Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-20-03, 10:22 PM   #13
Kruno
TypeDef's assistant
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,641
Send a message via ICQ to Kruno Send a message via AIM to Kruno
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by !plonk*
Kiler I think this makes more sense..

UT2003 != UT2K3

2K3 != 2300

2k3 = 20003

Change your avatar sig..

This thread deserves the colored afro ..
I actually looked it up several times and found out I was right.
Unless of course the websites were wrong? Give me overwhelming evidence I am wrong and I will change it.
__________________
"Never before has any voice dared to utter the words of that tongue in Imladris, Mr. Anderson" - Elrond LOTR
Kruno is offline  
Old 03-20-03, 10:35 PM   #14
poursoul
i eat people
 
poursoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Orcutt, CA
Posts: 614
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by FrgMstr
So what exactly is wrong with my comments? Attack? You guys like to call names but you never actually say what is wrong with my statement. Enlighten me please.
Sorry? I didn't say attack. Actually I didn't say attack on purpose. Because it wasn't. Like I said, it was a call out. If not then why the front page? Why not resppond in our forums, or in your own, if it mattered. It was definately you disagreeing publicly (instead of through email, forum, or PM) for no reason.

BTW: Ass clown may be appropriate, but in my oppinion Solomon is the bigger ass-clown here. Every post seems to reak of put downs and unsubstantiated claims of wrong-doing. Never a positive post. Solomon: grow up.
poursoul is offline  
Old 03-21-03, 12:29 AM   #15
Kruno
TypeDef's assistant
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,641
Send a message via ICQ to Kruno Send a message via AIM to Kruno
Default

Quote:
BTW: Ass clown may be appropriate, but in my oppinion Solomon is the bigger ass-clown here. Every post seems to reak of put downs and unsubstantiated claims of wrong-doing. Never a positive post. Solomon: grow up.
I guess you mean the Solomon who doesn't post here?
__________________
"Never before has any voice dared to utter the words of that tongue in Imladris, Mr. Anderson" - Elrond LOTR
Kruno is offline  
Old 03-21-03, 02:45 AM   #16
vampireuk
**** Holster
 
vampireuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: The armoury
Posts: 2,813
Send a message via AIM to vampireuk
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by FrgMstr
So what exactly is wrong with my comments? Attack? You guys like to call names but you never actually say what is wrong with my statement. Enlighten me please.
What use was that article but to try and have a dig at us over here. You could have made a topic on here about it, emailed volt or sent him a pm. BTW I never called you anything on here
__________________
I put children in microwaves.
vampireuk is offline  
Old 03-21-03, 02:55 AM   #17
FrgMstr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: The Great State of Texas
Posts: 47
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by poursoul
Sorry? I didn't say attack. Actually I didn't say attack on purpose. Because it wasn't. Like I said, it was a call out. If not then why the front page? Why not resppond in our forums, or in your own, if it mattered. It was definately you disagreeing publicly (instead of through email, forum, or PM) for no reason.

BTW: Ass clown may be appropriate, but in my oppinion Solomon is the bigger ass-clown here. Every post seems to reak of put downs and unsubstantiated claims of wrong-doing. Never a positive post. Solomon: grow up.
Actually "attack" is exactly what you said. Sorry I "hurt" your feelings or whatever. It was never my intention to make you cry.

I addressed the statements on our front page because I wanted to. I think I have that right to do so. I did not "respond" in these forums because I wanted to address it with my readers, not NVN forum dwellers.

What exactly was I desagreeing with if you know so well?

Since you are going to name call further, I will share my opinion of you. You seem to be one of those guys yearing for attention, most likely because you were not breast fed long enough. I hope you feel good about your sensationalistic post. Maybe you need to write for the InqWell?
__________________
Kyle Bennett
Editor-in-Chief @ HardOCP.com
FrgMstr is offline  
Old 03-21-03, 03:45 AM   #18
Kruno
TypeDef's assistant
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,641
Send a message via ICQ to Kruno Send a message via AIM to Kruno
Default

Can I breast feed off you Kyle?

(I HAD to say something whacky, didn't I? )
__________________
"Never before has any voice dared to utter the words of that tongue in Imladris, Mr. Anderson" - Elrond LOTR
Kruno is offline  
Old 03-21-03, 06:02 AM   #19
vampireuk
**** Holster
 
vampireuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: The armoury
Posts: 2,813
Send a message via AIM to vampireuk
Default

Thanks for another insightfull post there, btw Kyle please understand the difference in the word opinion. When one person expresses their dislike of another that does not mean everyone else feels the same way.

Quote:
Since you are going to name call further, I will share my opinion of you. You seem to be one of those guys yearing for attention, most likely because you were not breast fed long enough. I hope you feel good about your sensationalistic post. Maybe you need to write for the InqWell?
and comments like this are just not going to help at all are they.
__________________
I put children in microwaves.
vampireuk is offline  
Old 03-21-03, 11:53 AM   #20
FrgMstr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: The Great State of Texas
Posts: 47
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by vampireuk
and comments like this are just not going to help at all are they.
Your insight is amazing as well but you simply do not have the reach to understand my motivation. The post was not meant to "help". It was meant to point out someone talking trash and starting situations based on sensationalistic posts.

The person posting this thread has no basis for the subject nor the content of his post and I simply called him on it. I guess this is a "fanforum" as well?
__________________
Kyle Bennett
Editor-in-Chief @ HardOCP.com
FrgMstr is offline  

Old 03-21-03, 11:59 AM   #21
digitalwanderer
 
digitalwanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Highland, IN USA
Posts: 4,944
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by vampireuk
What use was that article but to try and have a dig at us over here. You could have made a topic on here about it, emailed volt or sent him a pm. BTW I never called you anything on here
I dunno, I felt the article was more calling attention to the fact that their was still some fanboyish optimists out there who are still just swallowing whatever nVidia happens to shell out to them.

Seriously, I do. When I first saw Volt's story on the frontpage my first reaction was disbelief. It was either an incredibly gullible or foolish attitude IMHO, and it's not surprising that someone would mock it.

If you're going to be swinging a 'tude like that, you'd best be ready and expecting to defend it in this climate.
__________________
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline  
Old 03-21-03, 12:00 PM   #22
vampireuk
**** Holster
 
vampireuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: The armoury
Posts: 2,813
Send a message via AIM to vampireuk
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by FrgMstr
Your insight is amazing as well but you simply do not have the reach to understand my motivation. The post was not meant to "help". It was meant to point out someone talking trash
No staff member of this site was talking trash, your issue is not with us now is it?
__________________
I put children in microwaves.
vampireuk is offline  
Old 03-21-03, 06:17 PM   #23
Kruno
TypeDef's assistant
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,641
Send a message via ICQ to Kruno Send a message via AIM to Kruno
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by vampireuk
No staff member of this site was talking trash, your issue is not with us now is it?
I think Kyle memtioned something about breaking into a "VOLT".

Get the joke?
__________________
"Never before has any voice dared to utter the words of that tongue in Imladris, Mr. Anderson" - Elrond LOTR
Kruno is offline  
Old 03-22-03, 01:53 PM   #24
Uttar
Registered User
 
Uttar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 1,354
Send a message via AIM to Uttar Send a message via Yahoo to Uttar
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by FrgMstr
Your insight is amazing as well but you simply do not have the reach to understand my motivation. The post was not meant to "help". It was meant to point out someone talking trash and starting situations based on sensationalistic posts.

The person posting this thread has no basis for the subject nor the content of his post and I simply called him on it. I guess this is a "fanforum" as well?
I hate getting into this type of thread, but anyway...

You've obviously got the right to post what you think. I, for one, don't see a problem with it.
I understand you want to talk about such things with your readers.

But please don't say you don't see what people would consider wrong in your statements. Because that can't be true.
The problem with your statement is that you are implying that Volt is a fanboy, and that nV News is not an objective website.

While you are free to post such opinions, I refuse to believe that you didn't know you were going to get such complains from some people at nV News when you posted that. It's human to not like to be insulted, really.

Now, does that mean I think anyone should be able to insult anyone for any reason? Of course not! But in your case, it seems fairly justified to me. I'm not saying that volt is a fanboy: but it seems justified to think that he might be one, based only on that news item.

IMO, it might have been better if you made your message less aggressive. The following, for example:
Quote:
It will be interesting to soon see Mike's take on the NV31/34 that "came out as scheduled".
I just don't see how that type of comment is required... It's aggressive, and doesn't add anything to your argument.
Of course, other people might think it does - but that's what opinions are all about, no?


Anyway, the word "attack" used in the original post is possibly exagerated. But insulting him because he said that, which is probably what he felt, is much worse.


And for the record, I do not believe this is a "fanboy forum".
We've got fanboys, sure. But we've also got a lot of people who truly aren't. And some people who actually don't like nVidia at all.
So, overall, I'd say this isn't a "fanboy site"


Thanks for reading,

Uttar
Uttar is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.