is an interesting concept and something that will be interesting to people. We'd love to implement compatibility but unfortunately Sony hasn't provided any of the tools needed to implement it. If you wanted to wait for the game to come out for a few more moths we'd be able to, but I don't think anybody wants that. I hope Sony gets on the ball with giving the developers the tools they need to implement Home, but right now I just look at it as an observer.
http://www.gametrailers.com/viewnews.php?id=4312

EDIT: Check out the new comparison between the original NG for Xbox and NG: Sigma for PS3. This game looks so damn nice.

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/10182

60gb PS3 Owner
PSNid: Marvel_us
Marvel_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-07, 11:36 AM   #2
OWA

Default Re: Yosuke Hayashi Interview: Ninja Gaiden Sigma

Sounds good.

I can't check links here at work so is the Ninja Gaiden series a fighting game? I never got it for the xbox although I seem to remember people here recommending it.
OWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-07, 11:39 AM   #3
|MaguS|

Action Game... one that will cost you over $100 bucks in time when you start replacing your controllers...
Old 03-28-07, 01:14 PM   #4
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

I liked the version on the xbox, and somewhat sad that I can't get it on the 360... but then again, my frustration levels will be at better levels becuase of it.
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
thor1182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-07, 03:09 PM   #5
Camp0rz
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter Bandit
Has it been announced as a PS3 exclusive? Surely it will make its way to the 360 at some point.
Sigma is the same ninja gaiden that was out on xbox a few years ago, just revamped with better textures. I'm sure it has all the live content that was released for it too.
Camp0rz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-07, 03:41 PM   #6
Burner_Tbird2
The Objectivist Gamer

Sigma also has a new playable character (the S&M chick) and new weapons for Ryu (or at least one new weapon based on trailer footage).
8Gb G.Skill 1600
Silverstone 750W PSU
Corsair H80 Liquid Cooler
http://www.patriotsjetteam.com

PSN: BurnerDeuce
Folding For nVNews Team #35216
Burner_Tbird2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-07, 03:57 PM   #7
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp0rz
Sigma is the same ninja gaiden that was out on xbox a few years ago, just revamped with better textures. I'm sure it has all the live content that was released for it too.
It's far more then just texture work, the entire game was rebuilt. The engine now supports HDR, Higher Polygon count characters and 1080p @ 60FPS, its not just a Tekken 5 job.
Old 03-29-07, 04:28 PM   #8
Camp0rz
*BANNED*

Yeah from what I read they've reworked the visuals a lot. I just meant for the most part it is still the same game. Or at least so similar to the original xbox version that it doesn't warrant a re-re-release(NG: black) on the 360.

I'm curious as to how Ninja Gaiden 2 will be released. If it could still be an exclusive or if they will launch it on multiple consoles.
Camp0rz is offline   Reply With Quote