Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Microsoft Windows XP And Vista

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-28-07, 03:11 PM   #1
nrs421

Default i've just uninstalled vista

i been trying it for a few days and while it looks great it's annoying.....my printer and scanner dont work....nero and deskskape are giving me headaches. i'm not installing this again until SP1 is out.
nrs421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-07, 04:23 PM   #2
Euphoria
--- ephor ---

Default Re: i've just uninstalled vista

Good luck dude. Installed it on mine and reformatted in one week. I am back to Windows XP and Open Suse. I love it!

Vista is the biggest piece of trash released from MS it reminds me of Windows ME. That is why we'll see next year a new OS under name Longhorn.
Euphoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-07, 04:53 PM   #3
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

how excactly do you "uninstall" an OS?
Old 03-28-07, 04:54 PM   #4
Dragunov
Mister Anderson ... !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria
Good luck dude. Installed it on mine and reformatted in one week. I am back to Windows XP and Open Suse. I love it!

Vista is the biggest piece of trash released from MS it reminds me of Windows ME. That is why we'll see next year a new OS under name Longhorn.
Alot of bullsh*t is said here

Vista is no trash at all, it's just a complete different OS, no problems at all!!!

Of course there are bugs, maybe lots of bugs, but the developers of 3rd party software needs to make their software compatible, some just gonna ride on the new OS (Adobe --> Photoshop CS2 is not going to be made compatible, so u need to buy Photoshop CS3, same with the other software of them)

This OS had the codename Longhorn, so I don't know where u get those name for the next OS, we gonna see a new Longhorn appear, yes, but that's Longhorn Server, so a server, not a client....
- MSI Geforce 8800GTS 640MB
- Creative X-Fi Elite Pro
- Seagate 320GB 7200/10
- WD Caviar 750GB
- Logitech MX-518
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit NL

3D mark 05: 13321

3D Mark 06: 8065
Dragunov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-07, 05:02 PM   #5
$n][pErMan
III%

Send a message via AIM to $n][pErMan

Ever sence I upgraded my PC.... Vista has been good to me. All my games work just fine with no problems. I miss Nero though... for now I am just using Roxio .. lol.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 @ 3.51GHz (390 x 9 / 1.39v) | ASUS P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP LGA 775 Intel P965 (1236 BIOS) | OCZ GOLD 8GB (2GB x 4) DDR2 PC2-8500 Dual Channel (4-4-4-12 780Mhz/1.95V 1:1 Ratio) | EVGA GeForce GTX 460 1GB GDDR5 (Currently @ 835MHz Core / 4200MHz Memory) | Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS | Zalman CNPS9700 LED Ultra Quiet CPU Cooler | Samsung SSD 840 Series 256GB | ASUS ProArt 24in Widescreen LED 1920 x 1200 | Samsung DVD-RW-DL 18x Burner w/ lightscribe| SILVERSTONE OP650 ATX12V / EPS12V 650W Power Supply | AOpen 5.1 Surround sound system | Windows 7 Pro x64
100% Orthos Stable!
$n][pErMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-07, 05:03 PM   #6
Dragunov
Mister Anderson ... !!!

I use the latest version of Nero, Nero 7, always worked fine for me
- MSI Geforce 8800GTS 640MB
- Creative X-Fi Elite Pro
- Seagate 320GB 7200/10
- WD Caviar 750GB
- Logitech MX-518
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit NL

3D mark 05: 13321

3D Mark 06: 8065
Dragunov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-07, 05:06 PM   #7
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

nero worked great for me since the first day i installed vista

maybe trying a new OS, is to complicated for most people
Old 03-28-07, 05:16 PM   #8
Belarnion
Crazy Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13
nero worked great for me since the first day i installed vista

maybe trying a new OS, is to complicated for most people
That's pretty much the conclusion I've made myself from my own expreience. I've had to "help" some of my fellow class mates after they migrated to Vista. They had programs lock ups, BSOD's driver problems, install problems and what not. After I helped them out they're floating along quiet happily.

Myself, I've had no real problems with Vista. All my hardware works, all my software works and all my 100 games or so work perfectly. The OS is also more stable (No lock ups yet, Vista has been running nicely without reboot for 2 months now), no spyware, adware, virus, malware or anything. Vista is snappier, makes better use of memory, better use of dual core, uses my video card for something useful.

Yeah. I'm happy.
Belarnion is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-28-07, 05:30 PM   #9
Euphoria
--- ephor ---

OK maybe I did not clarify myself, but Vista as a new OS is ridiculously CPU and Memory demanding. It does not offer me anything that XP can already not do, except eye candy that i can easily achieve by using tweaks and other apps.
Although I still have a pretty decent system: AMD Athlon 64 3800 OCed and 7800gt OCed and 1GB RAM, I still think that VISTA was released too fast and is still buggy and not optimized enough.

I dont think that you should be required to use the newest Video cards just to get the freakin eye candy. I have Open SUSE installed on my Dell Inpiron 700 and it looks way better than VISTA desktop.

US Fed. Govt. banned Vista upgrade on all of their computers for the same reason.

MS Research and MS Development have not upgraded and will not upgrade to VISTA OS, I have couple of friends working there and they have confirmed this for me too, you are more than welcome to double check this info.
Longhorn will come out in a year or so with most of the bugs fixed and hopefully better optimization.

Now if you are one of those people that jump on the first bandwagon than I am sorry...

This is only my opinion so you are more than welcome to flame me and disagree with me.

Cheers!
Old 03-28-07, 05:32 PM   #10
Euphoria
--- ephor ---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belarnion
That's pretty much the conclusion I've made myself from my own expreience. I've had to "help" some of my fellow class mates after they migrated to Vista. They had programs lock ups, BSOD's driver problems, install problems and what not. After I helped them out they're floating along quiet happily.

Myself, I've had no real problems with Vista. All my hardware works, all my software works and all my 100 games or so work perfectly. The OS is also more stable (No lock ups yet, Vista has been running nicely without reboot for 2 months now), no spyware, adware, virus, malware or anything. Vista is snappier, makes better use of memory, better use of dual core, uses my video card for something useful.

Yeah. I'm happy.
BTW I had no problem installing Vista either. Performance wise, my system was slower, and my games ran slower. Vista did not offer me anything more than I already had on my XP System, so I reformated my drive and installed all over again XP and Open SuSe.

Cheers!
Old 03-28-07, 05:42 PM   #11
NrGx
Formerly NrG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria
OK maybe I did not clarify myself, but Vista as a new OS is ridiculously CPU and Memory demanding. It does not offer me anything that XP can already not do, except eye candy that i can easily achieve by using tweaks and other apps.
Although I still have a pretty decent system: AMD Athlon 64 3800 OCed and 7800gt OCed and 1GB RAM, I still think that VISTA was released too fast and is still buggy and not optimized enough.

I dont think that you should be required to use the newest Video cards just to get the freakin eye candy. I have Open SUSE installed on my Dell Inpiron 700 and it looks way better than VISTA desktop.

US Fed. Govt. banned Vista upgrade on all of their computers for the same reason.

MS Research and MS Development have not upgraded and will not upgrade to VISTA OS, I have couple of friends working there and they have confirmed this for me too, you are more than welcome to double check this info.
Longhorn will come out in a year or so with most of the bugs fixed and hopefully better optimization.

Now if you are one of those people that jump on the first bandwagon than I am sorry...

This is only my opinion so you are more than welcome to flame me and disagree with me.

Cheers!
Just reading this post me conclude that you have no right to give advice on OS's.

If you knew anything about Vista (which you obviously don't) then you would know it uses RAM like a pre-cache and this helps to open up programs faster, alt-tab quicker and generally it makes more use of the RAM availiable to you.

As for the fact that it requires a "high-end" GPU to use it (and may I remind you that the GMA950 tuns it just fine), aren't all programs becoming generally more demanding? Do not the newer games stress our PCs more and more? Why shouldn't MS be able to do the same to achieve a beautiful OS like Vista.

All of this is however overshadowed by the fact that you can easily turn off options and tweak vista to your needs. Although, I really don't think it's necessary as Vista IMHO is fine as it is.

Don't put an OS down without knowing anything about the way it works please. I know its considered "cool" to hate on MS...just don't do it.

Nrgx.
2 x 512mb Corsair VS @ DDR434
Seagate 250GB 7200.10 + Maxtor Maxline 80GB
Thermaltake Armor (modded)
CM eXtreme 650W SLI (12V+ @ 36A)
Aquagate LCS + CM Copper waterblock
Viewsonic VX2235WM 22" LCD 5ms

P4 2.26B OC
A64 X2 4200+ OC

3DMARK06: 4759
NrGx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-07, 06:02 PM   #12
Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13
how excactly do you "uninstall" an OS?
According to my Exam Cram 2 70-270 book, you could uninstall Windows XP after upgrading from Windows 98.

Crazy, isn't it?
Q is offline   Reply With Quote