Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-30-07, 10:48 AM   #13
Zelda_fan

Default Re: Will this work with the 360 and wii?

This WILL NOT work with the Wii. To work with the Wii you will need something that accepts a component or composite input. This display accepts neither, so you'd have to get a converter to do it. The XBOX 360 will work with it no problem.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-07, 10:49 AM   #14
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86
hmm, i wonder if all the copyright owners are freaking out about this... i mean without HDCP, it's possible to rip the HD-DVD at full resolution, right? (manually rip it with a video in as opposed to doing it with a software tool, or maybe i dont understand what HDCP actually does...?)
The signal that they send over USB would be encrypted so you can't exactly "rip" it. But to date, no disc used HDCP that I'm aware of so it's not really an issue. The bigger problem with HD-DVD piracy is where are you going to get 30GB of bandwidth over the internet? The technology just isn't there to pirate it yet.
Old 03-30-07, 10:57 AM   #15
|MaguS|

Um, I have no bandwidth limit on my connection, if I wanted to I could easily download 30GB movies. It would take awhile but nothing but time is stopping me, and well that I don't support piracy.

BTW there are already plenty of HD-DVD rips on the internet...
Old 03-30-07, 11:06 AM   #16
DJMONDY

Quote:
i use my 2407 with my 360 via a VGA cable (its like $30-$40). it looks awesome and runs at 1920x1200 resolution. however, be forewarned that there is one issue with the 2407 and the 1920x1200 resolution.

at this resolution, you get these horizontal lines in the screen (faded and small, but still visible). this is an issue with the sharpness. if you lower the sharpness from 50 to 30, these lines disappear and all is well. if you run the resolution at the next lowest setting (1366x768 i think...?) these lines go away as well.

if you have any more questions about this, let me know (if i dont answer here, PM me). also, if you google it you can find a lot of ppl talkin about it. its not that big of a deal really, and the lowered sharpness is not recognizable imo. however, i do think the image is better at 1920x1200. (maybe it's all in my head)

PS - i love my 2407, one of the best purchases ive ever made.
Your just the person i need to speak to!

What exactly is the response time on this screen? most sites say 6ms but dell's site says 16ms and 6ms. i dont get it?
DJMONDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-07, 11:23 AM   #17
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Um, I have no bandwidth limit on my connection, if I wanted to I could easily download 30GB movies. It would take awhile but nothing but time is stopping me, and well that I don't support piracy.

Neither do I but I'm talking about where are pirates going to find SERVERS that are willing to host multiple 30GB files for download? I don't even think Microsoft servers host downloads that big.
Old 03-30-07, 11:30 AM   #18
kevJ420
*BANNED*

Quote:

I was wondering where you could buy a setup like you have w/ no bandwidth limit. that's great. What's your download/upload speed?

I hope the time comes soon, so there would be a chance for uncompressed music and cutscenes and longer games.
kevJ420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-07, 11:34 AM   #19
kevJ420
*BANNED*

anyways, the elite will definately support hdcp. if they have any sense they would.
kevJ420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-07, 12:08 PM   #20
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevpla1@cox.net
anyways, the elite will definately support hdcp. if they have any sense they would.
While HDCP is totally useless for DVDs and video games (neither will ever use HDCP encryption), it will be useful for the HD-DVD addon, so yes, the 360 elite will support HDCP.

Old 03-30-07, 12:14 PM   #21
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan
Neither do I but I'm talking about where are pirates going to find SERVERS that are willing to host multiple 30GB files for download? I don't even think Microsoft servers host downloads that big.
Pirates don't use hosted servers, they either make their own or use clients like IRC or Bittorrent where the bandwidth is provided by the user not a server.

Kevpla, Im on a 10Mb/1Mb connection. Its pretty pricey when compared to what the people with FIOS get.
Old 03-30-07, 02:13 PM   #22
ViN86

Quote:

its not really 30GB anyways. with encryption (namely DivX and XVid) the files are nowhere near this size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan
torrents...

Quote:
Pirates don't use hosted servers, they either make their own or use clients like IRC or Bittorrent where the bandwidth is provided by the user not a server.

Kevpla, Im on a 10Mb/1Mb connection. Its pretty pricey when compared to what the people with FIOS get.
they upgraded my home Roadrunner connection (through Time Warner) to 10Mb/1Mb without increasing the cost. they did it a couple months ago.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-07, 02:16 PM   #23
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMONDY
Your just the person i need to speak to!

What exactly is the response time on this screen? most sites say 6ms but dell's site says 16ms and 6ms. i dont get it?
the response is very good. im not really sensitive to ghosting to begin with, but i dont notice anything.

with respect to the two response times, they are probably the times for different methods. the lower value usually represents GTG or gray-to-gray response time, which is lower than actual response time for black to color.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-07, 02:55 PM   #24
|MaguS|

Quote:
its not really 30GB anyways. with encryption (namely DivX and XVid) the files are nowhere near this size.

torrents...

they upgraded my home Roadrunner connection (through Time Warner) to 10Mb/1Mb without increasing the cost. they did it a couple months ago.
There are actual HD-DVD isos available... you know the whole disc without compression.

Yeah, I have Roadrunner, its still pricey compared to FIOS.