Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-30-07, 04:06 PM   #25
ViN86

Default Re: Will this work with the 360 and wii?

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
There are actual HD-DVD isos available... you know the whole disc without compression.
whoa, thats crazy. they can only be mounted/played, though, right? cause HD-DVD/Blu-Ray burners arent available currently...
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-07, 04:09 PM   #26
|MaguS|

Blu-Ray Burners have been available for sometime now...
Old 03-30-07, 04:27 PM   #27
ViN86

Quote:
Blu-Ray Burners have been available for sometime now...
heh im so behind on this high def media stuff...

btw, dont want to threadcrap. so DJMONDY, if you got any more questions, keep em comin
Old 03-30-07, 08:22 PM   #28
Lyme

Quote:
There are actual HD-DVD isos available... you know the whole disc without compression.
Not wanting to piss in your cereal, but the 15gig HD-DVD iso's are compressed using vc-1 or mpeg2. A hour long uncompressed high definition video segment takes 75+ gigs of space. I think what you mean is un-encrypted, as in, it doesn't have any copy protection on it.
Lyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-07, 08:32 PM   #29
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyme
Not wanting to piss in your cereal, but the 15gig HD-DVD iso's are compressed using vc-1 or mpeg2. A hour long uncompressed high definition video segment takes 75+ gigs of space. I think what you mean is un-encrypted, as in, it doesn't have any copy protection on it.
Wow are you a tool or what. When I said compressed I ment in divx or xvid, I know the video is already compressed on the actual disk you retard, all content is compressed on there respected media.

As in my reply to his comment...
Quote:
its not really 30GB anyways. with encryption (namely DivX and XVid) the files are nowhere near this size.
I know you like the sound of your own voice but sometimes you need to just sit back and read.
Old 04-01-07, 10:20 PM   #30
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan
While HDCP is totally useless for DVDs and video games (neither will ever use HDCP encryption), it will be useful for the HD-DVD addon, so yes, the 360 elite will support HDCP.
It's official, The X360 Elite will NOT support HDCP. HDMI in the Elite is only version 1.2 so HDCP is not supported nor is 5.1 supported. Users will have to deal with 2 channel sound when using HDMI without a reciever, since the unit also does not support Optical Out without a special cable (its on the VGA and Component cables, not the actual console).

Bitch about Sony all you want but atleast they are doing things right when it comes to use HDMI and HD Playback. This all seems half assed...

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=6734
Old 04-01-07, 10:39 PM   #31
GamerGuyX

I bitched to Amir on AVS about the 360 Elite supporting a maximum of 2 channel PCM through HDMI and my posts got deleted.

[url="http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=35216"]Folding for Team# 35216 : NvNews + OSNN + SP[/URL]
GamerGuyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-07, 02:17 AM   #32
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter Bandit
Only HDMI 1.2? Still no optical audio output? Only 2 channels through HDMI?
Why did they even bother putting an HDMI output on the console?

Basically it's a 360 with a black case, bigger hard drive, and a ridiculous price increase.

In any event, if I was to buy a new 360 this is still the model I'd want...it's just not quite as tempting anymore.
yea, the whole release seems unnecessary.

they should just do a wicked price drop instead of a whole new system. a wicked pricedrop on the 360's could drive Sony into the ground. but nope, they decided to release the Elite. oh well, im not payin $500 for it.

Old 04-02-07, 04:22 AM   #33
DJMONDY

ViN86 Im pritty much sold tbh mate

Im just getting the money togeather to get one. ebay seems to be my best choice as their going quite cheap on there.

I think the only thing this screen hasnt got is hdmi. apart from that its perfect!

Oh another question. i understand theres a speaker attachment for this particular model? have you got one and how are they?

Cheers

I'll probably have more questions when i come to buying one
DJMONDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-07, 09:01 AM   #34
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86
yea, the whole release seems unnecessary.

they should just do a wicked price drop instead of a whole new system. a wicked pricedrop on the 360's could drive Sony into the ground. but nope, they decided to release the Elite. oh well, im not payin $500 for it.
And you know what, People will still compare the Elite to the PS3 just because it has HDMI even though its far more crippled then the PS3.
Old 04-02-07, 09:09 AM   #35
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

I would like to see a few more confirmations of the 1.2 before I believe what was said. Even with that being said, I don't have a receiver that can take in HDMI, so I would be using the optical out on the back of my TV (hoping thats how it works) and sending that to my receiver. I am not jumping to replace it with a 1k unit that can take HDMI in that may itself only be 1.2.

And I also don't know if I could hear a difference either. To me it would be just a different option for video out.
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
thor1182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-07, 12:53 PM   #36
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

what is and isn't gimped there is yet to be told. It does seem that there is not a lot of dedicated hardware that can do it in the box, so its done in software. From what the post said, it sounded like they could do more, but didn't like the performance hit.

I would have liked to seen the HDMI part done right (i.e. 1.3 and all that audio right). Noting the fact that I wouldn't be able to tell with the hardware I have and I am not interested in replacing my receiver.

Its no real shock that its not the best HD player out there. Its more of a "I can do that too" sort of thing. It seems like they are more focused on the game side of things, and thats fine with me.
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
thor1182 is offline   Reply With Quote