$n][pErMan
III%

Send a message via AIM to $n][pErMan
Default Re: i've just uninstalled vista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragunov
I use the latest version of Nero, Nero 7, always worked fine for me
Ahhh .. I have Nero 6 which is known to have issues
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 @ 3.51GHz (390 x 9 / 1.39v) | ASUS P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP LGA 775 Intel P965 (1236 BIOS) | OCZ GOLD 8GB (2GB x 4) DDR2 PC2-8500 Dual Channel (4-4-4-12 780Mhz/1.95V 1:1 Ratio) | EVGA GeForce GTX 770 DUAL SuperClocked 4GB (Currently @ 1240MHz Core / 7112MHz Memory) | Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS | Zalman CNPS9700 LED Ultra Quiet CPU Cooler | Samsung SSD 840 Series 256GB | ASUS ProArt 24in Widescreen LED 1920 x 1200 | Samsung DVD-RW-DL 18x Burner w/ lightscribe| SILVERSTONE OP650 ATX12V / EPS12V 650W Power Supply | AOpen 5.1 Surround sound system | Windows 7 Pro x64
100% Orthos Stable!
$n][pErMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-07, 06:37 PM   #14
hectorsm

I also went back to XP but not because Vista was bad. My 2GB memory does not seem to be enough for playing BF2 under Vista. There is constant disk access through out the whole game which makes it unplayable.

My analog TV card crashes a lot probably due to immature drivers(not the fault of Vista). I could not find drivers for my old scanner but that was not a big deal.

For now I will hold on to XP. Eventually I will switch back to Vista but right now I feel Vista decreases my system functionality and performance compared to XP.
Old 03-28-07, 06:58 PM   #15
Euphoria
--- ephor ---

Quote:
Originally Posted by NrGx
Just reading this post me conclude that you have no right to give advice on OS's.

If you knew anything about Vista (which you obviously don't) then you would know it uses RAM like a pre-cache and this helps to open up programs faster, alt-tab quicker and generally it makes more use of the RAM availiable to you.

As for the fact that it requires a "high-end" GPU to use it (and may I remind you that the GMA950 tuns it just fine), aren't all programs becoming generally more demanding? Do not the newer games stress our PCs more and more? Why shouldn't MS be able to do the same to achieve a beautiful OS like Vista.

All of this is however overshadowed by the fact that you can easily turn off options and tweak vista to your needs. Although, I really don't think it's necessary as Vista IMHO is fine as it is.

Don't put an OS down without knowing anything about the way it works please. I know its considered "cool" to hate on MS...just don't do it.

Nrgx.
WEll that's your right. After all this is a public forum.
I don't feel about going into the technical details of the Vista OS.
I've been working with computers when you were still learning how to walk... Anyhow I won't comment on my technical qualifications since I don't feel like it will make any difference. If you really know computers and how OS's work you should put one and two together and figure out if the latest MS OS makes sense, from a technical and from a business point of view.
No offense to younger guys here but I don't even know how old you are so therefore I wont get into other arguments that you might not even understand.

You are comparing OS's with 3d game applications and their demand for higher specs, which makes absolutely no sense. Yes new OS with newer set of Sys Apps and Security Apps might require a few extra megs and some more CPU cycles but 2GB RAM for prefetching and a Directx 10 cards for Aero swish freakin eye candy....? You must be joking... =)

I dont hate MS. I liek Windows XP and I have the Xbox 360. Actually I really support some of their other development projects, especially in the Govt. National Security Dept., which you might even not be familiar with.... but power to you my friend, you are free to comment on these forums=)

Cheers!
Euphoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-07, 07:19 PM   #16
tacos4me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria
BTW I had no problem installing Vista either. Performance wise, my system was slower, and my games ran slower. Vista did not offer me anything more than I already had on my XP System, so I reformated my drive and installed all over again XP and Open SuSe.

Cheers!
Funny, all of my programs are much snappier, and while games aren't running quite as well as they are in XP, that's not the fault of Microsoft, but rather NVIDIA. It's a brand new operating system to write drivers for, of course they're not going to get it right within the first few months. You could have said the same thing about XP for the first year or so. Wouldn't surprise me if you did, actually.

Go check out the list of DX10 games in the video card forum. That's what Vista is offering me. Most of those games I'll be playing this year.

Oh, and there is no new operating system "Windows Longhorn". It's a codename for the next version of Windows Server, just like it was for Vista.
Old 03-28-07, 07:28 PM   #17
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by $n][pErMan
Ahhh .. I have Nero 6 which is known to have issues
not the latest updated version from nero.com
Old 03-28-07, 07:28 PM   #18
Euphoria
--- ephor ---

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacos4me
Funny, all of my programs are much snappier, and while games aren't running quite as well as they are in XP, that's not the fault of Microsoft, but rather NVIDIA. It's a brand new operating system to write drivers for, of course they're not going to get it right within the first few months. You could have said the same thing about XP for the first year or so. Wouldn't surprise me if you did, actually.

Go check out the list of DX10 games in the video card forum. That's what Vista is offering me. Most of those games I'll be playing this year.

Oh, and there is no new operating system "Windows Longhorn". It's a codename for the next version of Windows Server, just like it was for Vista.
Yes indeed... I could clearly see the difference, maybe you should try and run some benchmarks you will see lower scores on business and office apps. I think is more noticable on systems with 1 GB of RAM and I think it has to do with the way Vista prefetches and the way it uses caching. Maybe Vista will become better with service packs releases, but only time will show. Oh yeah and get ready to buy a new video card when those DX10 games come out, so you can check out all that eye candy
Whatever, I am not here to flame anyone. It's as plain as this: I don't see any reason what so ever for upgrading now to Vista. You guys that like the new look and that got a whole new system to run the eye candy, I salute you.

I wouldn't spread any rumors on updated OS, but will see I guess with time.

Cheers, and have fun !
Euphoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-07, 07:35 PM   #19
tacos4me

Quote:
It's common knowledge that the only other "Longhorn" is the codename for the next version of Windows Server. You were spreading the rumors.
Old 03-28-07, 08:38 PM   #20
lukrad
*BANNED*

Vista is piece of ****. Superfetch is freaking trash. My system with 2GB of RAM is not enough for BF2, and plenty under XP. Having that fact and the fact that Vista doesn't do any more **** then XP, Vista is a big downgrade from gamer point of view.
lukrad is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-28-07, 08:53 PM   #21
$n][pErMan
III%

Send a message via AIM to $n][pErMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukrad
Vista is piece of ****. Superfetch is freaking trash. My system with 2GB of RAM is not enough for BF2, and plenty under XP. Having that fact and the fact that Vista doesn't do any more **** then XP, Vista is a big downgrade from gamer point of view.
Well BF2 is a poorly coded POS by EA anyway.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13
not the latest updated version from nero.com
Interesting.... is it a patch for Nero 6?? Or I wonder if my Nero 6 has some sort of autoupdate...
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 @ 3.51GHz (390 x 9 / 1.39v) | ASUS P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP LGA 775 Intel P965 (1236 BIOS) | OCZ GOLD 8GB (2GB x 4) DDR2 PC2-8500 Dual Channel (4-4-4-12 780Mhz/1.95V 1:1 Ratio) | EVGA GeForce GTX 770 DUAL SuperClocked 4GB (Currently @ 1240MHz Core / 7112MHz Memory) | Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS | Zalman CNPS9700 LED Ultra Quiet CPU Cooler | Samsung SSD 840 Series 256GB | ASUS ProArt 24in Widescreen LED 1920 x 1200 | Samsung DVD-RW-DL 18x Burner w/ lightscribe| SILVERSTONE OP650 ATX12V / EPS12V 650W Power Supply | AOpen 5.1 Surround sound system | Windows 7 Pro x64
100% Orthos Stable!
$n][pErMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-07, 09:01 PM   #22
kevJ420
*BANNED*

You'll need to reinstall it soon.

And like the person before me said, bf sucks and so does ea.

Good luck.
kevJ420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-07, 10:11 PM   #23
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukrad
haha, what? BF2 runs faster in Vista for me, compared to XP
Old 03-29-07, 05:09 AM   #24
Belarnion
Crazy Scientist

Quote:
Yes indeed... I could clearly see the difference, maybe you should try and run some benchmarks you will see lower scores on business and office apps. I think is more noticable on systems with 1 GB of RAM and I think it has to do with the way Vista prefetches and the way it uses caching. Maybe Vista will become better with service packs releases, but only time will show. Oh yeah and get ready to buy a new video card when those DX10 games come out, so you can check out all that eye candy
Whatever, I am not here to flame anyone. It's as plain as this: I don't see any reason what so ever for upgrading now to Vista. You guys that like the new look and that got a whole new system to run the eye candy, I salute you.

Cheers, and have fun !
What about us who got a brand new system and *then* figured out "let's find a new OS to really show off this system"?

I bought a computer with 4GB RAM, core2duo and 8800GTX *before* I got Vista. Vista really makes this system shine. Pretty much everything (non-driver related) is faster in Vista than XP on this system. Video encoding, CD-ripping, DVD Shrink, SuperPi +++. *Everything* is snappier too. Media Player 11 with thousands of files in its library takes less than a second to load, all windows react perfectly, Office apps takes 2 sec to load, music files start to play instantly, video files start to play instantly, firefox reacts even faster than in XP, No virus, adware or anything, the list goes on.

I don't know what more is expected from a brand new OS?

Mid end systems should not be allowed to be upgraded to Vista.
Belarnion is offline   Reply With Quote