Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-11-07, 03:37 PM   #61
nVJoe

Default Re: LOTR-O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09
Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for!

I may pick this up to see how I like it. Can't hurt.
This game is perfect for people like you and me who are sick of WoW. The game is not better than WoW but it is new and fills a lull in the MMO market until fall. It is a great diversion.

I love my hunter JoeJoe on Arkenstone. He can really pump out the damage
nVJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-07, 09:58 AM   #62
tornadog
Keeper of the Faith

Anybody playing this game on Vista with a 8800 GTS. I have XP Pro now but am thinking of going Vista if this game plays fine on it. I browsed the game forums and ppl have been having issues.
Old 05-16-07, 12:13 PM   #63
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Lord of the Ring MMO is perhaps the most boring MMO I have ever beta tested. Considering I have played and beta tested nearly every major MMO to date(including beta for EQ). I'd say this LOTR game is going to do WORSE than even Vanguard.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-07, 12:33 PM   #64
Becoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody
Lord of the Ring MMO is perhaps the most boring MMO I have ever beta tested. Considering I have played and beta tested nearly every major MMO to date(including beta for EQ). I'd say this LOTR game is going to do WORSE than even Vanguard.
I'd say you're on crack.
Becoming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-07, 12:56 PM   #65
hirantha
SUC SUDO

Besides WOW the only MMO you should try is Guild Wars, none of that EA crap.

Look me up in AION and GW2
Game Tag: Famorak
hirantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-07, 04:59 PM   #66
Badboy_12345

Quote:
Originally Posted by tornadog
Anybody playing this game on Vista with a 8800 GTS. I have XP Pro now but am thinking of going Vista if this game plays fine on it. I browsed the game forums and ppl have been having issues.
there is a memory related problem with the game in vista.
They are trying to fix it and is most apparent when using very high texture and lots of AA. It makes the game crash after a while. But when playing on high textures and 2xaa then you can play for hours before it crashes.
Badboy_12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-07, 05:00 PM   #67
Badboy_12345

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becoming
I'd say you're on crack.
QFT!
LOTRO is one of the best mmorpgs out now
Badboy_12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-07, 05:33 PM   #68
winton

Send a message via AIM to winton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody
Just curious, Why do you think LOTR is boring?

I found it to be quite enjoyable so far (Only level 23). Leveling is rather quick doing quests (I dropped some quests since I don't get experience for them.) Character customization is a bit of a grind (specific traits and race stuff depend upon completing objectives like doing moves a certain number of times for class stuff) The world seems fairly large (to me anyway) and I like the more traditional high fantasy art (EQ2 type design haven't played the first EQ so I can't comment).
winton is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-07, 06:35 PM   #69
|MaguS|

I wana try LOTRO now because its been getting good word of the mouth but I don't want to run out and buy the game... I got burned on Vanguards and I want to try before I buy a MMO now.
Old 05-16-07, 07:09 PM   #70
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by winton
Just curious, Why do you think LOTR is boring?

I found it to be quite enjoyable so far (Only level 23). Leveling is rather quick doing quests (I dropped some quests since I don't get experience for them.) Character customization is a bit of a grind (specific traits and race stuff depend upon completing objectives like doing moves a certain number of times for class stuff) The world seems fairly large (to me anyway) and I like the more traditional high fantasy art (EQ2 type design haven't played the first EQ so I can't comment).
I was in beta early on(like 6 months ago) and from what I could tell it was severly limited. Character creation was bad. Questing was terrible. The combat was absolutely aweful. The graphics were nice though.

Worst thing about the beta I didn't like was the fact I put in my gamer name "Sarlaiel" and I got a reply basically saying something like "this is not a real name. Instead of typing in random characters please input a believable name". I put in "Tygerwoody" and it went through .

Maybe I'm biased do to the name thing, but Sarlaiel is the name I have used for every game for the past 10 years. I'm not about to change that for some below average MMO.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-07, 07:56 PM   #71
winton

Send a message via AIM to winton

Magus if you need a buddy key I have one you can use.

Tygerwoody, that name is acceptable now. They had a problem with 3 vowels in a row believe it or not. It was fixed in the later beta stages.

I can't comment on combat from early beta since I was only in the pre-order beta part. (Lifetime membership is an awesome deal imo.)
winton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-07, 07:58 PM   #72
|MaguS|

Sure! Send one my way... btw can I download the client with HR Textures or would I be stuck with the crappy look that was reported to be in the beta?