Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-29-07, 03:43 PM   #1
richscum

Post NVS 280 - 2 cards on RHEL - Help pls.

I have a Dell Precision 490 running RHEL4 (update 4) and the Nvidia module version is 1.0-8756. The Kernel version is 2.6.9-42.0.3.ELsmp.

There are two cards installed in the system and each card is connected to two monitors. I use the Molex Connectors.

The problem I have is that I can get only two monitors connected to any one card work at one time. I am unable to get all the 4 monitors working together.

I have attached the xorg.conf file. I am not sure what is wrong with my xorg.conf.

The lspci shows the following:

$> lspci -v | grep -i nvi
05:05.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV34GL [Quadro NVS 280 PCI] (rev a1) (prog-if 00 [VGA])
Subsystem: nVidia Corporation: Unknown device 019f
05:06.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV34GL [Quadro NVS 280 PCI] (rev a1) (prog-if 00 [VGA])
Subsystem: nVidia Corporation: Unknown device 019f

If I change the screen line, then I can send the output to the two monitors connected to one card , so I think the cards themselves are recognised. Making all 4 work together at the same time is what I have troubles with.

Any help is well appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: txt xorg.conf.txt (4.1 KB, 112 views)
richscum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-07, 03:45 PM   #2
netllama
NVIDIA Corporation

Default Re: NVS 280 - 2 cards on RHEL - Help pls.

1.0-8756 is no longer supported. If this problem persists with 1.0-9755, please generate and attach an nvidia-bug-report.log.

thanks,
Lonni
netllama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-07, 03:59 PM   #3
richscum

Default Re: NVS 280 - 2 cards on RHEL - Help pls.

I understand that version is slightly old, but we have it running in our company elsewhere with different kernel versions. I would like to stick to the version for standardisation purposes and wonder, even if it is slightly old, is it the reason for the problem I am having?
richscum is offline   Reply With Quote