Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-19-07, 06:29 AM   #85
Arioch

Default Re: LOTR-O

LOTR was a great read but I was more drawn to the darker writings of Michael Moor****.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-07, 10:53 PM   #86
winton

Send a message via AIM to winton

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Is there a way to get the High Res Client other then buying the game?

Installing the Buddy CLient now.

Man, for some reason the game causes my PC to thrash like crazy... it also doesn't seem to run the smoothest even though I know it should, does it have issues with Vista?
How high is your memory clocked on your video card?
I found that the hard drive gets accessed like crazy with the memory up too high.
winton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-07, 10:59 PM   #87
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becoming
Most mature gamers who live in their parent's basement like me...
Pretty funny how upset you are getting over a freaking game.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-07, 11:01 PM   #88
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Back on topic, I might redownload this game and try it out to see whats improved. I do remember the graphics were pretty nice. My only complaint graphics wise was everyone pretty much looked the same.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-07, 11:43 PM   #89
nrdstrm

Hmm...I don't think I'll buy it, but you never know...My buddy key is almost up and I've only been to level 6....The game just doesn't grab me...I was really hoping it would, due to the Vanguard fiasco. I was looking for something to do until Sony
A) Destroys it
or
B) Fixes it
As for LOTRO, I can't put a finger on what I don't like (and all my MMO friends are digging it)...Some of that might be the graphics (I downloaded the beta client and updated that with a buddy key, so I assume I'm on the low res textures)...It ran fine maxed, but didn't look all that great...A bit too cartoony for me (not as bad as WOW though)...Sigh...I might be going to back to EQ2...I hear they've done amazing things with that game...HURRY UP AOC!!!

**EDIT** @ MAGUS - did you try the beta? If so, could you tell me the differences between the low rez and hi rez clients? No offence to anyone else, but I just wan't Magus's opinion, as I know his tastes pretty well...

On Any Given Sunday!
nrdstrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-07, 11:56 PM   #90
|MaguS|

I haven't personally seen what the High Res Textures look like yet but I've been told its significantly better then the low res and I believe it. The Low Res look worse then EQ1 Luclin textures...

As for the game, I have been playing for 3 days so far and well its not that good. It tries to be very quest oriented like WoW but fails to give teh open aspect of having the ability to gring. The world seems pretty controlled. Im gonna keep playing till my Buddy Key goes but I don't think I will want to buy the game unless it really hooks me.

I think im gonna go back to Planetside and WoW till something comes along again...
Old 05-20-07, 11:37 AM   #91
nV`andrew
Akrynym

Send a message via AIM to nV`andrew Send a message via MSN to nV`andrew Send a message via Skype™ to nV`andrew

Quote:
I haven't personally seen what the High Res Textures look like yet but I've been told its significantly better then the low res and I believe it. The Low Res look worse then EQ1 Luclin textures...

As for the game, I have been playing for 3 days so far and well its not that good. It tries to be very quest oriented like WoW but fails to give teh open aspect of having the ability to gring. The world seems pretty controlled. Im gonna keep playing till my Buddy Key goes but I don't think I will want to buy the game unless it really hooks me.

I think im gonna go back to Planetside and WoW till something comes along again...

Planetside is awesome, i wish it wasn't dying out. I played a couple years ago, that game was so much fun. But now i hear the biggest battles are like 15 players. I hope something similar to it comes out eventually

I was thinking about getting LOTR-O but after some opinions im not sure
nV`andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-07, 12:04 PM   #92
|MaguS|

Nah the community is still pretty big if you play on the prime times... battles are still huge but nowhere near as big as they use to be. Still a fun game.

Old 05-20-07, 12:13 PM   #93
nV`andrew
Akrynym

Send a message via AIM to nV`andrew Send a message via MSN to nV`andrew Send a message via Skype™ to nV`andrew

Quote:
Nah the community is still pretty big if you play on the prime times... battles are still huge but nowhere near as big as they use to be. Still a fun game.

Sorry for making the thread OT, lol.

Would you recommend jumping in now or probably just hold off until something, if anything, comes out in the future? (planetside that is)

thanks
nV`andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-07, 01:03 PM   #94
|MaguS|

If you had an account I would recommend hooking up again, its a fun game to play from time to time since it doesn't require constant play to get good at it.

If you do try it out again, Get on Emerald on Vanu side.
Old 05-21-07, 06:45 PM   #95
tornadog
Keeper of the Faith

my buddy key expired yesterday and I was ready to give up on this game. But I got an invite to a kinship and playing is more fun now. The solo questing was getting to be a pain. One of the main reasons why I hate any single player rpg like plague!!!!
Old 05-23-07, 03:16 AM   #96
Badboy_12345

Quote:
Originally Posted by tornadog
my buddy key expired yesterday and I was ready to give up on this game. But I got an invite to a kinship and playing is more fun now. The solo questing was getting to be a pain. One of the main reasons why I hate any single player rpg like plague!!!!
thats why most of the quest require a group to complete in lotro
at least later on lvl 15+
in the start its mostly q you can finish on your own to get a feel for the game but later on you must have a group 70% of the time and everyone else is searching for a group so it is easy to get one. And even better if you are in a kinship.

Its ALOT more fun than WoW in WoW you are on your own 90% of the time

the fun in lotro doesnt start until lvl 15 so if you have played only 10 lvls or so then you havent actually tried the game.

I love it and its the best mmorpg out now and I have tested almost all of them. WoW was the best until Lotro came out, now it bitchslaps WoW all over.
Badboy_12345 is offline   Reply With Quote