Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Home Theater A/V

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-04-07, 02:00 AM   #1
Ruined

Default Toshiba HD-A1/XA1 Firmware v2.1 now available!

FYI

Can be obtained via Toshiba customer support on disc, or downloaded simply by hooking your player's ethernet jack up to your router and going to the Setup menu, then Maintenance/Update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toshiba
Frequently Asked Questions:

Q1. What does this update do?

A1. This firmware update adds support for certain anticipated network delivered content in future HD DVD discs, improves certain video and audio processing capabilities, as well as addresses certain disc playback and HDMI/DVI related problems identified by Toshiba.

Q2. The HDMI output does not work or works intermittently with the HDMI or DVI input on my HDTV or monitor. Does the new firmware address that problem?

A2. The firmware update addresses and improves HDMI and DVI connectivity. If you still experience problems, try disconnecting and reconnecting the HDMI cable. Make sure your display input is set to HDMI (or DVI). If your display has more than one HDMI/DVI input, make sure that all connected HDMI/DVI source devices are powered on (even if not in use). If none of these solve the problem, please turn off the TV and the HD DVD player. Check all connections. Disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable. Turn on the TV first and then turn on the HD DVD player. Should you continue to experience problems, please contact Toshiba Customer Solutions at (800) 319-6684.

Q3. During HD DVD playback I sometimes experience pixelization, block noise or audio dropouts. Sometimes playback stops. Sometimes, playback is not smooth. Does the new firmware address these issues?

A3. This firmware update, which includes material from prior updates, addresses various playability issues. You should also check to be sure that the disc is clean and, if the disc will not operate at all, that you are inserting the disc with the right side up. Should you continue to experience problems, please contact Toshiba Customer Solutions at (800) 319-6684.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 2.66GHz CPU | Intel G965WH mobo | 8GB (4x2GB) DDR2-667mhz CAS5 RAM (1066MHz FSB) | BFG GeForce 285 GTX OC 1GB | Dell E228WFP 22" DVI-HDCP LCD Monitor | 1TB Western Digital RE3 SATA2 Main Drive | 500GBx2 Western Digital RE3 SATA2 Scratch Drives in RAID0 | Western Digital RE3 1TB SATA2 Media Drive | External 2TB Western Digital MyBook Backup Drive | Adaptec eSATA 3.0gbps PCI-E interface | Sandisk External 12-in-1 Flash Card Reader | LG GGC-H20L HD DVD/BD reader, DVD writer | LG GGW-H20L HD DVD/BD reader, DVD/BD writer | Microsoft E4000 Ergonomic Keyboard | Logitech Trackman Wheel | Antec P182 ATX Case | Thermaltake ToughPower XT 850w modular PSU | KRK RP-8 Rokit Studio Monitors | Windows Vista Ultimate x64
Ruined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-07, 07:49 AM   #2
superklye

Default Re: Toshiba HD-A1/XA1 Firmware v2.1 now available!

Hmm...I still need to get 1.3 for my A2. But it's been working fine, so I dunno if I should update.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote