Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-16-07, 09:13 PM   #73
winton

Send a message via AIM to winton
Default Re: LOTR-O

Buddy key sent! I believe you can download with the HR textures, but I can't tell you for sure. Sorry.
The music system is incredibly addicting too.
winton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-07, 01:06 AM   #74
Becoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody
I was in beta early on(like 6 months ago) and from what I could tell it was severly limited. Character creation was bad. Questing was terrible. The combat was absolutely aweful. The graphics were nice though.

Worst thing about the beta I didn't like was the fact I put in my gamer name "Sarlaiel" and I got a reply basically saying something like "this is not a real name. Instead of typing in random characters please input a believable name". I put in "Tygerwoody" and it went through .

Maybe I'm biased do to the name thing, but Sarlaiel is the name I have used for every game for the past 10 years. I'm not about to change that for some below average MMO.
They've improved every aspect since beta, which is usually what halfway decent companies do. I'd say your name beef is the silliest damn thing I've ever read though. That's like refusing to play a game just because it won't let you prance around in nothing but a pair of bright pink chaps. Completely arbitrary and nothing at all to do with the game or how it plays.

It's people like you with apparently zero attention span and little nitpicks you exaggerate into full-blown "zomg this game are teh suckz!" that give good games a bad rep.

Not that I think for one single moment that a reasonable opinion would change your mind about it, but I thought I'd throw that out there.

P.S. Concerning your comment about LOTR doing worse than Vanguard: if it never sold another copy off of store shelves it'd probably still end up doing better than Vanguard ever will.
Becoming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-07, 07:59 AM   #75
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becoming
They've improved every aspect since beta, which is usually what halfway decent companies do. I'd say your name beef is the silliest damn thing I've ever read though. That's like refusing to play a game just because it won't let you prance around in nothing but a pair of bright pink chaps. Completely arbitrary and nothing at all to do with the game or how it plays.

It's people like you with apparently zero attention span and little nitpicks you exaggerate into full-blown "zomg this game are teh suckz!" that give good games a bad rep.

Not that I think for one single moment that a reasonable opinion would change your mind about it, but I thought I'd throw that out there.

P.S. Concerning your comment about LOTR doing worse than Vanguard: if it never sold another copy off of store shelves it'd probably still end up doing better than Vanguard ever will.
Do you have a hard time reading? Let me guess? another WoW fanboi that turned to LOTR. You guys take personal offense to games too much. I said what was wrong with the game and while I didn't like it. I also stated this was early in beta and thats probably why. Whats wrong with that? Get a life and stop being such a big baby.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-07, 01:01 PM   #76
Becoming

Look I personally don't give a rats ass if you play it or not, but when you say it sucks based on beta (and your outrageously retarded name requirement) you make it sound bad for all the wrong reasons. I guess that's all just too logical for you to grasp though and I must just be a fanboy.

I'm glad you don't like it honestly. I still have hope the LOTR population will be able to escape the 4 to 1 (or greater) retard to intelligent person ratio that WoW has. You not being there will certainly help. Have a lovely day.
Old 05-17-07, 01:04 PM   #77
tornadog
Keeper of the Faith

Magus I think u need the disks to get the hi-res textures. I am still playing with my buddy key and I installed from the disks. Damn only 2 more days left then I gotta buy it
Old 05-17-07, 05:43 PM   #78
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by tornadog
Magus I think u need the disks to get the hi-res textures. I am still playing with my buddy key and I installed from the disks. Damn only 2 more days left then I gotta buy it
Your kidding? The 4GB Beta (what I will be using) doesn't have the High Res Textures? BAH! Don't think the game will grab me with it looking like ass....
Old 05-17-07, 07:31 PM   #79
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becoming
Look I personally don't give a rats ass if you play it or not, but when you say it sucks based on beta (and your outrageously retarded name requirement) you make it sound bad for all the wrong reasons. I guess that's all just too logical for you to grasp though and I must just be a fanboy.

I'm glad you don't like it honestly. I still have hope the LOTR population will be able to escape the 4 to 1 (or greater) retard to intelligent person ratio that WoW has. You not being there will certainly help. Have a lovely day.
You do realize that the name thing was a "joke" right?

I gave my legit reasons why i didn't like the game. I even stated that it was early in beta. Early on in beta I hated Vanguard. After release I liked it alot. I know how beta's work. I've been in more beta's than games I own. I realize LOTR will get better.

Please take your riddlin before you respond.
Old 05-17-07, 08:31 PM   #80
|MaguS|

Is there a way to get the High Res Client other then buying the game?

Installing the Buddy CLient now.

Man, for some reason the game causes my PC to thrash like crazy... it also doesn't seem to run the smoothest even though I know it should, does it have issues with Vista?

Old 05-18-07, 12:47 AM   #81
Becoming

Quote:
You do realize that the name thing was a "joke" right?
And I'm supposed to know that how? I've seen people claim more outrageous things than that and be completely serious. I apologize for responding to what you typed rather than just reading your mind.

Quote:
Please take your riddlin before you respond.
Actually it's called Ritalin. It's cute that the way you spell it is a few consonants away from being a super villain out of Batman though. Between the two of us I rather doubt I'm the likelier candidate for ADHD medication judging by your posts. Thanks for the chuckle in any case.

@ Magus: I'm not sure why you'd be getting bad performance if you aren't using the high res textures, though I can't say I'm surprised given the issues with Vista and games so far. It runs smooth for me with the high res textures and my hardware is no longer close to cutting edge (though still no slouch).
Old 05-18-07, 02:41 PM   #82
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

ahh.. kids
Old 05-18-07, 02:50 PM   #83
Capt. Picard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGuyX
I like the movies not the books. Never even read the books, probably never will.
The world is devided into two groups. Those who have read LOTR and those who are still going to read it.
Old 05-19-07, 03:44 AM   #84
Becoming

Quote:
ahh.. kids
Look Mr. Woody, I appreciate that we have differing opinions on this game (and obviously other things), but lets not piss all over this thread please.

For the record "kid", I am 28 and have two children of my own and don't appreciate being patronized by someone who can barely seem to communicate in english. I really hope you enjoy the attention this quote will seemingly give you, but from here on out I will no longer be replying to anything you post.

Most mature gamers with lives (jobs and famly, etc..) seem to enjoy LOTR online, but tastes vary. I am sorry you don't seem to fall into any of those groups, but that's ok. Ke sera and all that jazz.

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread.

P.S. I've heard from some people that upper 20's content can be hit or miss so far, but hopefully the upcoming content in June will make it less of a struggle. I'm not sure myself since I've been working a lot lately and have alt-itis (meaning I have no characters quite high enough yet to feel the burn), but I'm excited to see what they'll be adding next month.