Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-05-07, 12:58 AM   #13
Bearclaw

Default Re: Just found my second fave feature of IE7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar
Clay, have you tried ctrl + tab?

Yay for tab cycling.
Now way, I just tried that and its awesome!
Old 04-05-07, 08:52 PM   #14
Clay

Quote:
Clay, have you tried ctrl + tab?

Yay for tab cycling.
Yep, that's the best. Using it and CTRL+SHIFT+TAB is handy for viewing comparison screenshots of the same scene.

I personally believe that us americans are unable to do so because osama.

People out there in our nation don't have that, And I believe that our education like such as south africa and such as the Iraq.

everywhere "such as". And I believe our education should help the US should help the south africa and the iraq and the asian countries so we can build up our future.
-- Miss Teen South Carolina

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-07, 09:40 PM   #15
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Yah. People give IE a lotta sh!t but it's an awesome browser, especially under Vista.

I just wish there were more extensions and they were better integrated (like directly into the status bar a la FF2). That would make it the PERFECT browser combination of speed and functionality. Vista is pretty secure so I'm not that worried just yet about vulnerabilities.

I switch between IE7 and FF2 right now.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-07, 10:09 PM   #16
Rakeesh

Actually all of these features of the IE7 tabs were borrowed from firefox. That includes ctrl-t as well.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-07, 10:33 PM   #17
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK
Actually all of these features of the IE7 tabs were borrowed from firefox. That includes ctrl-t as well.
Actually no. The IE tabs by default function far better than FF2.

Heck even after installation of a number of extensions, there are many things that are STILL superior in IE than compared to FF.

I love the fact that in IE I can just say, open my homepage instead of a blank page.
Old 04-05-07, 10:52 PM   #18
Rakeesh

Quote:
Actually no.
Actually yes. The middle mouse button for example, that feature existed in FF long before Microsoft ever even hinted at adding tabs to IE.

Quote:
The IE tabs by default function far better than FF2.
How so?

Quote:
Heck even after installation of a number of extensions, there are many things that are STILL superior in IE than compared to FF.
I am not trying to bash IE here, I am just saying that many (all?) of the features being mentioned here were in FF first.

But anyways, noscript FTW.

Quote:
I love the fact that in IE I can just say, open my homepage instead of a blank page.
I am not sure what you are talking about here.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-07, 11:00 PM   #19
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK
Actually yes. The middle mouse button for example, that feature existed in FF long before Microsoft ever even hinted at adding tabs to IE.
Sure, if that's the route you are going with the discussion, I am with you.

Quote:
How so?
Visual representation of tabs by clicking the preview, various maneuverable options that are now available in FF2 through extensions. I can get the click new tab option through a visual style and I tend to use that feature a LOT.

Quote:
I am not trying to bash IE here, I am just saying that many (all?) of the features being mentioned here were in FF first.
Many, yes. All, definitely not. I would suggest you take a twirl around IE to get a feel for the differences.

Quote:
But anyways, noscript FTW.
Opera actually. But, I had to give up on opera because of my affinity for a few extensions in FF2.

Quote:
I am not sure what you are talking about here.
Clicking on the new tab option for me in IE, I have it default to opening my homepage.

This way, if I am browsing some other site, I can just click on the tab and voila, or I can just launch a new tab and there it is. I have not seen that option in FF2. Ctrl + Home icon == the closest and it's not that big a deal, but certainly a convenience I miss. Opera had a similar issue.

-edit-

One other thing in IE that I miss in Opera and FF2 is the right-click menu on the scroll bar on the right

I like just being able to right click and select top. Kinda spoiled using that feature honestly
Old 04-14-07, 02:30 AM   #20
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

The only thing I like in IE7 over FF is it is very easy to open a new tab, being that you just hit the small tab option.

Other than that, honestly I prefer FF in all other functions. The fact that FF has a spell checker is practically an end all feature for me.. considering I post on message boards all day

Old 04-14-07, 03:18 AM   #21
Arioch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jAkUp
The only thing I like in IE7 over FF is it is very easy to open a new tab, being that you just hit the small tab option.

Other than that, honestly I prefer FF in all other functions. The fact that FF has a spell checker is practically an end all feature for me.. considering I post on message boards all day
Pffft- speel cheker is overatedd.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-07, 06:24 AM   #22
GamblerFEXonlin
polygons are fun!

Send a message via ICQ to GamblerFEXonlin

Quote:
IE7 needs more extensions/add-ons to really start dominating. Fortunately for MS, the majority of users are not aware of such things.
What are you talking about, IE7 comes with all new versions of Vista, and Vista comes with almost all new PCs..

To you people not understaing why some dislike IE and Microsoft, read up on the days when MS polluted the web with propritary HTML features and gave IE out for free. Talk about embrace and extinguish.

A time we also got IE7 through the security update feature of Windows XP, and as there are a great amount of updates people don't usually check every single one. Luring IE7 onto people PCs as a "Security Update" is considered malware practice. Only this time you don't pay for it by browsing history and pop-up ads, you pay for it by strenghtening Microsofts monopoly.

"Microsoft relies on the fact that its communication protocols are technologically innovative and are covered by intellectual-property rights"
"technologically innovative" - nonsence all you are about here is needlessly duplication open protocols so as to get locking on the entire Internet.
"Linux can win as long as services / protocols are commodities .. By extending these protocols and developing new protocols, we can deny OSS projects entry into the market"
Vinod Valloppillil Nov 1998 [catb.org]
http://www.catb.org/~esr/halloween/halloween1.html

See here where you tried to claim ownership of TCP/IP hrough the tried and tested method of co-mingling functionality er .. polluting the protocols. Blunk pointed out that Microsoft is claiming some form of IP rights over "a total of 130 protocols which Microsoft is offering for license." "Many of the listed protocols are [IETF] RFC [request for comment] documents, including but not limited to the core TCP/IP v4 and TCP/IP v6 protocol specifications," he said in his note.
Larry J. Blunk, Merit Network Inc. Nov 2004 [eweek.com]
http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759...119TX1K0000594

Remember, you're either part of the solution or you are part of the problem. Time to make a stand gentlemen! :ninja:
GamblerFEXonlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-07, 06:44 AM   #23
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arioch
Pffft- speel cheker is overatedd.
L0L

I've been using Opera 9.2, and while it's taking a bit to get used to, the functionality just owns anything I've seen in FF or IE.

Speed dial is one of my faves, open a new tab and you can have 9 (maybe more) sites ready to go, click the one you want, themes and widgets out the ying-yang...very impressed so far.
Old 04-14-07, 09:57 AM   #24
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jAkUp

You need to use the theme called aerofox basic. It has the same type of tabs as in IE. It just doesn't have the awesome graphics based preview function but it's ok